Friday, July 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 26

Good morning Rounders! Did you know that it rained all day and all night day before yesterday? I went out yesterday and put the yard waste can out front and took a look at the garden. The weeds had grown and needed some pulling and the Pepper plants are still alive, but we barely had any sun yesterday. After a good slow rain it's so easy to just pluck up the weeds.

Not much happening around here. I need to clean this dirty house, but I can barely walk myself and I can't bend down to scrub the shower if I can't balance myself. It will have to wait.

Tonight is Salmon, Jasmine Rice, and Haricots Verts. SF Pudding for dessert.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?flower11_150.jpg
    My cactus are getting blooms on them again and I thought they only bloomed in spring.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! I thought I'd better slip in here before my day goes slipping on by.

KA....our pepper plants would gobble up that rain & grow. A day or two of rain wouldn't hurt them.

The pie season has started & it's busy. My 3rd helper started yesterday. She's a good home baker & she did just fine. I talked to the other gal I hired and told her to not to worry because there is still plenty to do that doesn't involve dough that needs attention. Those two only will be working a couple hours here and there each week. Sue is still my main gal.

Blaise & I went down to the pool last night for the first time since those scorching hot days last week. It was green again. I need to go get a bottle of algaecide. I'll just put that on my to-do list. I did make a real meal last night. Love summer food. Fresh corn on the cob & fresh green beans & tomatoes.

Heard from Kathy. She's sounding so much better. She's going to get Blaise overnight tomorrow. I'll then pick them all up on Sunday and we'll take him to church camp for the week.

Today is more pie baking & making. Getting prepared for the weekend. Starting to stash for my nest egg to pay for house taxes & insurances. My kids think I'm rolling in $$, but it all has a purpose.

Jo...so glad to read that all your sales are going thru. So sorry to hear about your DD shock.
    KA...what's haricots verts?

Back to work. Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! I wondered if anybody would ask what Haricots Verts are. They are green beans. Yep, love those green beans.

I took French and knew what they are, Karlinann.

Jo, what a terrible accident for your family. I am so sorry for all those who are suffering from this loss. His family and all those co-workers and those who witnessed the accident. You all have been through so much. Prayers for comfort coming your way as well as DD's and children.

And for you in the hospital, Jo! Much love and thoughts coming your way!

One of my college roommates is in ICU after emergency surgery yesterday for two blood clots I her lungs. She collapsed at home and thank Heaven her husband was there and heard her fall. Had to start CPR and called 911. She is one of the younger ones, but had been having some health issues. this was a shock! So my prayers are going all over this morning.

I have the table decorations for the church bbq to do today. I am buying jars (my source for the jars is out of town) and then I will do some canning, I guess. I am picking greenery from my yard and buying some flowers at the farmers market. The only things I have blooming right now are the trumpet vine and I will not take that away from the hummingbirds and lots of oleander which I doubt anyone wants to see on a food table!

I have a load of laundry in the washer and the next one ready to go. Yesterday was a great day with daycare but nothing else. I stayed up to watch a show and regret it this morning. Even last night I was thinking I should have just dvr'd it...lesson learned.

I had my a/c unit checked and all is good. They will come out twice a year and do checks on a/c and then later on heating. Today the pool service guy is on vacation so he left me the chlorine tablets to put in the pool today.

I sure hope your day is going well and better than you thought!
    Here's to no more papers, Jo. And I am sure that college kid will be happy to get that car. I know you all took good care of it.
    Donna, the pie talk is making my mouth water! You also sound like a great manager with your hiring and scheduling abilities.
    Take care all and stay as cool as possible!

Comment

Morning! Saw on the national weather that Florida has been socked in with rain. Also that dust from the Sierra Desert is causing beautiful sunsets in the South and we in the North are getting the effects of the Canadian fires. It has been cool and dry here all week and I have no idea about sunsets cuz by then I in the house and ready for bed!

Yesterday was such a nice day. We had a leisurely lunch then walked the shops. Rode the ferry across the river and went to a nice market. In the front was an open market but in the back a solid building. When we walked in I smelled pie! Cookie I thought of you and baking for the farmers market. They bake in the back and it smelled heavenly! There are still signs of the flood with muddy street signs and road signs...mud along the sides of roads and water still standing in fields. You just do not realize how horrible it is until you see the remnants still out there or how high water can go!

The cousins sat after lunch and tried to find two days off together for a family floating trip. They do not have time off together and could not find two days. Weekend workers are such a handicap. We are taking a family vacation next summer and decided we needed to sit down in January to get vacations and any floating trips set. Jon has a spare week of vacation but cannot take it because the vacation schedule is set so he has to save it for next year. This is the first year they cannot take a day off as needed. He still has a week set at Thanksgiving but you cannot float in November!

Today is stay home and do laundry day. Yes, I was going to ask what Haricots Verts were...gotta say green bean sounds more appetizing! Jon picked his first pepper yesterday. It was nice size and no bug bites but kinda bumpy. He isn't sure it was the heat or if it is suppose to look like that. He did different plants for some reason. Tomatoes are not turning at all...we have plenty but they are all green. No tomatoes in July this year.

Jo so sorry to hear about your family's loss and your health improves quickly. Karlinann do rest and take care of that leg. Rain should stop soon according the the national weather guy. Wow Cookie, three helpers? Makes life a lot easier for you.

Going in to fix another cup of coffee and then start the day. I found a $50 gift card from Kohl's in my wallet so need to take a trip and splurge or should I save it for winter? Will mull that around. But I still feel so rich! Have a wonderful day everyone. Another beauty here!
      Last edited by maxie; 07-26-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sahara Desert...geeze where is my mind some days...

Well obviously I am not up on what happened to JoGee. Please explain someone if you don't mind. Maxie is right Cookielady, you are being a very efficient manager. Wow! Your business has really grown since I first came on this forum.

Maxie, the town where I was born used to flood every 7 years or so. It was awful, but what do you expect when you build a city on a riverbank. There are old timey pictures of people going down main street in boats. Wha! I guess they had to build close to the river for trade. Dunno!

I did a walkabout in the yard at daylight and pulled some weeds and transplanted some Vinca. Things are looking good.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

JoGee, I went back to yesterday and read your last post and now I know what Paula was referring to. Sorry about the death. How horrible. And you being dehydrated is no joke. It can really mess you up. My dad used to get dehydrated all the time because he would not drink enough water. Hope you are better today Jo, and I hope things will settle down for you and your family now. Many blessings. You are missed.

Comment

I wonder if things flooded in the old days like they do now? The rivers had room to spread out without hitting people. Back when we didn't have locks and dams or obstacles and just let the river come in when needed. Grafton is an old river town and all the main street homes are old and turned into shops. The homes on the bluffs are gorgeous newer homes over looking the river. When you go through these old towns don;t you wish you could have walked them 150 years ago? I always think that when seeing old main streets. Or yesterday when we crossed on the ferry I wonder how many years that particular part of the landscape had been used as a river crossing. Just rambling thoughts....

Comment

I’m home this afternoon. I’m getting a heart doctor out of this.
            I don’t remember passing out...but these beautiful men helping me had to be angels. Very efficient guys. They’ll joke around and all, but there’s no wasted action. I was delivered to the hospital in mere minutes.
            So yeah, I had lots of if fluid intake as well as a pitcher of ice water. My potassium was also down. And the heart doctor discovered not only my erratic heart rate, but missing heartbeats as well.
            So it’s back to finding doctors again. Oncologist, pcp, and retinal.

This afternoon DD Is spending the evening with her kids and ex-in-laws. They are all dealing to come to terms with the accident, and figure out where to go from here. Who inherits what. He has been amazing to his kids and DD all these years.

That’s my upfront news today. I’m really too tired to go on. You don’t get much rest in hospitals .... are they proud of that?

have a good evening, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X