Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

It’s my day off..normally I would be still asleep. I am headed out the door in 20 minutes. Headed to my parents with my sister. We are going to pick up a piece of furniture and have lunch with mom and daddy.

Work has been fine so far this week. I think most of are finally settling in for the year.

Good morning everyone.

Have been changing out door hinges. Will do the house/garage door today then will need more hinges. I know 4 for sure, but will go around and count how many more I need.

Nothing else much going on around the hacienda. Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! No sun this morning but it's rather pleasant out there.

Yesterday I felt MUCH better, and got plenty done. Had both of my ladies here. One in the morning & one in the afternoon. Lots of confusion there, but it all worked out perfect.

Actually made a real dinner last night that even Blaise ate....orange chicken. His version of OC is w/o the sauce, so basically a chicken nugget, but I'm not going to argue the point....pick your battles....he ate. Cork & I then watched the new NCIS...hmmmmmm. Then it was back to work. Finished icing 11 doz sugar cookies for 2 orders. Fall colors...beautiful! Sat down at my desk to play my game, and got inspired to sort, pitch, and clean my desk. I then paid all the bills not paid automatically....very expensive night. It was like a big weight lifted from my shoulders though because I've been procrastinating doing that job....something other than baking.

I noticed I posted a check in response twice yesterday...sorry. Who knew I had that much time!

Today is more of the same. Next weekend is it. I don't care if there isn't a frost until the end of October and they are open all month, I'm DONE. I need a couple weeks to get my house cleaned & Christmas letters out to customers. Breath.

Jostoy....how do you change a hinge on a door by yourself? Do you only do one at a time so the door doesn't come completely off?

Maxie...I'm coming soon with cookies & pies in hand, and we are going to sit & do NOTHING but eat & talk.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, cookie. I leave the door in place with one hinge while I remove either the top or bottom. It is much easer to do when there are 3 hinges on the door. Unfortunately, I've only had 2 doors that way. The door I'm doing today has 3. So that should go very quickly. If the screw heads haven't been stripped out. I've had a few of those as well.

Running through..showered and gathering my belongings. Have a wonderful day every one!!

Comment

I want to meet up for cookies and talk!

Much better today temperature wise and I have my burgers and buns ready for the kids lunch already. Some foods are just too hard to cook during daycare.

Jostoy, I want to replace all my outlet plates. My bathroom has old metal ones that were nice once, but need new ones now.

Donna, I hope you do set a time to be done and relax!

i have to go unlock the door and be ready for kids.
        Have a good day, Everyone

Comment

Good morning.
          I remember going to sleep last night while lightning (no thunder) was happening. It’s not a sunny morning, but the west valley area is getting some significant rain (not quite here). But we may get some later today, or more likely tonight.

I just rolled out of bed a bit ago. Made my mocha and instant oatmeal. Why do the kids buy me “their” favorites? I do not like maple flavor, but I’ll smudge my way through it. That doesn’t mean I’ll finish it.

i decided to not attend the baby shower this weekend. First, I’m the only one in our family invited. This is oldest DD’s doing. There are a few in-law families who will be there, there will be a good number of male and female nurses. Nobody I really know. But I caught something within minutes when a tour group went through our facility last weekend ........ severe chills, “D” again, and overall feeling rotten for most of the week. I do have an impaired immune system, and have been told repeatedly by my doctors to stay out of crowds. Since 99% of the guests are strangers to me, I can consider them a “crowd.” And back out of the party. I don’t think I’m being “bad”, but I’m part of our family and hate to see this senselessness of ignoring them. The immune system is real, and a good back up for me as well. But the situation does sadden me. Her idea of “getting along” is avoiding the rooms her sisters are in, never speaking a word to them. (That’s how it was at E’s memorial.)

ahhh, the sun is coming out. Beautiful. Odd with dark clouds still in the majority of the sky.

Well, not much going on. I might call DD to pick up her DD’s baby gift. I have it tightly wrapped in a box. If it was in a gift bag, she would have to “examine” the crocheted items, and last time she did that she started picking at the yarn (forgetting I was sitting right there), and try to pick holes in it......that’s so HER crocheting would look superior. She’s really some thing else. I do not intend to invite her to my apartment, but just sit in the lobby chairs. I don’t want to be alone in a room with her ever again, since the “gestapo moment” she put me through a few months ago. What we don’t do for family.

i also have to go through birthday cards today for October mailing. I see some containers I should be going through, not sure what’s in them, but I’m tired of them lining the LR.

That OC sounds delicious, Cookie.
          Jostoy, you’re always so busy, fixing things, etc.,....I wonder if you know how to relax. But then, I envy your energy and stamina.

Hi Beth, Maxie, Paula, and everyone else. Have a wonderful day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X