Wednesday, June 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, June 26

Good morning Rounders! It's trash day once again and I'll have 2 cans this week. All 3 of the post surgery boots are going in the trash! Hurray! They are big and fill a whole trash bag. Glad to see them go bye-bye.

I got a 2000 piece puzzle this time and that is what I'll be doing next. It covers our whole table cuz we've done them before. Fun!

This morning I have a project to do before the sun comes up. I can't get any Zinnia's to live around the mailbox so I'm putting Vinca's in that area today and removing the pavers from around it. I don't know why my plants are not growing around that mailbox this year, but they are just not thriving. Dag nab it!

My joints have been killing me and we haven't had rain for a week. I guess it's all the bending and stretching. I am pretty sure the rain is back tomorrow though and it will be welcome. The grass is starting to dry out again and I had to turn the irrigation system back on.

I heard on the David Muir report that drinking coffee can help you lose weight. Maybe that is why I've lost some weight. I've been drinking extra coffee per day for quite awhile to help me to stay up later, but it's really not working in that respect. LOL!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning going for the pedicure I should have gotten yesterday. This evening I am going swimming.

Yesterday I had my uniform fitting for work. Next Thursday I am going to help for a couple hours with a friend from work. We are going to help with a homeless ministry of one of the churches. The homeless come there for a shower. While they are showering my friend washes their clothes. Tomorrow I am going to see if I can help at senior adult meal site a couple days a week. All of this will keep me out of trouble I hope.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a perfect summer day....sun & heat.

Yesterday was good. Theresa came, we got cupcakes made & ready for decorating. That'll be done tomorrow. We then headed out for lunch. Picked up Sue and then we headed to the Oakmont Bakery. I've heard of it for years. People pay BIG money for their goodies. They also serve some real food in a little café area. I had the chicken salad sandwich w/fries. Those fries were GREAT! I'm a fry lover. We then checked out all the baked goodies. I got a couple things. One LITTLE Danish & I mean little, was $1.75 EACH. Holy fright! It was so good though. I want to learn how to make them. We then stopped at Stovers to pick up my frozen berries and lard. I'm now ready for pie season!

Kathy & Blaise then arrived. Kathy worked on the pool. She got it looking fantastic. It's ready to be used by everyone. I ended up taking Blaise to karate while she finished up doing that. I spent most of the evening icing more sugar cookie graduation caps. I had extra dough from the other day's orders, so I just made it all up into caps & will take them to my cousin's party next weekend. They have 2 daughters graduating...one from HS and one from college.

I sent a text to Kody's Dad letting him know his son has stepped up to the plate & being a good Dad now. He was so glad to hear that. It warms a parent's heart to hear good things about their kid. Now I've been given very clear instructions to not communicate with Kody's Mom. No worries there. Haven't heard from her in 7 years. I use to send pictures, but ya know if you never respond, I quit.

This morning Becca is having her car inspected at the dealership she bought her car. So Mom & I are going to pick her up while that's being done & go have a late breakfast. I need to pick up a few groceries.
      Then it's home to roll pie dough. My SIL might be coming to swim. I'll visit with her awhile. I really should make dinner tonight since it was kind of forgotten last night. Think I might grill.

So Bethina...you've been getting into trouble lately? LOL! KA...now that your husband is driving again, could you get that MRI? (((JoG))) Just think, next week at this time you'll be surrounded by boxes in a new location.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably not. I'm just going to let it ride for now.

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Not exactly trouble cookie...I just need to occupy my time so I don’t just eat and sleep.

Morning! Yesterday was a perfect summer day here Cookie, too! And today should be a repeat...finally summer! I was to tired yesterday to go outside much but seeing the sun shine in the windows and no clouds in the sky was good for my mood. For whoever ask the other day, I had to pool sit because the homeowners insurance will not cover anything pool related on the pool because the house is empty. My bil is paranoid over the entire thing and did not want the pool opened but the buyers insisted and the realtor paid for the opening. However, said bil has not slept on the floor in the empty house because he has to work. Plus he is mad that my sister agreed to the opening. So she has been there a week and had surgery yesterday so I went Monday but he was suppose to do it last night and she will be back Wednesday and Thursday with closing on Friday. It takes a village sometime to get something completed but sometimes it is an inconvenience! I went to bed last night at 7:00 and didn't wake until 6:00 this morning. I love my own bed and I did not have to crawl around on the floor to get up from it....lol!

Today I have laundry and should clean house but Sierra has already texted and ask me to come to dinner. Actually she ask me to take her for Mexican tonight..my treat! He works late on Wednesday and he should be working double time since he has been 'sick' since Saturday and missed two days of work. Funny this prolonged illness matched the time mommy dearest was home and they had plans with that side of the family. Wonder what I have to do to get him to get sick on visiting days here? I know I am horrible and a broken record on this guy but I just hate him so much and maybe the guy at the door asking about my religion is right and I may not be getting into heaven. Doomed by a degenerate!

But back to my normal thoughts...that kid sets me off. Today I will do laundry and must clean the kitchen floor. Looks like a peanut bar in there. I can clean first then shower since I am taking my granddaughter out later. Her father may not join us. But then again if I am picking up the bill he just may! Beth, what type of trouble you in? Make sure it is something fun! Karlinann how wonderful to have your driver back. People are crazy out there on the highways. I cannot think of anything better than braces and boots to fill a trash can. It has been a long time healing. Cookie how nice to have Kathy doing to pool work for you. No one has been in ours all summer but it does look nice and clear. This is really the first week of warm weather we will be experiencing. A warm fresh peach pie sounded so good the other day. Yum!

Well, I am off to do something but that may be having another cup of coffee first. amazing what a little sun and warm will do for your mood! Have a great day everyone!!!

Comment

I am on my phone so please bear with me!
        your days sound busy and fun!

i made waffles this morning and that means making all of them before the kids get here. So that is why I ran too late on time. I dusted while waiting for the waffles. I have two Mickey Mouse waffle makers so now now I am set. Leftovers are frozen and used another time.

i will pop in later but kids are needing more if everything right now!

Comment

Sad news. I just got word that one of our stepdaughter’s died. I didn’t get all the details, but her son will give me details later.
          i didn’t expect this!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, JoGee, so sorry.

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh. I am so sorry. Jo

Hello everyone..
          I know i been out for little while..One my mother best friend has Breast Cancer..
          I been working on quilt for her....My mother best friend will go to see the doctor next week..For surgery..
          My mother best friend..She thought she was alone...I told her everything will be "OK"..You have friends..
          And we can get pink wigs..lol..My mother best friend laugh..

Comment

It is really weird to get robo call’s from E’s cell phone, which is no longer in use. It certainly isn’t him on the other end. My DD says according to Twilight Zone, that is a good thing.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X