Thursday, August 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, August 29th

Good morning Rounders! I've already lost my post today and had to start again.

Long story short: I sure hope Dorian peters out before he reaches us, but we will bring all loose things inside just in case on Sunday and batten down the hatches. I remember Irma too vividly.

The Glucosamine Chondroitin capsules seem to be helping my joint pain. My knee feels better every day. DH is doing great. The lady is coming today with his diabetic shoes. He gets to order one free pair per year.

I could not believe how crowded Aldi's was yesterday. OMG! It's the invasion of the 'Snowbirds'. I didn't have any trouble at all shopping though and I set in a good weeks worth of groceries.

There is a new gas station right beside Aldi's and the price of gas is $2.38, but I bet that will go up today on account of the hurricane. I hate that when they inflate pricing just because of a disaster.

The world news is overwhelming anymore and the politics are horrendous. I cannot believe what a mess our government is in and I pray for peace.

It's Yard Waste pick-up day and I will set it out. I need to feed the Lime Trees. I just learned yesterday that they are heavy feeders. I started those from seeds back in the spring of 2017 and out of 5 tree seedlings 4 have survived. They range in size to a foot to 2 1/2 ft high. I will eventually have to put them in containers because they wil get too big to leave where I've planted them in front of our house. They will take over the sidewalk and I'm scared about the root system destroying the irrigation lines. Those will get moved in October.

Peace & Plenty. Hi Aunt Maye, and JoGee I'm praying for rain for your neck of the woods.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning!

Zipping thru before Theresa arrives. Just more of the same here....baking, baking, baking. Starting next week it should slow down a bit. For some reason after Labor Day people slow down eating pie. Makes no sense. Anyways, it'll give me more time to breath & MAYBE clean something other than my kitchen & dining room.

I'm missing clothes. I KNOW I washed them, but my husband has a habit of stashing the piles SOMEWHERE. I'll have to ask tonight. My desk desperately needs attention. This is why last year I ended up putting almost all my bills on auto pay. Almost had my phn shut off last year because of this. It's not that I don't have the money, it's that I don't have time. I was still packaging last night at midnight. With Sue not able to roll dough, it just put me way behind, but I'm organized now and good on shells thru Sunday.

KA...I've never heard of someone so attentive to their plants.....and Maxie with so many haircuts. Your hair must grow inches overnight. Me...maybe once every 8 weeks. That's why I'm richer...yup...less $$ to hairdressers. LOL! Bethina...hope things are going smoother and you headache is gone.

The timer is calling me.....have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I get a haircut every three weeks. My hair does grow quickly as do my nails...to much info?. I am also a fast healer! On the other side of that coin, I accumulate fat just as fast!

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! Yes! It takes me a month to lose 7 pounds and a three day weekend can put it all back!

Good morning all.

Well I'm back to playing in the dirt. I've transplanted flowers in the back,asian lillies, and in the front, hostas. Now I have to remove some of the dirt between the porch and side walk. The previous owner had the build-up of dirt in front of the porch probably 1 foot higher than the sidewalk. I think that is what caused the ice on my sidewalk that my SIL told me about last winter. She would check on the house, and get the mail every week. So I hope to eliminate that problem for this winter.

My SIL and I went yesterday in search for a new refrig for her. I really don't know where all the time goes everyday. We didn't get home until 8:45p, and she picked me up at 1:15p. Of course we did go to Cracker Barrell to eat supper. Tomorrow we will go to her antique shop, and then will probably have lunch out.

So anyway, I get up and start right in working, so that is why I don't get on here every day. Winter will soon be here, and I'll have more free time, I hope.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning Karlinann and those coming in behind us. It is in the 50s this morning but warming to close to 90....rain tonight and possibility tomorrow again. The incoming hurricane could affect our weather next week...you just don't know. Almanac is predicting a cold and snowy winter. Not sure I live by the Farmer's Almanac but you gotta be worrying about winter with the crazy summer weather. The tomato plants are falling over with green tomatoes but not turning. Peppers are producing one or two every day. Andrew has taken it upon himself to pick our 'garden'. Thanks to Karlinann and her snake info I have not picked anything! I am keeping my hands up in the air!!

Today I am going to run out for a pedi and then we will meet the bus for our take out night. Andrew says it is my turn to pick and I am picking Steak and Shake and a milkshake! However, and let me be clear on this, I only get to pick if it is what the other two want...if someone decides on tacos I can guarantee we will be eating tacos, ya know.

Shopped at walmart yesterday and they are remodeling the store so you can find nothing which is what they want...you wandering the aisles. It just makes me mad and I left with only half the list filled. I have no patience for gimmicks. I did pick up a couple of towels for Sierra. She had said Sunday they only had 4 towels and they were the 4 I bought her. You know I thought I had a few quirks but there was a man buying towel sets and counting them out and talking to himself...I do not fault people who talk to themselves because I have had a few of those conversations but he looked up and saw me so he started talking to me. He was going out of town and refuses to use hotel towels...he brings his own. AND I do not think that odd. My family would not think that I thought that odd. I do not go barefoot even in my own house, and the first thing I do in a hotel room is take the spread off the bed...I will not even sit on it let alone sleep under it. I do not reuse a towel and would die before sharing one. So I have a quirk or two and understand perfectly about taking your own towels. I also bought printer ink and that ran my credit card over it's limit...holy cow! It would actually be cheaper to buy a new printer and use the free ink instead of buying refills.

Well this reads like a lot of gibberish so will have another cup of coffee and shower. This starting earlier an getting more done is wearing me out and I am not seeing much difference in my housekeeping. I am also wondering if getting up earlier isn't just making the day longer? I mean if I am just going to die of exhaustion is it all worth it? The news, national and international, is scarier than hell. How have we allowed these crazy people to be in control? This is certainly a test to our civilization!

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Good morning...I wish I could say things are smoother at work...well they aren’t. . Until chef finds Atleast 2 more people to help I will be working 6 days a week. I am not happy but am thankful that Chef has agreed to let me come after my Bible study meets on Sunday. I pray that help is found.

This week my mom and dad are on vacation so my sister is dog sitting for Josie. My sis and Josie and I are going to breakfast at bread company.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a lot of hours Beth. Maybe if you would give up on those Cubbies and start rooting for the Cardinals you would be in a better mood..just askin. lol!!

today's agenda: stay calm! and try and pickup blocks as they get thrown...I sweat, the two little boys just live to throw things!

today will be in the low 90's but with humidity. I know, I know: we don't have humidity like most of you have it, but we are not used to it. Yesterday we had some drops of rain and north of me people were posting videos of real rain coming down! that is so good for the dry areas up there where we have had fires and one that just got controlled this past weekend.

My lawn guy cut down a bunch of grapes for us yesterday and I must have two kinds because a couple of big clusters were much larger and had seeds! The ones the kids love are the smaller Thompson seedless and I will probably just leave the large seeded ones out for the birds and the squirrels that come around. The squirrels actually make a noise at the kids when we are outside and invading their space!

Jostoy, does your sister own an antique shop or is it her favorite? I used to go to a few around here often andhave gotten out of the habit. I am actually wanting to find an accent table or something I can use for one and should remember to go looking. That and the yard sales donna is always finding such great items at...

Karlinann, I wonder if some of those Alsi crowds were hurricane shoppers? Stocking up?
        Water goes fast, I know. I got a new cooler for our water bottles and if I had known it makes a humming noise all the time I would not have asked for it! Ugh. At least it is in the laundry area and isn't where I hear it in the evening. Daycare makes enough noise that I don't hear it until nap time...maybe it is white noise for the kids to sleep by?

Donna, time is a huge commodity and I value it as much if not more than other things I have. I hope there are less heart stressful things for Sue to do to help you and really hope she can get her health ok, not just for you, but for her life, too.
        When is the new cookie and pie list going out? And one thing I would love to be able to order is baked pie shells.

Maxie, if it's a test for civilization I hate to think of the grade! and hope it isn't a group grade...but honestly, if we let these people get away with their antics, we need to be held accountable, too.
        I need to listen to the news a bit more. I turn on Good Morning America but turn it off by the time kids start to arrive so they don't hear the things that get said...

I have short ribs in the oven. I browned them and now finishing them off. This is the way my grandmother cooked them.
        I went to the store last night after Becky came home and right about the time I was getting a bit too comfortable on the couch I remembered the daycare was out of milk! And who knows how much we drink a day? I never say no when anyone asks for it and whenI got to the store for just the milk and cat food (always out of that!) I of course found lots of other things!
        Kind of like a trip to the store with donna or Maxie...anyway, I saw the short ribs and thought, what the heck/ I want them. Talk about a sticker shock price! So hopefully they will cook up like Nana's and be some comfort food.

I hope your day is filled with comfort and good things, including rain for Jo and no Darian for Karlinann!
        Take care and spread some happiness!

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, my sister-in-law has her shop at a large building where they rent the space. Since they rent, it isn't a consignment arrangement.

Good morning.
        We did get rain last night. A lot of thunder and lightning preceded it. When I went to bed the lightning flashes were still visible in my closed eyes. But I sleep very well when there’s rain. We have 70% humidity today. That will be “icky” today.

Nothing much new to speak of here.

Have a a great day, everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Karlinann, I wonder if some of those Alsi crowds were hurricane shoppers? Stocking up?

Yes, Paula, that is exactly what they were doing. It did not even dawn on me at the time and when I told dh about it he said it was just regular shoppers stocking up. You are so smart.

Okay, I'm prepared food wise and I've decided to get the stuff into the Lanai tomorrow morning with DH's help. I don't want to take a chance.

We got a really good rain last night as well. I went out and everything was glistening wet. My garden is happy. I have no idea what you are referring to about me being so attentive to my plants Cookielady. That is my life nowadays. LOL!

Maxie, I'm so sorry that I posted about the snakes and cicadas. That took place in Texas and you should not have to worry about it where you live. I am so inconsiderate! Wish I hadn't posted that bit.

Hey, if you girls don't hear from me for a few days starting Monday evening don't worry about me. I'll be back in cyberspace asap.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have always been afraid of snakes and living out here I have only seen one but it was big! Even if Andrew said it was a baby! LOL! Glad you are taking precautions for the hurricane. The maps are showing a big part of the state are in it's path. The thought of being without power for days would make me very unhappy.

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            You can’t warn too much about snakes in my opinion! Becky saw one rattlesnake (?) when she was on the river trail and decided walking on the treadmill
            was safer! Also around here the vets post about snake vaccine all the time.

And my brother in Windermere just texted me pictures of his Walmart this morning: Bare shelves where soup and water had been!
            Gosh, I hope all is ok with you during this hurricane Karlinann!

I know very few people who actually like snakes. I’m not one of them.
          My oldest daughter used to have snakes. (Actually, she likes anything to which a shocking result attached to it.).
          I stayed with her in FL when one of her kids were born. I left before they got a python....if they ever really did.
          They almost convinced me to hold one (garden variety). Then I was told if I’m wearing perfume, they might bite.
          i didn’t intend to find out.

Paula, that weight problem goes for me, too. Do I want to Feast or Famine? I’m always doing one or the other.

Beth, when you are at work you should be humming Que Sarah Sarah. (Whatever Will Be Will Be).
          It might pass the time better as you are working. Then think of your next paycheck. Buy yourself a nice treat.

I’m going to pick up my mail. Hope there is something nice in it.
          One of my “besties” just kinda bawled me out for not posting on Facebook. But she’s a big mouth and I don’t need her to spread my life (her view) on the internet. E had security involved in his work. And that affected me as well. The company rule was to stay off social media. It’s habit now. What can I say. (I’ve worked in high security areas for so long, it’s 2nd nature to me.).
          Oh well. I’ve never been on the beaten path.

More rain supposed to fall here next week, at 3 days worth. Fine with me.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X