Thursday, June 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, June 27

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday morning I went out at daybreak and did a days work. First I took the trash to the curb. Then I looked at the Zinnia's around the mailbox and decided to leave all that in place. The irrigation system seemed to perk them up and there are lots of little Vinca seedlings coming up in there already. Next, I took out the compost and decided to look at the plants on the bank and there was so much grass that had grown. I started pulling grass and weeds and a garbage can full later I was exhausted.

I saw a little Hummingbird in my garden. Oh joy!

After that we went shopping at Aldi's. I'm so glad dh is helping me again with that chore. It's so much easier. He drove and did not have any problems, but he wants me to go with him to PT this morning just in case he is not feeling up to driving home. No problem.

We started the 2000 piece puzzle called Cake Shed. It is a cake decorator's dream shed with everything to do with baking cakes except for an oven. There is a black lab looking in the door and a cat looking in the window. It's precious and I thought of you Cookielady. She even has a comfortable looking chair to sit in and it's purple. Love it!

I also started one of my Louise Penny books and she is a good writer. Thanks Aunt Maye.

Today is Yard Waste pick-up. I already have it out front, but I need to take it to the curb.

I finally broke down and bought some Aldi's potato salad and coleslaw and while it's ok I won't be getting any more of that. Those are two things we really love for summer and it's hard to beat homemade.

It was 96 degrees here yesterday late in the day. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 06-27-2019, 03:21 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Looks like it's going to be another sunny summer day.

Yesterday was good. Got all my dough that was mixed all rolled out for pies before leaving to meet Becca. We picked her up and had breakfast at Eat N Park before going to Aldi's & Sharp Shopper. Had a nice time & chat together. Came home & I had guests in the pool already. I came in and got my groceries put away before heading down myself. I didn't think I'd get into the water, but I did and it was wonderful. My niece stopped by on her way home from the dentist. It's so nice chatting with our adult kids now. Poor Blaise got in trouble with Kathy for splashing & doing cannon balls. Kathy ripped him a new one big time. She's starting to become him authority figure now.

I started the grill once they all left. I'm so glad I got a charcoal grill this time. Love the flavor. Mel called & needed some quick goodies...the frozen pies & a carrot cake. Got those delivered before getting our food put on the grill. It dumped rain for about 5 minutes...enough to stop Cork from going out for the evening & mowing. After dinner, I scooted over to Aunt J's to drop off the boxes of lard & filters. I told Cork I'd only be a few minutes. He laughed at that. It's NEVER just a few minutes with us. We had a nice chat. I spent my evening making 3 apple pies & two other fruit pies. 3 for Mel's and 2 for another person. Got the placed cleaned up and ready to go for today. I had enough of the lemon filling to make a mini baked lemon pie. Oh is it good!

This morning I've got a nice long list of what I hope to get accomplished. Theresa is coming around 9am. First thing we are doing is bagging up some of the frozen berries into 2 gallon bags. I then need to make some pie fillings. We've got cupcakes to ice & decorate. And more pie dough to make & roll out. A couple weeks ago I baked 6 carrot cakes thinking they'd last me for a while...nope...need to bake some of those too. I've got my list, and I'll plug along until I get it all accomplished...with or w/o help. Wished Sue was available. She's not being release to work until July 5th. I really could use her speed & organization. Theresa is still in the slow training stages. Sue & I can talk & work at the same time. We are a well oiled machine.

There is a blood drive at our church today. I usually forget, but I've written myself a note & since I have no Blaise, I'm going to go try and donate. Don't know if they'll accept my blood or not. Leftovers for dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to Saturday afternoon when I can finally relax...I hope. By then Blaise will be back....I think. He's been here twice this week, so we haven't gone w/o seeing each other.

(((JoG))) Sorry to hear you have another lose. Now who's daughter was this? Ellis'? Was she around to help you this past month?
    KA...a baking shed made of stainless steel would be nice. Just shut the doors at night, lock it with some soap, and have it self clean like a dishwasher. LOL! Doesn't that sound good?
    Bethina...was just teasing about you getting in trouble! LOL! If I don't keep busy, I munch while reading or watching TV.
    KA...my SIL brought gluten free pretzel sticks from Aldi's yesterday. They are REALLY good. Very buttery tasting.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie I knew you were teasing me...I just need to be more active and involved. If I am lot I find myself struggling with depression...anxiety and just general self doubt feelings and thats where I am right now. . Today I am going to the senior meal site to see about volunteering. That’s the only thing on my agenda.

Comment

Good morning.
        The weather promises to get to 105° today and tomorrow. Sizzling heat.
        Youngest DD returns with her hubby today. They are the best workers!

Yes, Cookie, the stepdaughter is from E’s first marriage. No, she wasn’t around to help...we have only been in touch by phone these last few years. But all she told us was that her back was bothering her...she had scoliosis. To think she used to be a model.

Yes, Beth, keep moving. It’s good for you. Plan something every day that includes walking around.

I need to get busy and start my day. There’s a deadline to meet this week.
        Have a great day, everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

A good sunny morning...going to be hot again...from here. Had a spot shower while we were home but I don;t think it rained here at all. Yesterday it thundered like crazy and the sun was shining. Jon had a doctor appointment so did join us for Mexican. It was the best meal. Sierra was in a great mood and talked and talked. Just needed to get her away from that guy but she is happy. Next week she will be coming here one night straight from work and we will eat and shop. They told her she did not have to dress up everyday so now she needs more casual type clothes. She needs clothes period! And her hair! She says she knows she needs a haircut and highlights but there always seems to be a bill. Well, isn't out little girl growing up! She looked so unkempt that I told her to make an appointment and I would pay for it...of course I will...I will even pay for a brow waxing. As long as she is letting herself go for the sake of bills I will help with her appearance. Ain't easy being an adult! She also said once the new girl is trained at work she will be changing jobs and go into training again herself. They are going to have her train under the trouble shooter where all the problems end up. It is more challenging and a promotion. She is very pleased because two girls who have been there longer were not chosen. She has been bored so obviously has caught on quickly. Her dad ask how her visit with her mom went and all she said was it nice to see her. I ask how the bf was feeling and she said he went back to work and being home sick is ridiculous and she told him to pull it together and get to work. Seems she will not allow malingering and/or wallowing. LOL! Sounds like she is going to grow that kid up too. I am actually proud of how she is handling this even though it has only been a month. She seems to have taken control. Suck it up...gotta laugh when she told him to suck it up.!! Looks like she is taking control and forcing him to grow up too. Maybe he will go back to his mommy? But probably not. Looks like our little girl is growing up and taking responsibility. Who'd a thunk it?

Might iron today but still need to clean. Also need groceries and a trip to walmart. Jon is off today and I know Andrew called and is coming by tonight. Sometimes his mom comes in and visits too. She does not bother me and we enjoy our conversations. She and Jon have always been friends and probably should never have hooked up but then there would be no Andrew and he is my baby boy. She is a much nicer person on her own but is seeing someone. Wish Jon would find someone but right now needs to get his health under control. He just cannot come to terms with how this diabetes is changing his life.

Jo so sorry about another loss in your life. Take care of yourself! Beth hope you find something to fill your summer. Remember to enjoy it. Cookie how do you keep doing all you do? Glad Kathy is taking on more parenting responsibilities but it may not be easy for her to take over with Blaise. He will still feel like he has parents and may not like the intrusion of another adult figure. But you will always be there for him because we are always there for them.

Some bug, gnat or fruit fly is flying around in here. No fruit so don't know where it came from but I am going to buy some today. Karlinann I buy the Amish potato salad from walmart and it is very good. I do miss Sierra being around because she was a great grocery hauler! Maybe I can get Jon to go out with me today but he adds to much stuff to the cart. Like taking a kid! I need a pedi but think it is to late for today. Fridays are busy for them and I do not have an appointment so looks like I will have to wait until Monday. Have a wonderful day everyone. Summer is finally here and I am loving it!!!!

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the Amish Potato Salad from Walmart too, but I don't shop at Walmart. They are very expensive here. I think they inflate all the prices because of all the 55 plus communities. All I know is that if I had to solely shop there we would go broke.

another day on my phone. My iPad has about given up and Becky does not have Google on hers and that is how I come here.

I was up later than usual and then busy this morning.
          my Brother arrived very late and still walked over this morning! He had a calendar for me and Disney pirate maps for the kids. He said he has other things for me too big to carry!

it is so cool this morning! Like 60*! I will take it!

he asked me right off if my To Do list as ready! Will try and give him time to adjust to the time change but he was doing great today! It is just under 1/2 mile from my mom’s to my house.

Vincas and marigolds are on my list, KA.
          Mil, we will all be so happy for you hen you are settled into your new home.
          Beth, you have a heart of gold for allyou do for others and your family.
          donna, too bad you can’t ship the wonderful cooking aromas!
          Gotta go. Toddler is acting up!

Comment

Hello everyone..
            It was cool this morning..
            It will be in the 90's..
            I have few friends that Google..They do not..
            Let everyone know ..I am here..Working on Adult bib & tote bag..For my mother best friend..I hope she will like it..I try to put in pink..
            Like girl power..We can beat this..Cancer....

Comment

good late evening

going to be short ,my eyelids are drooping.. David is still sleeping too much in daytime ,( thus, he gets up at 2-3 am .and generally wakes me.) I try to stay in be but eventually give up and get up.. so by now, I'm ready to go to bed.

good day today...Karen ,and her two daughters came to help "clean".. ..they did windows. ran sweeper. wash down the doors and doorways.. eliminated any cobwebs.. Now all I need is a Cook .... son Mike will be here Sat EVening, stay for 8 days.

David had a fall yesterday.. hit his wrist really hard. Thank God, did not break..He was NOT using his walker. or cane at the time.. I was not a happy person..I know using them is "not Manly looking"... but I won't be able to have him at home if he breaks any bones.. I need help just to keep the house ,yard running ok.. these 80's are really getting tough...

Hi Sassygirl .. good to see you.
              Karlin, I love flowers ,but can't bend over to take care of them or their ground..Karen got me a "box".waist high. ,approx 6'x3 .and about 1 1/2 ft. deep.. sets on the deck. full of smaller type flowers.. wonderful.. just the thing.I can take care of and enjoy.
              Hi to you all.. time to head toward the bed.. see you later.

Comment

Sorry about David, Maye. Tell him that back in the day there were very distinguished gentlemen who used canes.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning....already lost my first post. Hope it isn't going to be one of those days! But for now the sun is shining and it is going to be hot..no rain predicted but then it doesn;t need to be predicted to pour.

Andrew was by last evening and the guys swam. It was 7:30 before they ate. I know I ran out for McD's as requested but only because I did not have time to make a meatloaf like the kid called and ask for earlier. Told him he needs to call mornings if he wants a special meal and not late afternoon. And why did he want meatloaf of all things? Why not spaghetti? I would have been able to put out a spaghetti meal.

Did some grocery shopping...got my credit card bill in the mail and have decided to keep my butt home for a while. Yikes! But it was not all groceries and eating out. The new tv table is on it and some pool supplies that I should be reimbursed for.

Yesterday I got involved in an Alex Cross book and I read all afternoon. It is called Alec Cross's Trial and totally different from his other books....about life as a black in the old South. Why can't people get rid of that streak of hate?

Since I read most of the afternoon I really need to get something done this afternoon but I am betting I will sit and finish that book first. Jon is working this weekend so it will be quiet. Maye so sorry David fell. I would think the security of the cane alone would make him want to use it. Maybe it scared him enough to reconsider. Morning Karlinann, planning and working in your garden as usual. I am so happy you start us off each morning. Nice to know someone has been here bright and early.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day.

Comment

Working...
                  X