Saturday...Sept. 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...Sept. 21

Last weekend of summer....fall starts Monday. Sure has been summer weather! Not as hot today and rain tonight and tomorrow. We really need rain! Boys are swimming every afternoon but Jon said he was taking it down next weekend since he is off. Put the last drop of hummer food in the feeder then will clean it up and put it away for next year. Time to stock up on kleenex and nose spray for allergy season!

Yesterday I got a lot done...cleaned Drew's room and then went into mine. Andrew had a noon dismissal but wasn't coming here so didn't have to worry about feeding people. Got all the ironing caught up. Talked with my sister and have a lunch date with her and our other sister Monday then a shopping trip on Thursday. Then around 1:30 I got a call I never expected to get around here. I am Andrew's emergency contact so we are on the call list and get all the info first hand. They found a loaded gun in a backpack yesterday at school. Police are investigating. Can you imagine that happening here? No place is safe for sure if that could happen in this area. Your heart stops when you hear that. I called Drew's mom and he was home safe. She thinks they waited until all the kids would be safely home before notifying parents and she was as shocked as I was. For that to happen here is unthinkable and such a shock...I mean these things do not happen here!!

Well, after that call things came to a halt around here. Watched the ballgame. Cards won and the Cubs are falling farther behind into 3rd place. I will watch again this afternoon. Should feed my son today since he is working this weekend. It may still be dark out but I gotta tell you I am already not feeling cooking today. The only delivery of food we have around here is pizza...maybe he will go out for burgers later...funny how I worry about food before the sun is up.

Time for more coffee. Have a wonderful day out there. Karlinann we miss you and your cheery morning starts.

Good morning...I am thinking about walking to the donut shop or going back to sleep.

Yesterday was the slowest day of the year at work. I don’t know where all the kids were.

Comment

Good Morning.
      Our morning is cool. It will stay cool for a few days, rain being forecasted for Monday & Tuesday, a possibility of Sunday night as well. We will see.

Yesterday was the first day in two weeks I had a bowl of cereal. I think I have a lactose problem. My stomach started rumbling and “D” began. The rumbling kept up all morning. By noon I felt bad, and my right-hand rib started hurting. So I left the crocheting group and went to my room. Just in time. I actually felt like I had a fever, so got a bottle of water to stay hydrated. Put my pj’s on, had an eggo for supper, and went to bed early.
      Got 7-1/2 hrs sleep, but went back to bed and got an hours sleep before I got up for the day. No rumbling tummy, no fever, but my rib...doesn’t hurt, but I can “feel” where it was hurting. This is weird. I’d better order some lactaid and switch milk to Almond or Silk, or whatever is out there. This morning I had a bowl of peaches for breakfast. Am considering staying in my pj’s today.

So, it will be a lazy day. I can crochet, or do whatever I want. Bake something, maybe?

Oh, Maxie, how scary! Guns! Especially in a school! I hope the student is well reckoned with, a negative experience he won’t soon forget but will turn him around.

Well, no doubt one or two others have posted ahead of me.

Have a a good day, everyone!☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope your tummy is calming down and stays there!

That is strange, Beth. Was there a game they all went to?
      Maxie! That is awful! I hope the parents of that child got a talking to about how and where they store guns and ammo! I can imagine how shook up you were and how upsetting to your security about sending kids to school...

I have a women's church activity this morning with some crafts, motivational messages and ending with that soup pot luck I was talking about. My soup is corn chowder and it tastes great! We are taking rustic and French breads and did not (on purpose) schedule any dessert. The homemade soups are going to be the treats today.

I am one of the organizers of this and have the stress to prove it. Our main speaker is from out of town and I just want people to come and make her time worthwhile...nothing more I can do, though and will try and enjoy the day. Morning because it is only a 10:30-12:30 event.

I finally hit a mark in dieting that I have been aiming for; a semi goal. This is the lowest weight I have been at in quite a few years and the last time was only because I got sick and didn't feel like eating. As soon as I got better I found those 6 pounds again. I am learning to not eat my emotions! Or look at Friday and the weekend as my food celebration time. Some have mastered themselves much better and I am trying to do the same.

I will be grocery shopping for my mom and her cats (one truly is her cat and the others are the outside cats that know where to get food!).
      My brothers can say all they want about getting her to not feed those cats, but I live here and that is too much to take on. Kind of like her house with so many things: she says when she is gone we can do what we want with them. For now she likes her frog collection and all the other things she has around...it is hard enough for me to declutter; I am not taking on her things.

Beautiful weather here. Clear skies (and I need a break from the puddles in the back yard) and upper 70's to 80 today. This next week will get warmer at the end but we are definitely in our Fall weather pattern.

I am going to contact the tree guy who trims and who gave me a quote last year. I didn't do it then and it needs it. I saw some dead branches at the top of the huge fruitless mulberry out front and it is reaching to my roof again. My yard guy cuts that back as he can but this tree just needs to be cut back. I hate the look of growing out but one of htose necessary things and while I have the extra income from daycare it is the right time.

I have to get moving...things to load up in the car. We heard we will have a number of children who will be coming with moms whose husbands are gone right now and I decided to take some of my toys. My Little Pony is always a favorite of little girls and boys and I have a whole drawer full. I have a tub of Breyer horses, too, but not sure how many trips back and forth I want to make from my car to the church.
      (Just being real, folks)

Think good thoughts for me and I will be thinking good ones for you!
      And our loved ones and your teams and your animals!

Comment

Good thoughts are coming your way today, Paula. The Moms will appreciate it, as will the kids. I can see their happiness from your gifts. You are sooooo generous!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X