Wednesday..Ocotber 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday..Ocotber 2

Morning! What a great day!! This is the last day of the heat wave and both the Cardinals and Blues play tonight. Naturally they play at the same time but that is ok...that is what remote controls are for. Jon has the day off today so will be cooking...I am telling you this is a good day!

Plans for today are getting an oil change and maybe getting my drivers license updated. Need groceries. Andrew made a few meal suggestions last night. He wants grilled cheese and tomato soup for tonight...easy enough especially since his dad is cooking. He also ask for lasagna. You know not to many people request my lasagna! I also have a turkey breast that needs cooking. Plus this kid can eat pancakes and eggs twice a week. Looks like I have meals for the rest of this week and into next week.

Got my haircut and she was shocked at the length. It had grown out enough that she wedged the back. The last cut was just one of those exceptional cuts that kept laying and looking good. That seldom happens.

Things are dull and boring and HOT around here. Weeds have taken over and need pulled but for some reason this fall heat seems so much worse than summer heat...ya know? Trees are not turning yet but some leaves are falling. Weeds still growing. Jon will be draining the pool today even though they swam last night. Strange weather year.

Have a wonderful day out there. Remember to cheer on the Blues and Cardinals!

Ok, 2 sentences in and my internet had a problem and shut off...startd again.

Our weather is chilly in the mornig and warms up to the upper 70's by the afternoon. This weekend it will be hot again but then 70-80's for a week or two.

I still have not had the tree guy come by to look at the tree...not sure if he is just so popular or if it self-employed and not really needing the work. I am messaging him again and just really want the tree done. The other guy I had got an estimate form last time was higher and this guy is the one most recommended.

Love those good hair cuts! My stylist did my hair a little differently and I got so many compliments from all ages that I decided it is time to turn the hair away form the face.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and that my post goes through!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw your new do on face book. Beautiful...love soft curls. Sounds like you are having the weather we should be having this time of year. Afternoon 70s should be our norm and not 95!

It's hot! Got my oil changed and bought groceries. Did not go to DMV because I didn't know how to get there from the oil changing place. I now...it isn't easy being me! Now I have to remember I have my passport in my purse. Haven't heard from Jo in a few days so hope she is feeling ok.

Ballgame isn't until tomorrow night so I can concentrate on one game at a time. I cannot tell you how happy I am that hockey season is starting. We played hockey into June and are playing baseball into October. Guess I'll go find something to do. Enjoy your afternoon!

Comment

Hey!!!! I'm alive. It's muggy and toasty here too. Almost 90 and Friday's to be 60's.

Yesterday I felt like I got diddly done. After delivering the pies I headed into town to grocery shop. I got an email yesterday reminding me that I could apply and get my REAL ID card online. Fine. DIDN"T WORK! I called....yes, they see I got that letter, but it just won't work for me. I have to go to the DMV in person. GRRRRR!!!!! Took a ticket & there was 28 ppl ahead of me. Threw the ticket away and left. It just seemed to take me forever to get the groceries all put away. I did it btw text from Blaise's teacher. He got 6/37 on his Math test. That's not even trying. She said he just doesn't care. She's getting him an appt with the guidance counselor with my blessings.

On a happier note, I called the music store, and they could fit him for his Bass right after school. I called the school & picked him up. He's so excited. I hope he truly takes an interest in this. Of course you don't just get the instrument, there was the music stand and the Bass stand. We are just renting it. A child learning an instrument doesn't bother me, or at least my children don't. I'm thrilled. We came home, had dinner, then a heart to heart talk. Don't think it did any good, but he wasn't in a bad humor then.

I then spent the rest of the evening making & baking pies for the stand. Also baked 6 carrot cakes.

This morning Sue came and made & rolled pie dough. I did a little of this & a little of that. I had a 1230 doctors appt with the Endo. A1C wasn't very good....9.8 We discussed pumps. I really want the one with all the bells & whistles. It thinks more for you. Now back to work. Don't know what I'll make for dinner.

Have a good one all! Paula....LOVE your new cut.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought you were finished baking pies...I just cannot imagine walking into you house and being greeted with the aromas. Bet that is what heaven smells like!

Yes! Heaven on earth in Donna’s kitchen!

Comment

Working...
      X