Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...10/5

Good morning everyone.

The cyber home door is now open. Get your coffee and sit and tell everyone what is on your agenda for the day.

My agenda is going to the Coliseum with my oldest niece and SIL. They are having something called "Duck Auction". Have no idea what that is and neither do they. I just hope it isn't some hunting supplies for duck hunters.

Then the plan is to spend some more time shopping for lipstick. Hopefully, there will be more than just lipstick in the store.

So that is on my agenda, what is on your's? whatever it is, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 10-05-2019, 07:18 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Let us know what a duck auction is..

Comment

And interesting you said lipstick shopping! I put my used up Clinique chunky crayon lipstick in my bag so I will have it whenever I go to Redding...I love the color (kind of coral pink) and I have way too many that I never should have bought in the first place: too mauve for me. Who knows what was in style when I bought them or what I was thinking? And I no longer use much lipgloss when I used to use it up!

It is a beautiful Saturday morning out and I have both inside and outside things to do today and as the temp rises into the 80's I will be outside. Right now it is inside jobs; still chilly out. In the low 50's.

Spencer won't get here until around 7:00 pm and he would like pizza from our favorite family place. They have a great Italian salad and I am getting that so I can eat just 1 piece of pizza and the rest salad...well, that is the plan.

I have three watches the batteries all went out on at the same time...a jewelry/pawn shop up town does the batteries for you at only 5.00 and they are having a 25% off all jewelry, including the pawn shop side so I am going in to see what I can get for a Christmas gift for my mother and maybe a chain for a necklace I have. I bought the pendant at a gem shop in town, but their chains were all so expensive that I bought a chain at the jewelry/pawn shop which not feels too light for the larimar pendant...It is a light tourquoise stone from the Dominican Republic...anyway, I am hoping the pawn shop will have a better chain for it.

I have a friend who found a great deal at that shop: a beautiful pave diamond oval shaped ring...really stunning! I know I won't have money for something like that, but my brothers and I could go in on something for my mom. Anyway, I am always looking.

The pineapple upside downcake sounds really good, maxie. I love the gooey part on top. I have never made one, though!

Friends dropped by at the end of daycare yesterday. They have been leasing in the Pismo BEach area after they lost their home in the paradise fire last Nov. They just bought a home in Crescent City! As high up the CA coast as you can get and will be closer to me and more drivable for me, too. Shannon si one of my college roommates and we were in each other's weddings and have gone through a lot together. She and I are the only ones in CA, so it will be great having her closer and back up here.

Wish I had some good cooking going on right now. I do have some coming up: a spaghetti fundraiser with a baked good auction for next Saturday. I just haven't thought of what I can bake that is really auction worthy. Maybe a couple of roll cakes? Or the big coco Cola cake? That one weighs a lot and you can feel the yummy goodness and in weight of it (in my mind). I can't be at the dinner so I am donating to the cause. Afriend who just had hip replacement surgery (!) is organizing the food part of the event.
      t is to support the husband of a young bride (21) who died suddenly form meningitis!! They were married in May. So sad.

I hope you find the yarn you want, maxie and Beth, so good you missed the fight. Now you can just say, I wasn't here, if anyone tries to pull you in with their side of the story!
      Jostoy, I will be waiting to hear wha ta duck auction is, too. It just makes me see camo and decoys when I read that.

Sorry about the change in font. Like maxie: how I do what I do on this compute ris a mystery and I am just happy when it posts!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I went back on line and found the yarn at a reasonable price from Michael's.. I never shop there so was kinda surprised at their prices. Now to see how long it takes to get here although I am working on one that Andrew wants now. Sounds like your weekend is full...enjoy!

Maxie micheals will take competitor coupons

Comment

Well the "Duck Auction" turned out being a huge garage like sale only in the Coliseum. Bought a lot of stuff for my great greats. They had very nice looking clothing and toys. Guess I got my Christmas shopping done except for the adult I draw out.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X