Wednesday..September 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday..September 18

Morning! Some morning I am going to get up and see that Karlinann has been here to greet us with the morning post. Miss her and hope everything is ok in her world.

Haven't heard any news or weather this morning so do not know what the Cubs did last night but the Cardinals lost. All I can say is we better get it together cuz it is to late in the season to be goofing around. Afternoon game today so win or lose we all know where I will be. Ironing watching the game.

Friday is Jon's birthday but Andrew does not stay for supper Fridays so we will celebrate tomorrow. Took him a while but the boys settled on taco salad for his bday supper. I know, pretty crappy meal but easy for me. Need to come up with a cake. Jon can't eat much sweets but I can and cake is the best part of bdays! Don't have a gift or a card so will have to go out today for groceries and a card. Tomorrow is his day off so if I play this right he can cook his own bday supper! This is almost as good as it being my bday!!

The guys swam again last night so today I need to wash up the swimsuits. Not sure how long this heat wave will last but it is kinda nice having them in the pool evenings. We need rain since it is so dry but then was reading that all the heavy rain up north could cause minor flooding down here again. Doesn't ever seem to be a happy medium with the weather anymore.

My life around here is so incredibly boring...not that I want Cookies wild life but a pie or cookie once in a while would be nice. Wonder if we will even bake cookies this Christmas? I remember baking cookies for every holiday when the boys were little and their dad helping ice and decorate. The last couple of years Sierra would do a lot of the work...all I had to do is mix and she and Drew did the rest and their dad will come in and help ice. Now she is not interested in anything here and Andrew is getting older. We didn't dye eggs this year...hate to see things changing like that. Sun is peeking around the corner of the house so the day is officially started. The evening swimmers are tracking in grass clippings so need to sweep. Not so long ago that would have been swept before it hit the floor...not the housekeeper I used to be. I ran into the corner the other day...don't you hate when you do that?...and sweeping hurts my shoulder. My bad knee, my bad shoulder, my bad ankle my bad hands...everything is going but my memory. I still remember where McDs is and when it is time to eat!!!

Have a great day people. Cookie, do you have a car?

A quick Good Morning! Sunny & cool this morning.

Just more of the same yesterday but added some cookie baking to the mix.

My head exploded last night all over Blaise. He forgot half of his homework. I was texting with his one teacher, and she said his behavior is so much better though, and that calmed me down. I went and gave my buddy a kiss goodnight.

Today is more of the same. The pie season is almost over. Josh ordered 60 pies for Saturday. He's also doing a car show Saturday and wanted to take pies there too.

Yes, I have a car. We have 2 Escapes and 1 Focus. The newest Escape is what got trounce on by the deer...of course...the newest car. We've been saying we are going to sell the other Escape, but we keep using it. We are blessed. If we didn't have the 3rd car, we would have a rental.

Back to work!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Boys and homework...Andrew is 13 and I am not asking anymore. If he has some it is his responsibility to do it by asking us for help or saving it for his mom. He knows it will catch up to him one way or the other. Some kids are just lackadaisical with homework and easily distracted when packing up their papers. It's hard being a kid these days. Maybe try rewarding for completion?

Good rainy morning again! What a great way to start the day. Not sure if it will rain all day; the weather app says yes, and that will be hard on the kids, but we really need it.

Yesterday during the time it took me to change 3 diapers my one 2 year old found a crayon and colored on the walls!!! He was in the little room. I have never had anyone do that! I took the crayon container and put it out of sight away (this must have been one that fell on the floor and we missed in cleaning). Then gave him a wipe to clean it. I knew it wouldn't come off but I wanted him to see it won't come off. My Clean Eraser will and I got it done but it took me longer than I really had to work on it. And the other two year old had her mother go in and look! Ugh. Then someone thinks I am not paying attention to kids...I did tell her it was in the minutes it took me to change her baby and two others' yucky diapers...but it sounded to me like I was making excuses and I hate that in anyone, me, especially!

Maxie, I order cookies form cookielady and you can, too! Other than that, we can all just say what our favorite cookie to make for holidays is and just enjoy the memories.

I am a little impatient this morning and that is not a good way to start the day. Probably leftover from yesterday. Both my brothers were texting me about what they thought I should do for our mom who has the flu. So, I went to the store after daycare before I went to her house to put her garbage out. bought Ensure and Pedialyte as per their suggestions...I guess it is thinking that they think I need direction! The FL brother had even told me on Sunday night to take her to the ER...like that was a solution. Not for the flu. They just tell you to go home. Anyway, I helped her with some bills that had to go out and opened the bottles of liquids and saw that she is getting better and was home and done with my day by 7:00pm and texted my brothers and Becky to let everyone know I was done for the day!
    I know; kind of a bad attitude, right? I am working on it.

So, today will be better. I am going to make spaghetti for the kids and not sure what I will eat but I will be thinking of Donna making 60 pies!!! I can't even picture that!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
    I enjoyed the info on the two Cards teams. Spencer told me why there is such a rivalry between the Steelers and the Ravens and I am sure teams coming into town and then leaving would make all mad, maxie.
    I am pretty much just Team Hallmark with the occasional BYU game thrown in and of course, Go Navy! Beat Army!
    But I am all about those game day snacks!

Hope your day goes well and no bad surprises! (deer, crayons or pies on the floor!)

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      You crack me up with your bad moods. Your family would be shocked to see one of my bad moods! I swear every time I bought a new tube of lipstick Jon used it on the walls. When we moved out of our first house there was Jon's name in lipstick, bleeding through the paint on our bedroom door. Sorry your mom has the flu and nice you are there to help her. I moved here to keep from laying on the floor with no help back home but I am not to sure that they wouldn't walk over me with no questions ask in this joint. Think it would take my sister calling Jon to tell him I am not answering my phone before they went and looked. You are a good daughter!

Good morning everyone. Finally finished the garage floor and the driveway. The vinyl patch was needed in both areas as well as the concrete caulking. My back was sure yelling at me yesterday evening. But after a good nights rest, and a hot shower this morning, it is not yelling as loudly. Still have a small crack in my back patio to do, but that will not be an all day job. Should be able to fill that crack with the caulking. And that should finish off the caulking tubes. I bought 3, and I think that will complete the jobs of filling cracks. Today I need to go to Walmart to get ice cream and a card for a 4 year old's birthday tomorrow evening. It is not my niece, but the child of my niece's boyfriend. But his 3 kids call me Aunt Jo anyway. Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Rain and thunder at the last of Daycare. Kids started howling and running at full speed to me and I sat down fast so did not get knocked over. Then started telling them the rain clouds were bumping into each other and laughing which got us all laughing .
      And the new play kitchen was brought over and that really took their minds off thunder. And so far the power is on.

thanks for listening !

Comment

I can’t believe I didn’t post today!
        Well, after a restless night, then figuring out the phone numbers for labs (who said they can’t make an appointment without a doctor ‘s order form), Then Dealing with the doctors office to take care of that. So I went and sat with the knitters, but didn’t crochet. I wasn’t up to it. Finally I went to lunch in the dining room...fried chicken isn’t my favorite, too oily, and creamed corn. I ate the corn but half the chicken, parts of which were still pink. (Another note to the head chef.). Am I getting too picky?

anyway, I wasted the rest of the afternoon in my room, did nothing much but deal with mail. Got new finance papers to study. How many places did E hide his $$$? This is the first I’ve seen of these particular papers at all. I haven’t made heads or tails of them so far.
        Not to complain. It was a totally unexpected surprise.

so the day temps here are hanging around 100, give or take a bit. Nights are hitting the 70’s. It’ll soon be time for me to switch out summer/winter clothes in my closet.
        looks like the web gremlins are eating a lot of capital letters. Again.

oh, I bough some cookies from the Alzheimer’s bake sale yesterday. Yuck. Phooey. The best of them are far less than Cookie’s baking. The rest get tossed. The money went for a good cause, though. Do they stil have Home Ec in schools? This should be basic stuff.

Good night, everyone.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X