Friday..October 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday..October 4

Morning! Had to dig out my big red robe this morning. Burr...we went from 95 one day to not even hitting 70 yesterday. Thinking of baking an pineapple upside down cake this morning. Then I am thinking of eating it all before anyone comes home later this afternoon!

Cardinals won yesterday..good come from behind game. They play again this afternoon. I have been working on my afghan. Yesterday morning I tore it all out and started over..something was just off and it was driving me crazy. I work until my shoulder complains then put it down for a while. You would think I would put it down and go off to do something else but that is probably a wrong assumption although there is plenty to do around here and I should start my Fall cleaning. Windows need washed. I need to get the guys to put up the yard ornaments then maybe I can get then to help wash windows next week.

Had some Kohl's cash so took a drive yesterday. Bought Sierra a top for her bday and saw the cutest Christmas bath/hand towels so picked them up before they were gone. I like seasonal towels to decorate the bath.

Well, time to start the day. This is no cook Friday...leaves me more time to chase dirt. But I am open for something exciting to come along and sweep me off my feet....out of here anyway!

Have a wonderful day and hope it is exciting and makes you happy!

Good SUNNY Morning! It's a cool one here too. Opened my windows so now the surrounding neighbors can smell my pies baking. Only one more pie baking day for this pie season. Whooop Whoooop!!!! Now that doesn't mean I won't be baking more pies, but just not for the stand. I have an order for 6 pies next Friday.

Yesterday was good. I baked cookies until it was time to go meet my friend for lunch. Came home and finished baking off the cookies. I then assembled and baked the pies for today. I don't have enough filling for Sunday's pies, so I'll have to make some today before I assemble those pies.

Got Blaise's bass picked up. The sucker is big & heavy and is only the 1/8 sized one. He was so excited. I sent a pic of him "playing" it to several family members. I had a nice "chat" with Kody's Dad.

Got very sad news yesterday. My orchard guy has looked old as dirt ever since I've been going there, and it's almost 20 yrs now. Anyways, he passed away this past winter. I always call to make sure he's still in business, and by golly he isn't this year. He told me a couple years ago that none of the family wanted to take over once he was done. Sad. Too much work they said. LAZY!!!! Last year was a terrible year for him, and I'm thinking he died of a broken heart and disappointment. He hardly had any apples to sell. Sue & I made calls to different places, and she finally found someone who could get us bushels for $20 each. Now I've been paying $6/bushel for years, but I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy them. The one place was selling "seconds" for $40/bushel and "firsts" for $58/bushel. WOW!!!!

This morning I'm going to stop over at Aunt J's after I deliver my pies. She's doing fine. Then home to make more fillings and bake off the sugar cookies & wafer cookies. I have an order for 2 cookie platters for tomorrow. I'm taking Blaise down to Kathy's after school and picking up Chinese for dinner.

Time to go.....have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I paid $8.00 for a small bag of apples last weekend and thought that was high. The guys around here have gone through that bag but will not touch the Jonathan's...they are really tart. I can eat them but they would be much better dipped in caramel!

I Am hoping we hear from Karlinann and Jogee soon.

I didn’t do much yesterday..

Work today then errands and dinner with my person that helps me out.

Comment

I am up and have time to post here instead of using my phone. It is chilly and going to be sunny for the next week.
      I have someone who is supposed to come and get the big mats I have by my play structure. They are horse stall mats and he thinks he can use them. I said I would pay to have them hauled off but he said he would do it for free if he could have them.
      Over the years the kids have gone down the slides and created dips in the ground even with the mats there. Water collects and is really hard to "sweep" away and I am just tired of the kids sitting in the water and making a mess. Like a change of clothes mess! So, one way or another, I am hoping the mats will get taken care of. they are Heavy! I can't pull them out myself...

I have a furnace check up scheduled for next Tuesday and the tree guy cam eby last night after daycare to look at the tree. I figure before a branch or limb breaks and does real damage to my car or a daycare parents car, I need to get it trimmed while I am still working and have that money. Not a fun expense, but necessary...like tires.

I am hoping all is ok with Jo and Karlinann, but starting to worry, since Jo has not ever said she needs a break from the computer..
      If I could find the link of the place where she moved I would call and ask for them to get a message to her...any luck on finding it? I haven't found it in our back posts but remember she posted it and I was really impressed with how it looks.

Well, maxie, I hope you wave some of that baking aroma my way. And I will be opening my door and window soona nd hoping I get a whiff of Donna's pies.
      Beth, hope your day goes well and is happy!
      Give Janet our best, Donna, and I am in shock over those apple prices!!! I guess at 1.49 a pound I never thought of what a bushel would cost.

Comment

Working...
      X