Tuesday, August 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, August 27

Good morning Rounders! We got rain late yesterday and I was so relieved. I was beginning to think I would have to just forget about trying to have any garden and just let it go back to grass/weeds. Oh, it was a good rain and I am so very thankful.

I waited and waited at dh's foot doctors office yesterday and was beginning to think I'd have to go in there looking for him. They trimmed his toenails, and did their usual foot maintenance, and took more xrays of his feet. He got a great report from the doc on that other bone spur. It will not need surgery! Yay!!! Doing the happy dance here! We are both so relieved. She sold him special inserts for diabetics to put in his new shoes that will be delivered this Wednesday. The new inserts have to be heated in the microwave first so you can mold them to fit your feet. What a smart invention.

We have both decided that it would be too risky for us to go to the beach this year. He loves to body surf, and I know how he loves to stay out there and surf for long periods and I'd be so worried about him. That ocean is rough trying to get out of and if he should have a misstep down in a hole, well, it would be devastating. Not safe IMHO.

Well, that's all I've got. My knee feels so much better. I got my Explanation of Benefits yesterday and guess how much the first injection cost? Over $3,000. I was blown away. Thank goodness all I had to pay was my co-pay.

Y'all take care. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning Karlinann and all those who will follow. We also got rain last night. Again! At least I slept through any storms last night and it is 'suppose' to be sunny but cooler the next couple of days. Saw on the news last evening that some paces received up to 7 inches of rain yesterday morning but we only got around an inch or less around us.

I have never started my ironing. What have I done you may ask...well, I don't know what I have been doing. Bought groceries and have my tooth repaired so guess that is something. Andrew came in and told me he wanted breakfast for supper tonight and grilled cheese and tomato soup tomorrow; Thursday we will eat out and Friday he eats with his mom. Heck, I am just going to let him make up the menus from now on! Sure saves me brain power...

Do need to run out for bacon and potatoes for supper but only errand I need to do. Laundry is piling up again. Sorry you are going to miss your beach trip Karlinann. Are you going to be affected by the new tropical storm? And the price of that injection..holy cow! So happy you have gotten some relief. Jon is taking a new diabetic med and the doctor told him some insurances were not covering it but he was lucky and only has a $25.00 co pay. Thank goodness for insurance!

Jon and Drew did jump in the pool for a few minutes last evening and both came in with this wild story about horse flies. Two buzzed them in the pool and while Drew got out to grab the wasp spray Jon swatted one with the net pole and hit it into the yard and Andrew dropped a rock on it. The other he sprayed out of the air. It was quite a tale. They have been bothered with horse flies this summer for some reason and normally just leave the pool but yesterday they fought back. They are such play babies. The great horse fly war...

Have you heard of the new meatless chicken nuggets? Plant based..I dunno about that...do I still get all that greasy crust? How do you roast a chicken that is a plant? What is going to happen to all the chickens in the world if we are eating plants? What are they going to make eggs out of? Science is just to complicated for me.

Time to go because this is the day I am going to do something. But do not take bets on that...time is a funny thing around here. Have a great day!!

Comment

Maxi we serve the vegan nuggets at work. They are ok. If there is nothing else to eat and they haven’t been sitting out then I can drown them in ketchup and eat them.

Yesterday when I got to work and heard how many we served Sunday night I was super proud of myself and my team. We served 1100 meals Sunday night.

yesterday wasn’t bad at work at all. Intense and busy but not horrible. My time went fast. The new cooks on the line with us are so much fun!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the name of the school you work at? I want to look it up. You are amazing and a great team member!

time is a funny thing around here, too...in the morning I seem to know exactly what I will do in the dya and by the end of the day I am asking, Now what was I going to do???
      Making lists just seems to be a way to use up notecards and ink!

I am hoping by 5:00pm when I am to call the county clerk's office I will receive notice that the jury trial has been cancelled. In a lot of cases it is and in the past that was always my luck! Not the last time I got called to jury duty and so I am really hoping this is not a new trend: for losers to choose to go to trial...the one I was finally excused from was about a car that had been transporting drugs and was impounded and the owners thought they had a case against the police for keeping their car...waste of time and money.

Ok, so one thing I will get done today is throw out some food in the freezer and made notes so I don't forget. Last garage day I realized I had cleaned out the fridge and freezer too soon as the Brussels sprouts smelled worse than anything else in that garbage!

Kids were terrible yesterday. and my 3 1/2 year old decided not to be potty trained and I was ready to quit!
      Today I gave myself a little self talk about patience and decided to be open
      Oh, and the mom who showed up the morning I was leaving town: a friend who teaches at the school she works at told me she came in and was totally taking the blame for forgetting about my trip! I thanked him for telling me and relieving my mind that there are no feelings being held ...

today is Becky's first day of grad school. those classes are afternoon and evening only so she won't be home until after 8:00pm. She started her work hours today at 7:00 instead of 8:00 so she can be off in time to get to the college.
      I wish I had something more interesting to tell you all, but a normal day is better than a stressful exciting one, so I will be grateful for that,

Hope you all enjoy your rain. It will be sunny and Hot here and the air may have already kicked on. Mine is set at 76* day and night.
      Keep cool and don't let anyone get you down!

Comment

Good mid-morning.
        I just finished filling out a sheaf of papers for for my colonoscopy (and a separate doctor for this procedure).
        I still have that bug, and hope it goes away soon. What a pest it is!
        It would be nice if I could sit in some warm sunshine for a bit....but we will reach 111° today. I don’t want to be a crispy critter.
        So...no real news here today.
        Hope you all have a very good day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X