Friday...September 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday...September 20

Good morning! Going to be hot today again but right now it is cold in this house! Still no rain but when it comes we could wishing it would stop. The Texas storm is coming our way tomorrow.

Andrew has a half day today but is going home to help his mom pack for the move into town. So no cooking and I am trying to think if we had a carryout night this week. I may be due one! Cards won last night and we play the Cubs all weekend. This is a do or die situation for Beth's team. We now need to worry about Milwaukee. But anything can happen in the world of sports.

I am going to iron today since I will have no interruptions. I slept great last night! I watched a special on PBS about County Music. I saw the guy who made it on an tv interview and it sounded interesting so naturally I forgot to watch it but my sister mentioned it so I dvr'd the series...did miss the first but will catch it up someday. It is so interesting how the sounds came together with different genres of music. For some reason my dad was into country music and we always called it hillbilly music and hated it. To see how different styles made a new sound..when they played some of the old songs I remembered them from being a kid. I like history of most kinds and enjoyed this. Who would have thought I could sing most of Patsy Kline's songs? Me, a product of the 60's and rock and roll! Anyway, I highly recommend this series for the music and history and how Elvis, et al, came to be. Another episode is Saturday night.

I think I hear cake calling me. It isn't a very good cake and I could have baked a better one but it is what it is. A store bought cake. With a good cup of coffee you can get anything down. To much icing. Have a wonderful day and if any interesting happens I will be back. Probably won't see you until tomorrow then...............

Passing through I was here earlier. Left the door open and coffee on not sure what happened

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I finished filling cracks in the concrete. Had just enough of the caulking to do the back patio. Then came in and cleaned the house . Also had to wet mop the 2 baths, laundry room, foyer, and kitchen. They all have ceramic tile on them. So I don't have to tell you my back didn't like that 1 bit.

Had a bite to eat, then got cleaned up and went to the BMV. Had to get new plates and have the title changed to Indiana. Got a lot upset when the gal told me I would have to pay a late fee for not doing this within 45 days after moving here. Now when I went for my drivers license, I asked that gal when I had to get these 2 things done. She told me I could drive any car with any plates until they expired. Would you believe that it cost me an extra $30. for the late fee. Ordinarily the fee is $15. and I had to pay $45. I even pointed out the gal who had told me I could wait until the Il. plates came do. I tell ya they get you coming and going.

If it hadn't been for the "legal" gal who double checks the paperwork, My total bill would have been a lot higher than the $160.51 that I paid. This gal who was doing it put my SUV under truck plates. I have no idea as to how much higher, but the "legal" said it was higher. Remind me not to own a truck here in Indiana.

I will say that Indiana is much quicker in getting your title and plates to you than what Il. is. They told me that I would have the plates in 14 days. I know my trailer plates and title didn't even take that long. On and btw, that cost of the plates is only good until March. Here they go by your last name initial. Lord only knows what it will cost me for a whole year.

Now that I have spilled my guts out to you all, I'll go get me some breakfast then get on the mower. Hope all have a good day, and hope I have a less expensive day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I can't even talk about our DMV, Jostoy! You are right: they get us every which way they can. And it all runs through the checkbook.
        Maxie, I am like you; I grew up hearing my parents' music and a lot of that was country with a big mix of Frank Sinatra and his buddies.
        the 60's were a mix of folk music and the not so hard rock...I know almost all of Patsy Clines' songs, too.
        I was always a "light rock"station parent, but then our older daughter started liking Country and I became a fan. Stood in line once for 6 hours (!) for tickets to a Garth Brooks concert for Becky...

finally Friday and I have a bunch of things to do as always.
        Soup for the pot luck tomorrow will be started this morning. I was waiting to dice and brown the onions until after Becky left for work and finally realized at 6:30 she is taking today off. She originally took it so she could do some courthouse things and get her Real ID but with my mom still getting over the flu it has turned out well so she can do some things for my mother.

We have 70's and 80's and then the end of next week it is supposed to go back into the 90's. Probably not enough warm days to heat up the pool, but it will be fun for the kids. Fun for them yesterday was getting into puddles I could not entirely sweep the water away. I have mats at the end of the slides to cushion where they come off. They are horse stall mats and too heavy for me to get rid of. I am tring to find a way...

I hope today is going well for all of you.
        Stay happy and healthy!

Comment

Good morning.
          Today I was up with the sun....or predawn, actually. I didn’t need to turn on a light to see across the rooms, anyway. Morning is a bit later in the day, a welcome sign of the approach of autumn.

Our temps are hanging in the 90’s. Rain forecasted for Monday and Tuesday, and the temps will be way down to 92° those days. I’m digging out my sweaters this weekend. At least the lightweight ones. I don’t know when everyone is going to let go of air conditioning. Some of the ladies here are already layering their clothing.

Watching the news, there seems to be a car or truck crash every other day. Despite speed laws, many people don’t pay any attention to them, and the police seldom get involved til a crash happens. Almost makes me wish I was back in Tucson.

So, the only other thing going on today is the crocheting/knitting group. If you want to get anything done in needlework, don’t join a group. I still go for the companionship. Sometimes I don’t bring my yarn, I just go sit. There’s one lady who tries to keep conversation going, but then we can’t concentrate. Then, knowing who is heard of hearing, her “sense of humor” is making snide little remarks. She has made some about me, but my hearing isn’t all that bad. I ignore her, but no longer have any respect for her. That’s sad, but it comes with the territory she has chosen. Right?
          I think I’ll begin a scarf today, and save my projects for when I’m alone.

Had my breakfast. Will take my morning meds and then go shower. It’s time to start the day.

Have a good zippity-do-dah day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X