Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, July 25

dog57_150.jpg

Good morning Rounders! I have been up for awhile. We had rain pretty much all day yesterday and barely any sun. If it continues to rain and be overcast I may lose some of my new seedlings. I have some Pepper plants, Morning Glories and I don't know if the Zinnia's have sprouted or not. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

I have just been taking it easy and waiting on that authorization for the knee injections to begin. The Icy Hot patches do work and I have plenty of those.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Maxie I feel the pain of your knees. JoGee, hope your sale goes through real quick on both the house and car.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...already lost the first post but not going to let that get me down. Today we are meeting up with my sister and two of her adult kids for lunch along the river. Temps are suppose to be in the 80s and sunny so it should be a good day. If time we will walk the shops but if not we will enjoy a long lunch. I have been looking forward to going.

Good news on my tooth..it is not half gone but only a little piece. Once he ground it down it felt better and all it needs is the filling replaced and made bigger. I was not inclined to put a cap on it. He is a young dentist and plays old rock and roll softly in the background. You gotta love it! They handed me this ipad to update my medical info. Was taking me forever and this girl my son Scott went to school with came out and helped. Give me a keyboard and I can go like lightning but hand me an ipad and I am hunting and pecking...why? When I was at the doctor earlier this week they gave me this paper about depression to fill out...guess the dentist doesn't care if you are depressed or if you were fixing your teeth would not be high on your list of places to go. Maybe he expects you to be depressed when you get his bill.....yikes!!!!!! And then I made an appointment to get it refilled. I must like being broke!

Grass boy cut yesterday so the yard looks better. Last weeks heat sapped every living thing even the water grass. The potted plants are so sad. Why do I bother every year? Drove by the computer guys place yesterday on my way home and he was not home. I really want to get that computer picked up and end that sad saga. Got the local hometown paper in the mail yesterday and there is always an interesting side story...actually is a side story since it runs down the entire side of the front page. Anyway it was about a women vet from the Civil War. Interesting and picked at my historical bone so I googled her. Very interesting and I learned that between 200 and 700 women disguised themselves as men and fought. Did not know that! Can you imagine those conditions? And people who found out kept it quiet!! Back in the good ole days when people had integrity. Ya know?

Well, need to get moving and pick up since we are the meeting place. Last night I went to bed while it was still light and slept until 6:00 this morning. Wallowing is exhausting! I do not even know who won the game so need to look that up. I am in a better mood today and looking forward to our excursion.

Karlinann I feel bad complaining about my knees while yours hurt so bad. Mine do not hurt like yours but ache and do not work.

Well time to get moving. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      Yesterday was miserably hot, with the humidity. Our humidity is 50% today and it will be a couple degrees hotter. But I won’t be out in it today.

Yesterday afternoon my car was finally sold. I told the kids to not puts around with the price, it just wouldn’t happen. I gave them a figure that was still profitable enough to me, and more acceptable to the buyer. I couldn’t believe the guy actually brought a rather big bundle of crisp bills and paid cash. ( So the car is going to college with his son. ). My son was telling me “AZ law says” to make a quick transaction. Nope! I wanted to dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s in a costly transaction. So we went to DMV, and they notarized the sale. So that’s all legal and done, finally! I can call and drop the car insurance today.

Now i am waiting for the action on the house. It’s off the market. The contract is waiting for the buyer’s signatures. Hopefully before the weekend? I think they decided to go through a mortgage company.

This morning middle DD is taking me to the grocery store. I need a few things.
      She is coming over early to miss the heat of the day. So I’d better grab a bite of breakfast and get dressed.

Have a great day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...yesterday another pretty good day with mom and daddy. Mom has gone on and on about how wonderful her birthday was! We got pedicures yesterday and it was decided that pedicures will always be my go to gift for mom. We both love a good pedi.

They are now headed to my sister for a final feeding of the animals. Then they are headed home. I already miss them. I don’t miss the dog. She 2 pairs of my shoes. Then yesterday while daddy was dog sitting she got under the fence and up the street before dad realized she was gone. We are so glad she didn’t get hit. People drive crazy fast on the road in front of my house.

Comment

Oh, my gosh! 50% Humidity with your high temperatures!!! I can not imagine how that feels but I don't think I could get out of the house soon enough to beat it Thank Heaven for air conditioning!

today will be a normal Thursday other than two kids who have been on vacation will be back. One is a school child and the othe ris a 3 1/2 year old...we will see if he got potty trained while he was gone.

I have been doing sprinkler water play for the two year olds and it sure tires them out. Worth the clean up effort when we are finished. And it also cleans up and popsicle drippings down their bellies. The popsicles sure stain! And everyone wants blue or red! The next bag will be the all yellow banana flavor!

We have a church bbq Saturday and I have somethings I have to do for it: decorate tables and have one game for kids. It is going to be 110 Saturday and I was not wanting to think how many would not come because of it, and then found out we are eating Inside with the a/c! Bbq will be cooked outside and so will the water sponge game I have. there will be a huge blow up water slide that most of the kids will be at for the whole time, but knowing the eating and the cool air will be inside makes it much more agreeable to all ages to come and have a good time.

I have lost the pink begonias in my flower bed out front. too hot and no shade for them. I managed to keep them all last year but they are Gone. I love begonias, probably because they are all over Disneyland. Standing in lines is when I can really get ideas for plants and flowers...just have to take into consideration I am in Zone 9 and they have much cooler weather than I do. I will figure out a way to create a shaded area for the next planting of begonias.

I visited with a couple who moved here after losing their home in the Camp Fire last year. Very simple older home, and everything inside I saw was donated. Really touching to see how generous people can be. They received insurance money and bought the house with it.
          they had pictures that were donated as well as furniture. Someone knew that Tammy paints rocks as a hobby (people paint them and leave them around town for others to find) and donated a huge assortment of paints and brushes and tools. I mean Huge! I was overwhelmed just being there amid such evidence of people's love and kindness. I tried painting a few rocks with her as table decorations for our bbq and found that I am not much of a painter. I should have stuck to my idea of dot flowers with a small leaf but she had started some cute beehives with a couple of bees...ugh. My beehives looked so weird. When I was ready to leve I told her she could paint over mine or whatever and it will not hurt my feelings.
          I also sampled some homemade sourkraut (how do you spell that?) her husband makes. so good!!!

Ok, I now have gone from a lot of time to not enough time.
          I hope your day is fun and cool and you all stay up and happy!!!
          Maxie, enjoy that luncheon!
          Karlinann, I am going to get some of those Icy HOt things. Hope your plants make t.
          Jo, fingers crossed until the money is in the bank!!

Comment

What a day it’s been. After grocery shopping with DD, collapsed in the heat outside my building and I wasn’t well hydrated enough. I’m in the hospital with IVs overnight.

About mid afternoon DD got a call that her ex-hubby died at work where a crane disengaged from its chain and fell on him. For an ex, he’s been a positive part of most of her life.
            she is totally broke up over him.

DD and her closest sister just left me, and sis will stay with her til she calms down. Be it overnight or through tomorrow.

[Sold the car car for cash in hand, Paula.
            The realtor’s broker had one last page for me to sign off on. One of those “actually unnecessary” papers, but just to be sure nothing can backfire. I hope it’s the absolutely last thing! It should be a done deal at this point.]

DD will be spending the evening/night together with her kids in their grief. Dds sister is on her way to her home, just updating me.
            It’s been a bad few months for our family. Losing them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X