Tuesday, July 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, July 23

Guess what day it is Rounder's? It's my appointment for my injection. OMG! I'm so tired of not being able to walk and dragging this leg around. You should know I'm going to be on my best behavior today.

I had to mow part of the yard again yesterday. Yep, it grows quickly with all the rain. We got more rain last night and we will get more today.

I am getting ready to read another Ken Follett book, Eye of the Needle. It's supposed to be really good.

We had BLT's for our dinner last evening. I like simple for summer.

Yoohoo Paula, I need for you to log in to the NGA site so I can get my acorns. You get 10 acorns when a referral signs up and logs on to the site. You can buy badges with the acorns and I need more badges. So far I have 3 badges: Composter, Cottage Gardening and Organic Gardener. You get 5 when you sign in and my dh signed up for me to get the others. It takes 5 acorns per badge. They show up on your posts as little icons. Thanking you in advance.

I need to go make a pot of coffee and some bkfst. I'll be back later to read and hopefully to rejoice my improved knee. Fingers crossed here.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good wet & dreary Morning! Yesterday's high was 30 degrees cooler than the whole weekend's high. Great for baking!

Wishing you the best KA!

Well, the pie season officially starts today! Linda called late morning telling me they got corn & peaches, so they are ready to go...they just needed pies. Starting out small with just 8 pies.

Yesterday day was a long but slow but sure day. Sue arrived at 830 and off we went. We made 18 doz ladylocks and 5 doz almond creams. Got those all done in 3 hrs. I had run out of test strips for the glucometer, so we had to make a trip into town to WM. It was lunchtime, so it was Arby's first, then Sharp Shopper before WM. Always check for apples at SS. Of course other things jump into my basket. LOL! Now WM I went straight to the Pharmacy, bought my test strips at their counter, and we were out of there. Didn't look left or right. LOL! Didn't please Blaise, but that's too bad.

Came home to start working on pie fillings. Made blueberry, peach, peach blueberry, blackberry, cherry, strawberry rhubarb, and elderberry. Didn't make up any with the blueberries or elderberries....yet. Just getting prepared. Also had an order for a pecan pie, so made that in along there too.

Last night was leftover night plus I made some 5 min rice. Oh my, it was all so good. Of course Blaise wasn't happy, but that was too bad. Cork & I were! Lots of fresh veggies.

Took Blaise to karate, then home to assemble & bake pies. I got to finish my book btw things.

This morning Sue is coming again. When I got that call about the pies today, I told Sue if her green house boss didn't need her today, that I would take her. We'll be making lots of pie crusts. Pie baking this evening along with karate. We'll get into a routine soon enough.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks The One Who Bakes!

Good morning...mom’s birthday dinner was a huge hit!!! Everything tasted delicious and looked pretty...I posted pictures on another post. I am being lazy this morning...I hadn’t planned on going with my parents this morning.

My mom ended up owing me two pairs of shoes last night. While we were all enjoying dinner mom and dad’s dog was chewing what ever she could. That included 2 pairs of my shoes!!

This morning mom and I are having a girls day! We are going for pedicures and running other errands. We were going to make ribs in my instapot but I have changed my mind. We have a bunch of left overs and blt sandwiches sound really good. I also have a niece that LOVES ribs so I will wait to fix them when they get back.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth I commented on your yesterday post with the pictures. That cake looked so good I could taste that pineapple and you set a pretty table. Glad she enjoyed it, or glad you all enjoyed it. Sorry about the shoes.

Morning! Sunny and bright and cool...going to be a good day and rest of the week. Going to call and try to get a haircut today. If she doesn't answer today then I guess this is their vacation week. I got my pedi yesterday and have beautiful toes! Now this hair..ahgggg!

I did some laundry yesterday but what I do today depends on getting a haircut. I do need a trip to the bank and to pick up her computer but not wanting to drive home just for that. The price of gas has skyrocketed around here...$3.00 in some places. WTH? You know we live on the border on Missouri and they have much cheaper gas. A lot of people go across the bridge to buy gas and cigarettes because of the cheaper taxes. Jon said he heard at work that Illinois will track your credit card and send you a tax bill if you buy in Missouri. Is that sneaky? If it is true it is very sneaky. And is it fair to those of us who live on the border? Well, if they can even do it it is sneaky! I cross the river only to visit my sister or son but sometimes if we are out Jon will cross over to get gas. Sneaky!

I picked up some brauts and burger patties and I am hoping Jon will grill tonight. Been to hot. Karlinann, we have been eating a lot of BLT's and grilled cheese now that we are getting fresh tomatoes. Not from around here because ours are still green balls but the produce stand has big red and delish tomatoes. Oh, and the apples they have are ten times better than the grocery store. You are paying for them but so worth the price!

Things are slow around here...need to clean a bit and still have not put my guest room together. Maybe I am secretly harboring the thought that she will dump bf and move back home? We need to get into Andrew's room and do some deep cleaning. I will not pitch anything when he is not here but it needs going through from corner to corner to closet.. He is such a slob and always has been and always will be but when I look in the door I want to see clean. I use his closet for my 'cleanup' clothes so do go in there.

Never heard back from the doctor about my xrays so assuming there is nothing wrong with my knees. Nice that they go out of their way to call you with results. Karlinann, hope you get instant relief. Then go out to lunch to celebrate!! Beth that cake looked yummy. Cookie thought you were in the season with the pies you have been making. Have a great pie season! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

I thoughtyou were already in pie season, too, Donna! I guess with Mels' orders and private customers I just thought that was your regular busy season. Going in to hyper drive now!

Beth, I commented on Facebook and thought the dinner looked very yummy! What all did you Mom and Dad say? Sorry about the shoes. We had a schnauzer who chewed everything! Just when I thought I had all shoes out of his reach, he would find a purse strap! An expensive purse strap...

karlinann, so happy that today is the day and hope you get Relief FAst! Like walk out and kick up your heels! Of course, I can't and never could do that before pain, but hope you celebrate.

Brats sound so good! I have some in the freezer, too.
      Maxie, if your state has time and people and money to track your credit card purchases, they have money to lower their own prices and keep you guys spending in your state. As someone speaking from an over-taxed state, I say pay with Cash and do whatever you have to do to protect your money!
      And where are those awesome apples grown you are talking about? When I was in college we would walk up to campus and pass little stands of apples. There was a bushel basket and a sign saying how much for each and it was all the honor code. Worked back then! I love fresh apples from the orchard but not the red delicious from the grocery store...Empires are my favorites and no longer grown around here. (A fire destroyed the closest orchard a number of years ago. The Camp fire damaged one up in Paradise, but they will have osme apples this Fall.)

Put me down for Peach pie! Lots of elderberry trees growing wild around here. I have friends who pick and use them but I have not.
      My mom is a berry pie person and neither of us makes many pies. the last one she made was so overworked that the crust was just bad. She hasn't made one since, although no one said a word out loud...I am the one who does all the holiday meals and I hate to admit it, but I do a "good quality" frozen pie or a pie form a restaurant. If I could make pie dough like Donna's I would!

I have meat cooked for the spaghetti we did not have yesterday. For whatever reason I forgot to cook in the morning and then when we came in from outside it was too late to start. The toddlers are such a mess and the swimmers all need some kind of help with their clothes that it is not a pleasant time to start cooking. I like to have things made up and ready to just warm up...

I hope your days go as well as you need them to and especially those dealing with health and family issues!
      See you all later!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Apples are not in season around here until fall so these apples are coming from Produce Row in St. Louis. They are shipped in from wherever they are in season and that probably means South America. I bought two Granny Smith's, two Golden Delicious and two Gala. They were big and crisp! Not mushy like I am paying an arm and leg for in stores around here. Went back for more and well worth the price. We have a lot of orchards around here and there will be stalls and stands set up all over the area in a few months. I am sure when we go north for lunch Thursday we will run into roadside peach stands. Wish these places sold fresh pies like Donna bakes!

Doctor's appt. went fine until the nurse or MA turned grabbed ahold of my knee and turned it sideways. Oh, I almost went through the roof and I cried. It hurt so bad and it's still hurting. I like the doctor and he cannot give me the injections until they get authorization from my insurance company. She will call me to set up an appt. In the meantime doc told me I could take Tylenol for the pain and Glucosemine Chondroiten ? sp for relief. It's over the counter, but I'm not buying that stuff. It's expensive and it does not work anyway. He told me to stop taking Ibuprofen because it could cause bleeding when he starts the injections.

He also gave me an exercise handout sheet and when my knee stops hurting I may try some. There was a different girl at the front desk today and she was very pleasant. So my pcp talking to this doctor must have made an impression. Today was good, but I still can't wait to get an injection. Maybe I can put off another total knee surgery until next year. Hopefully.

Maxie, I didn't feel like going out to eat, but dh has gone to Domino's for pizza, which is fine with me. Thanks to all of you for your concern and kind words.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I have taken glucosemine for years and years...2 pills a day and buy the cheapest bottle on the shelf so not a slave to a name brand. It is expensive especially if you go to a walgreens or specialty pharmacy...I have found walmart is actually the best price. My brother in law is a pharmacist and when I started complaining about my knees years ago he told me to try it. Once it built up in my system I think it really did help with the joint pain and has held me off of what I am starting into now. My dad was much younger than me when he had had two knee replacements so I am ahead of his game. Last week the NP told me to take Aleive for pain. I am so sorry they got you in there expecting relief and ending up just waiting for insurance approval. Agggghhhh!! Enjoy that pizza..it does sound kinda good..

Good morning. ☕️
      You are all making me hungry with talk about pies and fruits. Yum! The BLTs sound good, too.

Its a bit overcast today. Temps only to 105° for a couple of days. We have an “air quality” warning, so I think it’s more smog than any chance of rain today.

I will have papers for signing off the house, finally.

Other than that, it’s pretty quiet here. I need to take a basket of laundry to wash. A good time to spend on a little crocheting. I stay with my laundry. One lady said how she folded some clothes from a dryer, then repaired a man’s walking shorts that were coming apart. Then talked him into giving them to charity. OK, maybe she was being helpful. But I’m not too receptive to people going through my laundry.

karlinann, so much pain you’re dealing with! I hope that injection comes in soon! Or must be the time to get that knee surgery. Take care!

Thats my news for today. Darned A/C is kicking on. I’m turning it off!

Have a beautiful day! ☀️
      Last edited by JoGee; 07-23-2019, 10:38 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
        I am here.!!..I did not get wash away...LOL...I had so much rain & lighting...
        Let everyone that i am all right..And the furbabies are "OK"....
        I am working on wreath..I had to work on My mother best friend..She loved that tote bags..And love that water proof..What great idea..
        The wreath i am working on..It is lace,ribbon,I called it..Modern..I finally see the sun..

Comment

Working...
        X