Sunday, October 6, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, October 6, 2019

Good morning Rounders! Yes, it's been a long time. Where to begin. Well, we had major computer problems and had to finally call in the computer guy to help. He is expensive, but worth it. We were on our last leg with the Microsoft and he had to start the updates. I thought it was a virus, but it was just dying. He updated us to the newer version and got rid of all the stuff that was slowing the computer down.

That was after we had quite a few scary scam calls. I was so afraid to pick up the phone for awhile and I still do not answer it most of the time. DH likes to give them the business, but I do not want to give them anything. Every day it's some new scammer trying to get your info. I had a lot of anxiety over it. I'm serious, it's really bad here.

I have not been posting all this time due to the fact that I had nothing worthy to write. I just found myself in a slump. Not really depressed, but just nothing to say. I feel it's better to take a break when I'm in that mood.

The weather has been awful. It's been a long time since we had a good soaking rain. Some of my plants have died already. It's been bad this year in a bunch of states and I have been praying for rain here. They say it will be like this until November. This dry spell will make the cost of produce go up. I feel so sorry for the farmers.

I read the posts back for a couple of weeks and it seems JoGee has been missing in action. Hope she is okay.

I have a PM appt. this coming Tuesday to discuss my Sciatica/Back problems. That Sciatica has been kicking in lately. I've been religiously taking the Glucosamine Chondroitin every day. My Titanium Steel knee has been hurting since yesterday so maybe we are going to get rain. Let it Be!

Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner today.

I've been going out in the mornings just to be out there for a spell. There is not much to do, but it helps me to get out in the fresh air the first part of the day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, Karli, and everyone else who opens the door.

Maybe JoG has electronic problems as well. Sometimes it takes a while to get those things straightened out.

We were, and did get some rain overnight. However, I don't see any water in the rain guage nor the cars picking up any "mist" as they go down the busy street next to me.

Today is Church then lunch out. Yesterday, we went to Panera Bread after the "auction", which I explained yesterday afternoon on here.

At least it wasn't duck hunting things. I bought my great great nephew a "walk behind or ride on car" as he is now pulling up to things. Well my niece sent me a video of him walking behind it. He sure took to walking real fast. Now to see how long he turns that loose and just walks on his own. Then the car will go to my other great great nephew so he can learn to walk. The 2 boys are exactly 6 months apart. They should be great buds when they get older.

Enough blabber from me. Will bid you all a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning. Battling a head ache this morning...still trying to decide my day. I have to work at 4. I am excited for that. One of my favorite guys is coming back. He left for another job but has decided to come back to us too! Sunday is one of my favorite times to work. Little to no drama. It mayb a bit slow due to fall break.

Comment

Good Morning! I worked on my post yesterday off & on, and around 10pm I gave up. It's a dreary & chilly day here. Rain in our forecast for the next 2 days.

Today is my last official day for the pie season down at the stand. YEA! Will that mean no more pies this week? Nah! I've got orders for 3 different days. Kathy requested a dutch apple pie & Matt a cherry macaroon pie. Plus Kathy wants more chili. I told her to bring me meat & I'll do it.

Cork finally got the pool all put to bed for this year. Really debating whether we'll even open it next year. Hardly anyone used it this year. We'll see. My project was organizing and cleaning the pantry. I then used the carpet scrubber to clean the pantry carpet and the little enclosed porch's carpet. Man were they both filthy. Looks so much better. I held off making up pies yesterday until we saw how many pies sold yesterday. They all sold, so I made the ordered amount. Of course two people ordered pies that I didn't have the filling made up for, but I'll use the filling someway somehow in the next week.

When I dropped Blaise off at Kathy's Friday after school, I told them they had to work on his multiplications over the weekend. He failed 4 of his tests on Friday according to his teacher...in spelling & grammar. He KNOWS that stuff. That was 5 failing grades in 2 days. Kathy said he whipped right through the problems with no problem. This week they are starting on 4's, and she had him do up to 6's. We all know he's smart, but if he doesn't show it on paper, there is no proof. Kathy & Kody came up with a homework offer. We shouldn't even have to do that. He should JUST DO IT. I just want to shake him. I'm trying not to stress over this because it's just 4th grade, but he's learning bad habits.

This morning we went to church. Next week we'll start back to SS since I'll no longer have to deliver pies to the stand. Playing cards this evening. I'm going to make lasagna, salad, and fresh green beans. Need to make Cork's lunch food for the week too. Mom ask me to pick her up today because she doesn't like driving in the rain & dark. I'm not a big fan of it either, but I handle it better than she does...I hope.

It's GREAT to see you Karli! Hey, there's many days we don't have much to say, but it's nice to know we all are alive & semi well. Sorry to hear about your aches & pains. (((KA)))

Bethina….who's still there over Fall break? I thought the purpose was everyone going home to see family.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...already lost my first post. How can a keyboard be so familiar and yet I don't know what I pushed to make things act up.

Karlinann, good to have you back. You were missed and you know how these ladies worry! AT&T is not putting as many fraud call through..phone will ring once and then stop or it will come up fraud alert. I know some people do not answer if they don't know the number but I do because I think maybe the kids are using another phone or something.

Jo sounds like you enjoyed your first duck auction. Wonder why they called it duck? Did you buy your lipstick?

Rained a small shower yesterday and was suppose to rain last night. Not sure if it did or not because I have not looked outside yet but by the feel of my head it did not lower the pollen count any. The furnace is not running to clean the inside air so you do feel the allergens. Can't sit out either because the stink bugs are crazy. Aren't they ugly? and worthless!

Blues won last night and the Cardinals play this afternoon in St. Louis so hope there is no rain today. Donna, loved that shirt! That is me this Fall for sure!! Baseball and hockey make life very good!

Have a mattress being delivered Wednesday so have two bedrooms to clean. I get the new mattress and my old one will go into our new guest room. I just had to break down and get it done with the holidays around the corner. I put Scott in Drew's room but it is just a mess and I am tired of cleaning it up for a habitual pig! Plus when you have an empty room it ends up being a catch all room. Amazing what you do not have to put away if you can just open a door and throw it in there. But where will I put all the stuff I have thrown in there? Andrew probably wouldn't notice if he ended up with new junk in his room. He might like it!

No plans for today but afternoon baseball. I did order my yarn from Michael's yesterday at a very reasonable price. Sierra sent a picture of the color she wanted and the skein info but I cannot buy yarn around here. We are forced to use the internet weather we want to or not.

Well, time to start the day. Have a great Sunday!!

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Maxie, I enjoyed going out yesterday. I think my Christmas shopping is done.

Yes! good to see Karlinann back and hope the scammers get tired of trying to get through. It seems they come in waves and then go away awhile.
          Spencer arrived last night while I was picking up the pizza. I am not sure how long he will be here today before he has to drive down to Petaluma. He will be back Thursday evening and then both Becky and I took off Friday so we will have another good day with him before he leaves Saturday morning. His new position will have him travelling out this way more and I am just thankful for every chance to visit, no matter how short a time it is.

Todsay we are making our own deli style sandwiches, per his request. I bought Dill rye bread as well as some wheat rolls and everything bagels...pastrami and a turkey my Walmart deli calls Thanksgiving turkey. No weird seasonings and just a great taste.

I finally bought lots of plants for my brick planter out front. I have some pumpkins out there, too as decoration and just love this time of the year with all the fall plants and colors. I don't wear orange but I sure like it in my outdoor decorating.

My FL brother and his wife are really enjoying NYC. Doug sent me some pictures of his run the other morning and I though he must have gone somewhere way out of town: it was a beautiful trail with boulders on the side and lots of trees. I asked him where he went and then he sent me a sound bite: sirens and all kind of honking in the background of this gorgeous trail! Then he sent me a picture and said not to show our mom: crime scene tape around the trail side! I just texted, Watch your back! No telling him to not go out, but boy! Being a country mouse is so different than what he is living.
          I saw pictures of the apartment they are staying in for their friends and it is nice sized for what I have seen on the real estate shows of NYC.

I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful day and stay healthy and happy!

Comment

OMG! I knew something was wrong with JoGee. So sorry to read that post. She will be greatly missed. I will never forget her spirit.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

What a total shock about JoGee. Never expected to hear this news. She will be missed.

Comment

Working...
              X