Monday, August 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, August 26th

Good morning Rounders! I transplanted 4 Bell Pepper plants into my garden yesterday. This is a 2nd planting of the BP plants and a Morning Glory seed sprouted out of that same pot and it grew like bonkers when we had all that rain. I had to make a trellis for it because it's about 6 ft tall and now the BP plants were being dwarfed by it so I moved them into the garden soil. They may or may not have peppers, but it's worth a try. Now I have 4 tomatoes and 4 pepper plants in the fall garden.

Not much going on around here. DH and I take turns at the computer and we swap out when I want to watch a movie or he becomes bored with watching sports and CNN. We play computer games. He is really good at the games, and I am pathetic, but it's free and fun. When it's hot outside I'm staying in.

I am so looking forward to fall temps. They are just around the corner I know. Hang on! That is what I tell myself daily. What I'm really looking forward to is winter. I can open the door and hear the birds and not have to worry about that fierce sun coming in that front window.

All of you girls sound really busy and active and I envy you that. I remember the times when I would hop in the car and just go to Lowe's looking at the discount racks or to the thrift shop and browse. I just do not feel compelled to do that anymore. Keep active y'all as long as you can. It's what makes the world go round.

Time for a cup of joe. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! It is raining...it rained yesterday afternoon and evening and at night and it is raining now. Holy cow! It is cool and rainy and in a couple of months it is going to be cold and snowy. Sorry Karlinann but I hate winter! Of course right now I am not very happy with summer..

Sierra called yesterday I drove home in the rain to spend time with her over lunch. Well, crap...guess who followed her out the door? Sure did not want lunch with him...did not want to pay for his lunch. But on the bright side Jon's best friend from way back..like kindergarten back was there with his family. We had a nice catch up visit. He has a daughter one week older than Andrew and another starting college today. His wife said they found their wedding videos and have Sierra sitting on her mom's lap crying because she wanted her dad and Jon was the best man. I had forgotten that!

Today I have a dentist appointment to fix my broken tooth. Then that will be over. Friday is a mammogram then I am going to stop all medical stuff. Geeze you spend so much time on preventive crap that you never have time to get sick! When I get back we need to grocery shop. We have a totally empty shelf in the fridge. Have enough spag sauce for a fast pasta dish tonight.

Baseball game had a 2 1/2 hour rain delay yesterday afternoon and the game ended up a late afternoon game. Then I was out having lunch so never did the ironing. I did finish the Rooster Bar and was not overly impressed. Think I am just tired of Grisham books. Have a Nicholas Sparks book and they are feel good, tear jerkers that read fast because all you do is read and not think. Then back to my favorites...mysteries! I need to book shop but walmart has the worst book selection. Political, and we all know their politics, or sappy romance. I normally order books from Amazon but would like to get into a book store...an honest to goodness book store. We will be planning a shopping trip soon.

Today is planned as a running around day so won't get anything done at home. I still do not have a school schedule from Andrew's mom which is not going to help me schedule things if he has an early dismissal or day off. I know she is busy but just take a picture of it and send it to me.

Well I could probably sit here and find things to complain about all morning starting with the weather! but I really do not have the time. I think the allergy pill change is helping a bit but allergy season is coming fast. The night sounds are changing so fall is moving in. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

I wish today could be a slow day. I am pretty sure we served over 800 last night at Supper. I know we served 878 for brunch.

This morning I have a bad head ache and my back hurts. I keep telling myself that my check will be really nice and I can buy the birthday gifts I need to get and I can make the trip to bath and body.

I need to close this out my sis will be here in 20 min and I am more than 20 mins away from ready

Comment

Good morning.
        A totally wasted weekend....I did diddly squat. Caught some kind of tummy bug, and wore a pathway to the bathroom. Today isn’t starting out any better, so I’ll indulge in a shot of Mylanta, and hope for the best.

With that, I’ll finish my tea, get dressed, pick up my morning mail, and maybe have a nap.
        maybe I’ll feel better by then.

Please send your unwanted rains to this very arid area.
        Hope your day is extremely good. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Monday which means a lot of grumpy kids who are not only out of sorts but in each other’s faces.
          Someone asked me what I do for fun and I really could not think of a good answer. I mean daycare, and errands and swimming but hmmm? I think I am lacking in the recreation and other interests category.
          my time here is one of my interests! Reading but I am getting picky about the books!
          So I am thankful I am happy with my life and for now I guess, decluttering, donating and tossing are my interests!

Spencer called and caught us up on his London trip, the cancelled flight and the visit with their friends, He said they were onboard and back and forth on the runway for 4 hours!! British Airways did not serve them anything and finally a flight attendant handed out ice cream sandwiches!! Twice they returned to the gate for technicians to work in the computer system and at 7:30 the captain said he was cancelling after the same problem occurred ( after tech guys “fixed” it)! He said he was so upset and angry and as he was calling for another flight he heard upset people around him as they were being offered crazy different trips.

I have t heard from Stuart for a bit and I am sure he is busy getting ready for the start of the new school year.
          Beth, you sure are working and I hope the headache goes away.
          Jo, same with the tummy issues! Take it easy!

While raking the grape leaves I found more bunch’s on the fence vine! Kids love these sweet Thompson seedless. I will be cutting the vines and making wreaths with them.
          Hey! There’s an interest!!

Love you all, my friends!
          Last edited by Paula A; 08-26-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Finally back from the dentist. He had an emergency and I sat there in the chair all numbed up and ready. Another thing to complain about. When Jon gets dressed we are grocery shopping. Driving home I heard from my sister but lost her in the country. Heard from Sierra but lost her too. A friend texted about dinner but I haven;t heard back from her...can't eat tonight anyway. Scott had a long delay on his trip home from Vegas and sat in the Denver airport for hours. Airlines used to be a lot more accommodating with delays like free meals and snacks but not anymore. We did get a free breakfast in the airport when we had a flight to Mexico delayed but they limited the amount you could spend. Oh well.

Rain has stopped but no sun. Early evening ballgame in Milwaukee tonight and since I can't eat supper will probably just go to bed. Jon yelled up so gathering my list and heading out. Hope you feel better Jo. Have a good day Beth. Paula you are always in a good mood...have a great one everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X