Friday, June 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, June 28

GGood morning Rounders! See that extra g over there. I couldn't get it started right.

Hey, we have a 70% chance of rain today. Keeping my fingers crossed. Grass is dying. Zinnia's at the mailbox are getting fried by this 96* heat.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that D fell Aunt Maye. I know you are worried because I know how fiercely determined those men can be. Seen it plenty of times. Thank goodness your son can come and help out.

Our puzzle kept me busy all day yesterday and by the end of the day I was having trouble walking. Too much sitting and stooping to put in pieces. An Advil did the trick though and it was worth the pain becuz I love the puzzle.

This morning I am going out to tackle a new project. I've decided to put all the pavers on the bank. They will serve the purpose of preventing anymore soil erosion, and they will have curb appeal. I really don't need them in the front yard anymore and I'm glad I had this brainstorm. Now if my knee will just hold up to get them all moved. They weigh about 10 lbs each, but I have a dolly and the good news is that I don't have far to move them.

So, I hope everyone is ok. DH could have driven home after PT yesterday, but we just wanted to be sure. Better safe than sorry.

Summer has just started and I'm already dreading cooking the evening meals. Tonight is Salmon, Potato Salad and Fresh Steamed Broccoli.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, ☕️
    It’s going to be sunny with a temp of 107° today.
    We are still busy. DDs hubby is hauling stuff off. We found more boxes of photos. My new place may be crowded for a while. I know that one DD who helped dumped a lot of extra stuff in some boxes. But she is hard of hearing and doesn’t know when she is going beyond instructions.
    now it’s time to get busy again. I’m packing up my closet and dresser.
    Have a great day!☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..The volunteer spot that I went to see about yesterday didn’t pan out. At first I was upset because nothing seems to be working out. I was able to quickly fill in some days on my calendar. I making lunch for some friends in a couple weeks. I am volunteering at my friends office...and I will be teaching a wrap class. I am also going to my parents for a few days. Mom’s birthday is coming at the end of July. The lady that helps me will be on vacation that same week so I am going to my parents.

Today a trip to Aldi and finding a book on my kindle.

Comment

Good Morning! I think the sun is out there somewhere above the fog. Yesterday was beautiful until it started dumping rain round 430.

Yesterday was super super productive. Theresa came at 9am, and we busted tail all morning. Originally I had planned to have her ice the cupcakes, but they still aren't done. That's my next project this morning. We made pie dough, bagged up all 9 boxes of berries & got them back into the freezer. Made pie fillings. Mixed & baked 6 carrot cakes. I then took a break and delivered pies to Mel's and went to donate blood. I haven't done that in a good 10 yrs or more I think. I didn't know if they'd take my blood or not. I'm usually full of good intentions, but then the day slips right by me. Our church hosts it several times a year. It took longer to answer the questions & have the prep work than it did to donate the blood. Came home & swam in the pool for a couple hours with my SIL.

My SIL was telling me she had a serious chat with Kathy the day before while they were down at the pool & Blaise was up here on the computer. She told her that she needs to step up to the plate & take over raising Blaise. That it's getting to be too much on me. It's not really, but it sounds good. I don't think Blaise will want to move, but he'll get use to it. She's stricter than us, and a younger parent has the energy to be that way. I guess her & Kody have already talked about it & are going to do shared custody once Kody moves into the Freeport school district. Corky isn't thrilled with this idea at all, but I told him this was always the plan. I'm not 100% sold on the idea either, but....

This morning I boxed up all the pies for tomorrow's farmers market and Josh has already pick them up since he was going to be out here at 9am. Showered & now I've got to get busy icing 7 doz cupcakes. Then I THINK I'm done baking for the day...I think. Have a wedding to go to. It's at 330....who gets married on a Friday afternoon? Best get back to work.

Have a good one all...will check back in later.

Comment

I don't know what happened but I was reading Friday and thought I was posting inFriday but it ended up in Thursday. No matter...I didn't have anything to say anyway!

Comment

Are the cyber gremlins back, Maxie?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I always check to see if I missed anything from the day before so I saw your post, maxie, and realized it is for today. I figured it was a test

It is another cool day here! It was 60* when I went out to feed the cat. I did not go swimming this morning. Yesterday the one school boy who went swimming told me it was much cooler!
              It was such a good day yesterday! 4 children and all seemed to get along and the weather was wonderful. I opened the sandbox and added more scoops and some (homemade) funnels and that just made them so happy! WE were outside much longer and ended up eating lunch at 1:30! Snack in the morning had been pretty big and no one wanted to come in and eat...I had to turn on the lights and start making noise to get them to wake up.

So, today is Friday and Monday starts the new toddler. I will be full and we willsee how long that lasts...daycare is not always a constant.
              Today should have one moer child than yesterday and hopefully as good as yesterday. The food will be leftover Whatever YOu Want day

My brother took my mom and the Dyson I bought for her up to REdding to be repaired. Remember, I said I gave it to her a couple of Christmases ago and she never told me she had some kind of problem with it,...she tends to think she needs to fiddle with things. anyway, the shop where it will be repaired is a sewimg machine and vacuum shop. they saw a $17,000.00 sewing machine!!!! Can you imagine!?

Jo, the time is getting to the final point and soon you will be tucked into the new place. Thank Heaven for all that great help!
              Beth, you will find ways to help others and do good because that is your nature. Keep smiling and enjoy the open schedule.
              Karlinann, I am going to HomeDepot to get a better pruner. Taking back the Walmart one. In my town the Walmart food prices are the lowest and always a busy day onSaturday but that is the day I have to shop...
              Cookielady, I loved seeing the photo on FAcebook with you and Becca!
              Aunt Maye, maybe Mike can have a talk with his dad about being there for you and doing what it takes (using the walker, etc) to stay at home for you...both sons can have the talk. Praying for you both!
              Sassygirl, so good to see you! You are another one that is so busy!
              Jostoy, I know you are busy and hope life in TH is settling into a nice routine. Not all work....Sometines as I am thinking of the changes I need around here I think What would my rounders do? Not trying to make fun of the WWJD? but asking the question to think of all the different ways of looking at a problem as I see you all work out the challenges you have. Work and having others close to call on as needed is a big help!

I hope you all have a great Friday! Maxie, I need to get a few freezer meals in place and your meatloaf sounds like a good place to start. I gave away the last frozen meal and that was oe of the reasons for having it,but I need some more!

Enjoy and stay well!

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, I am starting to see the light out the other end of the tunnel. I have a "haul away" coming tomorrow morning to take away all the landscape timbers that I've dug up, and old wood fencing that was taken down. Along with that is some tree logs about 2-2 1/2 foot long that the previous owners left me to take care of.

Only on here now as I have P.T. at 1, so better get going.

BTW I live in Fort Wayne.

• Aunt Maye
                Aunt Maye commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks Paula, what a great Idea... Mike will be happy to talk to his Father, and maybe he Can make him see how important it is NOT TO FALL.. the Walker is just a Tool,,if he uses it. he will be mobile, if he falls and breaks something "serious".. we are both in big trouble.. Thanks for putting the idea in my head!!!!

MAXIE'S FRIDAY POST that's on Thurs' by mistake:

Morning....already lost my first post. Hope it isn't going to be one of those days! But for now the sun is shining and it is going to be hot..no rain predicted but then it doesn;t need to be predicted to pour.

Andrew was by last evening and the guys swam. It was 7:30 before they ate. I know I ran out for McD's as requested but only because I did not have time to make a meatloaf like the kid called and ask for earlier. Told him he needs to call mornings if he wants a special meal and not late afternoon. And why did he want meatloaf of all things? Why not spaghetti? I would have been able to put out a spaghetti meal.

Did some grocery shopping...got my credit card bill in the mail and have decided to keep my butt home for a while. Yikes! But it was not all groceries and eating out. The new tv table is on it and some pool supplies that I should be reimbursed for.

Yesterday I got involved in an Alex Cross book and I read all afternoon. It is called Alec Cross's Trial and totally different from his other books....about life as a black in the old South. Why can't people get rid of that streak of hate?

Since I read most of the afternoon I really need to get something done this afternoon but I am betting I will sit and finish that book first. Jon is working this weekend so it will be quiet. Maye so sorry David fell. I would think the security of the cane alone would make him want to use it. Maybe it scared him enough to reconsider. Morning Karlinann, planning and working in your garden as usual. I am so happy you start us off each morning. Nice to know someone has been here bright and early.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day.

Comment

Thank you cookie! As you can see I had a few problems this morning what with losing a post then ending up in the wrong one. BUT...I had a fire light under me this morning...nothing like a hot day to lite me up! I finished the book, took a shower then cleaned the bathroom, ran the vac, cleaned the kitchen. Laundry going and two days of dried towels folded AND put away. I should pull some weeds but don;t want to overdo and what would I do if I got another burst of energy tomorrow? Ya know?

Beth are you teaching a food wrap class? I love wraps and had some I needed to bring home and rewrap or eat with a fork. Enjoy the summer...sounds like you are finding things to do. Paula I think I will make his meatloaf this weekend and freeze it. I can also freeze the potatoes ahead of time. In fact I had planned to make up meatloaf's and meatballs this summer for winter but thus far have not done a blasted thing. Cookie saw a recipe for a cream cheese lemon cake. Can you imagine? I would not need to cut it just grab a fork. Ok coffee break over. Laundry to haul up...it feels so good to have accomplished something and not have to force myself. Jo it id getting close for your move...you will be ready!

Comment

• bethina
                  bethina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I am teaching a small class on food wraps.

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sign me up for that class!
                  Maybe post pictures on Facebook???

good evening .
                really, good night .. I am ready for bed.. just stopped in to read. but thanks for the remarks about David and falling..
                ...Why are men so stubborn?.. I don't climb ladders anymore so any job requiring a ladder,, ( high part of windows.. top shelves of cupboards,,,etc.. ) I just don't do... I call in a grandkid. . OR just leave it and ignore.. he Walked into tell me about something on Tv.. made a turn and almost went down... no walker or cane in sight.. g rrrrrrrrr..

son and daughter in law arriving from Co. tomorrow evening for a week stay.. house ready.. now I will make an attitude adjustment ,,and hope for the best.. ha ha...

good to see all of you here... so many things we have and still do share.. I realize what a big part of my life you all have been.. keep typing one and all.. see you tomorrow ,

Comment

Working...
                X