Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...Sept. 29th

Good morning everyone.

Sure is getting to the end of the month. How time flies when you have things to get done.

Had to have my car towed to the Ford garage yesterday morning. There is evidently a short in something that is draining the battery. However, the check engine light nor any of the other indicator lights came on. The mechanic said that all problem do not cause the light to come on. My garage sure looks big now that there isn't any car in it.

This is Church day. Then my SIL and I always eat out afterwards. Sometimes we don't get home before 3-4 just because we "mess around". Like yesterday, after following my car to the garage, we went to an estate sale. I bought a table for my patio. Will need to buy an umbrella, and chairs for it next spring. But it is what I had been looking for in the stores this summer, and couldn't find one.

Well I have the door open so you all can start posting away. Have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 09-29-2019, 06:49 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning...I am being lazy. I have Bible Study after bit.

Yesterday was really good. Spent the day at my sisters with my parents and my brother in-laws family. We got together for a family meal for my nieces 15 birthday. My sis grilled chicken and sausage and roasted a bunch of different veggies. Cheese cake was the dessert of choice.

Work tonight 4 to 9. Shouldn’t be horrible. Extremely busy but not bad.

Comment

Morning...hello Jostoy! I over slept. Woke up in a pretty good mood but it is still early and no one else is up to test that. It is raining so that is good. Things are really dry around here. Suppose to have above average heat for the next couple of days then settle into Fall. Maybe...

Yesterday I was sitting here minding my own business when my son gets up early and ask when did I want leave? So we went to the orchard. To sink into a fresh picked apple !! Sure beats a mushy store bought one. Picked up a gallon of cider and mulling spices. I love my cider hot! We stopped at a different store known for their meat and shopped on the way home. Was not impressed but did pick up meat for next weeks meals. We are half way home and Jon says Andrew called him last night and wanted to go to the hobby shop so why don;t we put the groceries away and head to the city? I am thinking this is a good father/son project but then he drops the food word and restaurant with a waitress. So we grabbed the kid and went to St. Louis. Came home in time for my jammies and the ballgame. Today is the last day of the regular season and we are still playing to see who wins the division. Cards cooled off and let the Cubs beat them and the Brewers are hot. Hot team takes it. So today determines if we need a tie breaker for the Central Division. After that then starts the post season play. Beth those Cubbies were certainly spoilers!! Still a month of baseball to go and the Blues season starts this week. I know I should get a life but this one is ok with me! Who needs clothes when I have Cardinal and Blues Tees?

The sink is full of dishes and the table has bags of apples and left over groceries sitting out. No idea what plans other people in this house have. Mine will include picking up the kitchen. My shoulder is a little sore so that may be the problem I have crocheting...hope it works itself out. Need to turn the calendar and see what the month holds with appointments. Time is moving way to fast! All the phones around here stopped working last night. Anyway Sierra could not get hold of any of us and called Andrew's mom. She is the only one with the house phone number and called and called then called each cell phone until she finally got through to us. She was getting ready to jump into the car but we were fine just something wrong with the cell phone service. That does not happen often and we were oblivious of it but people trying to get through to us were rattled. Nice to know somebody cares!

Well, gotta get moving since I have a late start and an afternoon ball game. Have a beautiful day everyone..

Comment

Good morning, Friends! 50* out when I went to feed the cat around 5:345...she is not so happy with me because we had to use Plan B cat food and she is not a fan.
        I did a lot yesterday but the grocery shopping was not one of those thngs. Like how did that happen or not happen?
        OUr flu shots got switched in time and other appointments were running a bit over and you know how that goes: something gets moved a little too much. And when we got home from our dinner with friends it was after 8:30 and chilly and windy and I did not want to go out to the store then.

So church and then food shopping. We have rain forecast for this afternoon and that will be a lesson to me if I am bringing groceries out in the rain. I just may order online and pick up to be sure that does not happen...

Maxie, what kind of apples did you get? Empires are my favorites, but impossible to buy unless I go to an orchard and I don't want to go the 2 1/2 hours to Placerville to the Saturday crowds up there. Last time we went it took us over an hour to go 1 mile just to make it to the first orchard and then I realized it was my secondchoice orchard, and we didn't get many apples. The area is called Apple HIll and there are all varieties of apples and so many orchards along with crafts and really yummy food items...but, I digress, because I am just not driving there this year. My big hope is someone I know from here will go and ask me if they can bring me apples.
        Fugis are my next favorite.

Jostoy, time sure flies for me, especially when I have some kind of deadline looming ahead. Right now I don't and I am just trying to store up whatever it takes before I hit another one. Usually they take the form of company coming, some activity/event I am in charge of, or a speaking assignment. Right now the main focus of any event for me is getting the house ready for Fall.

tomorrow the tree trimmer is supposed to come. He got behind on Friday and wasn't able to but that was no problem for me. I love the shade and the way it looks out front when I am inside looking out, but I am getting nervous about a limb breaking off and doing damage to one of our cars or the roof. Everyone else on my street has had their fruitless mulberry trimmed and I know it is time for mine.

JoGee, if you see someone with a cute /good haircut, ask them who they go to. It is so hard to work with a bad cut and style.
        Product might be the way you can tame it for now...

Ok, time to find the right shoes and get myself in gear.
        I put a lightweight blanket on the bed last night and it felt so good. I guess we are really into the new season.
        I also bought 5 pumpkins yesterday: three light colored and two nice round orange ones. And got the piano changed out with some Fall arrangements and filled a lamp base with little acorns and afew autumn leaves...speaking of acorns: it is starting to be a minefield with those things in the church paring lot.
        Remember last year I said I could hear them dropping all over the cars that were under the oaks? I need to remember to Watch my step and where I park!

Later, all and I hope you enjoy this day!!!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Picked up Jonathan and Red Delicious. They had a new brand called Pixie something but didn't have sample slices out so we stuck with our favorites. I like Golden Delicious but these guys want a red apple. The mulling spice is a tea bag so don't know how good it is...never used that before but someone told me if I put red hot candies in the bottom of the cup it gives a different flavor...only with me it would be a handfull for me and then a handfull in the cup. We went to the orchard through the back way and traveled only country and back roads so no traffic...plenty of parking even with the apple carts taking people out to pick their own and the pony rides. I won't buy real pumpkins because they rot to fast after being carved. I have a couple of terra cotta pumpkins that we just put a tea candle into every night. Andrew will light those starting this week and when they burn out they are done for the night. No burning lids or rotting bottoms!

I don’t carve them. I have a few good plastic cake ones with great carved faces and battery lights I side

Comment

Working...
        X