Monday, October 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, October 7

Good morning Rounders. We are all sad about the loss of our sister, JoGee. She is not our biological sister, but she is our earth sister because we connected with her spirit while she was alive. She was encouraging, supportive, and a faithful friend for all the time that I have posted on this forum. Many times she offered a very analogical answer to a problem that we were having, she gave sage advice about everyday things that happen to us, and though I'm sure there were many times that she did not feel like posting she did. We will miss you JoGee, but we will never forget you. Peace be with your family and loved ones left behind. Go in Peace.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Yes I agree Jogee will be missed.

I woke up feeling like complete crap! I have a sinus migraine. My ears and neck hurt bad! After work I am going to make a chiropractor appointment. I am also going to urgent care for pain shots. I will pick up the meds I need after that.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you poor dear. Hope you feel better today. Rest and take care.

Good Morning my dear friends. Yes, I'm very sad about Jo. I just KNEW something was very wrong. Jo ALWAYS posted. Now she's with E. I feel really bad for the kids to lose both parents in such a short time. This should be a good reminder to all of you....tell someone to let us know if something happens to you and for them to let us know.

Yesterday was my last official day at the farm stand. Instead of baking all day, I cooked and baked. I made lasagna, a pot of chili, and beautiful tossed salad, cut up a very sweet cantaloupe, and prepped the ingredients to make Cork's lunch food once I got home from cards. Oh, and I did bake 4 pies...one for Mel's, 2 for Kathy, and one that was still in the refrig that didn't get baked for the stand. Kathy had requested a dutch apple pie and Matt loves cherry macaroon pie which I made for his birthday then. Everybody was happy happy. My house smelled very good.

Mom requested that I pick her up since she doesn't like to drive in the rain & dark. I had bought her this beautiful Mum basket that actually only had the handles so it was easier to carry. They are in these 12" or so pots and the span across had to be at least a yard. It's the mound of many different colors of mums. I just couldn't help buying one. My Mom was blown away with it too. You just smile looking at it. We had a nice evening of playing cards. Mom & I lost both games big time. We are there for the food & laughs anyways. Got home & made Cork's food.

Kathy kept Blaise overnight since she was taking him down to Childrens' Hosp for a dental consult appt. Her idea...not mine. Anyways, she came to my SIL to pick up her food and get Blaise's bookbag. He didn't come along because they were having Bro Minecraft day. There was Blaise, Kathy's Matt, Blaise's Dad Kody, plus Matt's 2 brothers and 2 of Matt's friends. Blaise was in his glory.

This morning I actually got to sleep in. No Blaise to get on the bus, no pies to deliver or bake for the stand, and no appointments. Nice! Feels like half my day is gone, but I'm well rested.

My plan is to clean some, finish icing the sugar cookies, and prep for the pies I have to bake tomorrow. I really should cook a real meal for my guys. We'll see.

Hugs my friends!

Comment

Good morning...I am still so surprised to read JoGee is gone. And sad. Funny how you become such good friends through the cyber world. People we would never have met otherwise. I am glad she had a couple of months close to her family and thankful they let us know. She will be missed.

This morning the house is in the 60s..it is suppose to warm to 80 this week but the nights will be cool to cold. The Cardinals lost yesterday and play again this afternoon. If they lose today they will have to pick up their ball and go home until next Spring. Then I will be finished with baseball because I do not cheer on another team. But I will miss baseball until April. Blues play tonight..I know two different sports in the same day. Do you know how great it would be if they both won? Someplace in between an afternoon game and an early evening game I have to do my daily normal stuff, buy groceries and cook a meal. Need to buy allergy meds and decongestants so I do not end up in the same shape Beth is in. Yes go to urgent care because I know you are miserable Beth. Take care!

I can just imagine what a quiet peaceful morning you are having Cookie. It must feel like a vacation! I do not know where you get the energy to do what you do every single day. I am not sure I ever had that much get up and go. Certainly not in the kitchen!!

Karlinann you said what we think in your opening thoughts. You have a good way of expressing yourself. Thank you..

It is late here so I need to start the day...appears I am good at sleeping in on cool mornings. I do have a talent!! Jon is off today and needs to wake before I grocery shop...I am hoping he will grill something and I will have to buy burgers and brauts. Then I can eat from my big chair while I am watching a game...any game...but only if it is the Cardinals or Blues!

Comment

I knew something was seriously wrong, too. I will sure miss Jo and her quick reliable responses, too.
        yes, thanks for your words, Karlinann. Over the years I have been here, I felt like I knew Jo and Ellis through her great posts.

Only 4 boys today.

Comment

Working...
        X