Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Sept 19th

Opening this morning!

I am hurrying through because I have some things that I did not do in the daycare last night due to going over to my mom's. And then working in the kitchen at my house.
    In the late afternoon a friend brought over the new play kitchen one of the daycare dads had assembled for me. (I hate those words:Assembly required) I had looked at yard sales and such but the ones I could find were in as bad a shape as the one I am replacing. So since it was raining and thunder outside I didn't take the old one out, and need to do that before anyone arrives.

My mother is getting a little better each day but she was still in bed and didn't know when I got there. I fed her outside cats and sat there for awhile and finally she woke up and we talked a little. I know she is getting better because she went outside to get her newspaper! The day before I got it for her.

I will check back later on my phone. I hope th day is good to us all!

Comment

Good morning! I overslept...actually I guess you could say I didn't get any sleep until this morning. Tossed and turned all night and my shoulder ached. I think I must have bruised it more than I thought. Going to blame the person who moved that wall corner right into my way. This is the shoulder I had all the x-rays and c scans and mri's on last year and they found nothing major. Appears I disturbed 'nothing major' and it hurts.

Had to pass up a lunch date with my sister and our other sister today since this is Jon's bday dinner day. I need to run out and pick up a gift for Andrew to give him. Was going to do that yesterday but spent so much time in walmart I was out of the mood. Those checkout lines are getting ridiculous and yesterday it was the checker who was complaining. Those of us in line are used to waiting anymore and it is getting very social. Have you noticed it is those that have the most (like the Waltons) who are the greediest? Just hire enough people to do the job to convenience those of us supporting your lifestyle.

Now for the good news....Candy Apples are back! Andrew's eyes lite up when he saw them...good thing he went home earlier than normal because there was still one left for me. I know, I would rather eat junk but is a candy apple really junk food? Think about it....

Still hot and we need rain. Weather guy says that storm in Texas will come up this weekend. I am not sure Jon watered last night and I would hate to have nursed those new shrubs all summer to have a fall heat wave kill them for lack of interest on the home owner..ya know.

Cards play the Cubs this weekend in Chicago then next week they play again back in St.Louis. This is it Beth...going to determine who takes the Central division...Cards or Cubs. So close! See you at the ballgame...going to be exciting!

Time to start the day. Have a good one all!

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't that the truth. That's why they keep getting richer. Now this Sharp Shopper store I've been going to for almost 2 yrs, there are at least 6 cashiers open and you rarely have to wait. Now that's service.

Good morning.Today I get my apartment vac’d and touched up by the Housekeeping lady.
      They do that every other week.
      There are things I need to move out of the way, but now, with breakfast, I’m watching a Colombo rerun. They are old enough to still have a “surprise” ending. Leonard Nemoy is the guest star bad-guy.

Last night as as I was turning down the thermostat temp, and the numbers all disappeared.
      This morning I checked it....the numbers were back, but set at 89! Don’t know what caused that! I have it back at 77 for the day. At night I set it for 73. Aren’t these things supposed to have “artificial brain cells” to prevent that?

Today I should be receiving my major Med in the mail. UPS. Anytime this morning, they assured me. So I’ll be late in taking one. The last 2 days I’ve had half a dose. This stuff is chemo therapy, I found out. When I called them (in CA) earlier this week, I DID make sure of answering the survey at the end. The last question asked, “What can we do to improve our services?”..........oh yes! I said “How about sending out the prescriptions on time!” I was supposed to get them on the 14th. Do I have that little black cloud over my head (reference that little Indian guy in Li’l Abner)? Lol

Anyway, that’s my day today, so far.
      Hope you all have a good one.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Jo, this thermostat tells me I am not home all the time and changes the settings. It starts getting warm in here and I go look and it is flashing I am not home and the temp is 85. And in the winter it will automatically set itself to 60 then tell me I am not home. I have always felt a little like a nonperson with this thermostat!

Good morning! I am enjoying my day off with very little planned. Ankle is bothering me again. So i am staying off it.

Comment

A quick hello!

Last night we went for band & orchestra recruitment night at the school. Spoke to all the different music instructors from our school and the HS. Talk to a guy about renting a bass. The school has basses and cello's at the school for lesson day, so those kids don't have to lug in theirs. Came home and baked off all the sugar cookie dough and ended up with 18 doz. Now to ice them.

This morning my feet hit the floor running. Nothing new there. Had a 945 doctor appt for recheck. I actually lost 5lbs and my BP was back down. I thought both were going to be higher. She said the pain in my elbow is tennis elbow. Now off to assemble approx. 85 pies then ice 2 doz sugar cookies for an order for tomorrow. Blaise is getting his hair cut tonight because tomorrow is picture day at school. We will go from there straight to the school for open house. Will start baking the pies tonight because I have to have 60 of them ready for delivery by noon tomorrow. Not possible if I wait to morning like I normally do. They have to be completely cooled before I can package them. Thank God for Sue.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess you are using the same moves to stir and roll those baked good as Serena Williams uses to whack that ball! Or grab her racket with both hands. You should hear my mom go off on that!
          I try to never watch tennis with her ! “ We played a true game in my day” whatever that means...
      Working...
      X