Wednesday..September 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday..September 25

Morning! Oh where is this month going? Andrew came in last night with mid term grades. I said already? and he says we been back to school for months grandma. Strange thing that time and how the old and young see it....anyway he is fine with only one C and that is in language arts. Why do they change the names on stuff? Although when you think about it language is a dying art. He showed me his math homework...which he had done by himself...and then he explained it to me and I kinda got it. Not sure I see the reason for doing it though. I love when he comes over and sits on arm of my recliner and shows me something...although most times it costs me money...ya know? Math only costs me a few brain cells.

Cards lost last night but I was in bed long before that. Could not stay up past 11:00 last night. I did watch NCIS but think I missed something in the Ziva story..must have been while I was getting my math tutorial. Wasn't impressed with the story. Maybe I was just wanting the ballgame? Sierra is coming this morning. She is wanting her winter clothes and an oil change. Will get her glasses straightened then lunch of course. I am not cooking today. Going off with her is exhausting. I am trying to just say nothing...nothing! But you know how hard that is? My mouth has a life of its own. Sometimes I am amazed at myself for what comes out of my own mouth. It is a family curse..you should be at a family gathering. The battle is stuffing food in while the words are coming out.

Yesterday I changed out the shower curtain for a change and cleaned the tub. Cleaned the kitchen but did not get the floor mopped. Changed the smellies and we smell like sweet fall. I will pick up some Christmas smellies tomorrow and be ready to switch out. Read that our fall colors will be delayed into November this year because of all the rain and now warm...the trees are slow this year. It was a St.Louis station telling me this so maybe it is just a local thing but the trees are not changing at all. Jon and Drew did some trimming and cutting last night..when the weather changes it will be one of those warm in the morning and winter by afternoon. That is how it is here. When the sun goes down it cools off quickly now. But I have been after them to do some yard work and winterizing. They were going to take to pool down this weekend but 90s are predicted for next week again. Crazy weather! But he does need to get it down before they are playing in water in freezing temps.

Cookie did you see the flock of dragon flies? I think they were in your area and so many of them migrating that it was showing up on the radar. Wow. I thought we had more than normal this year but they say the flock..herd..whatever.. was so large and it had birds mixed in...a buffet for them I guess!

Well I gotta get another cup of coffee and listen to the news. It is getting interesting! Another day closer to hockey season and the Cards starting post season play. Have a great day people!!

A quick Good Morning!

I've been down & out the last couple days with this cold. Turned the corner last night & I'm feeling human again today. Now, it didn't stop me, cause I don't have time to be sick. I just was moving slower and taking naps in btw.

Josh called last night & changed his mind about doing the farm stand. Well I'll do some for this weekend, but he can just forget it for the next. I'm DONE. I'm tired, my house is a pig sty, and I need to catch up on life.

Blaise told me the other night he wants to move to his Mom's. FINE! I called & told her. Yes, he was mad at the time, but you watch what you wish for. I'm tired & have no problem with it. Then in the next breath, last night he thanked me for signing him up for orchestra. KIDS!

Back to work....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning not much to say. Work seem ok.

Comment

I think I need new glasses: I could hardly read the posts this morning. ugh.
        I haven't turned on my phone yet to see the temperature and wont be turning on the tv, but it is Hot out! I waked out at 4:20 to feed the cat and grabbed my swim suit and went swimming. I mean, it is weird weather!
        I went swimming last night because I had seen a phot of a Red Bluff friend who had her baby grandson in the pool and I figured if it was warm enough for that I could go in. And yesterday was 98*. It was a brisk kind of temp when I got in, but felt wonderful after I stirred up the warmer water below the surface. And this morning it was just what I needed.
        With Becky's new work schedule I can't get into the bathroom to shower until a little after 5:00 anyway...

One of Becky's professors asked her if she could do a research assistant job for her. And I think it will work into Becky's schedule. She really wants to do it. She is leaning into an academic life. Looking at teaching at the college level!

What good smellies did you put in, maxie? I have Harvest Gathering in the kitchen and it is getting low. My favorite candle is Frosted Cranberry and I am going to get that in wallflowers. tt reminds me of a candle we used to have at a store in Sacramento: Napa Valley Harvest. The store went out of business and I have been searching for a similar scent ever since.

the spaghetti lunch was not a good success. I think the kids I have now are mostly too young for it and until they aer a little older and able to eat with forks better, I am sticking to regular daycare/finger foods. Only one of them really ate well. I had such a mess on the floor!
        Chicken nuggets, carrots and the cutest little red apples are the menu today. The apples come I a plastic bucket and are called Rockets, I think. Crisp and sweet.

Ok, time to move and start the work day. Getting bottles and milk ready is a pain! Oh, wait: it is what I am paid to do, right?
        Attitude adjustment coming up!

Our trees normally are November changing and leaves dropping. I am calling the tree trimmers today and see when I can get mine trimmed.

Have a good day!

Comment

it is now 7:00 and 80*!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            The house smells like Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow from Bath and Beauty...yum! I use the same scent in every room so the entire house smells the same.

Congrats to Becky!
            Last edited by maxie; 09-25-2019, 09:43 AM.

Good morning......
          This is a surprisingly wet week. The news reminds us of the increased mosquito population because of all the standing water. The rain has our temps mostly in the 80’s. Rainstorms due today and tomorrow. More possible flooding.

Not much going on here. Well, in truth, lots goes on here. But little of it is in my interest.
          But i am happy within my interests. And I really have things to be sorted and done. So I have no complaints.

Maxie, it dies seem time goes by very quickly for us seniors. I can recall how long a day was when I was a kid.

Cookie, I hope your cold goes away quickly.

Paula, we seniors here aren’t allowed to have candles.....just flashlights. I’d like to add some scent in my apartment. I have a glass ball that has an inner pocket for scented oils. It doesn’t work. My window faces north, so the sun doesn’t come near to shining directly in on it....the ball requires the sun to heat the oils. Phooey.. I don’t have enough places to plug things in, so forget that type of scents. Doggone it.

So I’ will just wish you all an awesome day. ☕️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            What types of scents do you like? There are also the kind that sit in a bottle with those sticks wicks that draw the scent up and sprays which I seldom use because even the best get blown away.
            No outlet in the bathroom or kitchen available?

Afternoon! Well I'm feel about 75% better. I jumped out of bed and hustled as usual, but about 2 hrs of that and I'm dragging. I see a nap in my near future.

Yesterday I felt terrible all day, but I had orders to fill. I took several naps. I'd pop some aspirin (whatever kind) and be good for a few hours. Everything got done that had to get done.

This morning Sue was picking up my order from the bakery warehouse and then going to the cardiologist before coming here around 10am. Well they wanted to have her do a stress test at 11am, so she met Theresa half way and transferred the order. I needed what was in that order.

Josh call last night & he's changed his mind again. He's now going to do the farmers market on Saturday and the Apple Festival the following week. Well I'll do the pies for this weekend, but I'm NOT doing them the next. I'm not going to get caught holding the bag if they don't sell the pies. There will be plenty of competition, I'm sure. He doesn't buy them upfront, and it's been an expensive lesson for me.

Lunch and then nap. I haven't cooked dinner in a few days, so I really should figure out something.

Have a good one all!

Comment

What a morning...it was so nice. Sierra was her old self and we had a great time. She cleaned out all her clothes and then tried them on...some from high school. She wanted some of her nick knacks and we had to dig around for them which sent us going through totes of stuff not seen in a long time. Then she got her oil changed and we went to Kohl's and lunch. She needs clothes so badly! She took a crock pot...you KNOW I have a million of them!...and ask if we had an extra deep fryer...no but I had been thinking of getting her an air fryer. So it was a good day and it is carry out night for supper. Tomorrow I will be leaving early for our girls shopping day so probably won't be around. Baseball game went 19 innings last night and lasted until almost 3:30 this morning...I would never have made that for sure! Today's afternoon game is streaming only and that makes me mad but then it is home for the last series of the regular season with Chicago. We cannot stream because we do not have unlimited internet thanks to good ole country living...

It has been a good day and nice that for a few hours nobody thought I was despicable!

Comment

Paula, one outlet in the bathroom....hair dryer or curling iron or electric shaver used there regularly. Two outlets in the kitchen....one for microwave, the other has the Keureg (?) and toaster (frequently in use) on extended outlet plate, but one more thing (like elec. can opener) doesn’t work. It’s outlet roulette.
              The one in the bedroom has my phone charging station on it.the LR has one for the elec piano, and one for the iPad, kindle, and laptop charging station, and one more for the TV, printer, and Disc thingy to share. I’m not too comfortable with the multiple wires and such. Apparently electronics have improved over the years, but I’m still wary but trust my offspring’s knowledge......E said early this year that she has surpassed his extensive knowledge of it all.

This time of of year I like the Apple/cinnamon/clove/cranberry/orange mix scent but soon I’ll want to be smelling Pine scents. I like some other clean scents or floral ones as well. I think I need to go to Target or somewhere, and check out the variety they have, preferably a non-spillable (is that a real word?) type. My older DD tells me my “favorite” oil scents and dumps them on me. The nice thing about here I can leave those on a table for other ladies to take....they’ll be gone overnight.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Val, did you get my email?
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X