Tuesday, June 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, June 25

Good morning Rounders! I have great news! DH has been released to drive. He is released from the ankle brace and she is ordering a different kind of Orthotics for him to wear inside his shoes. He is not released from PT yet, but only 4 or 5 visits left. He is happy and I'm happy. He drove us to our library yesterday and we got puzzles and books. Baby steps! He is doing great.

I picked up one of the occult blood in stool test packs from my pcp and guess what? It didn't have the test card, the most important thing. I'll pick up another one tomorrow when we go to Aldi's.

This house needs a good cleaning. Wish I had a magic wand. If I did I'd be zapping that wand all around this place. Ugh! I just don't want to clean anymore.

I have a bit of garden work to do this morning. The Eucalyptus will get a bigger pot and fresh potting mix and all the Forget Me Nots that are around it will go into the garden. It will stay in the Lanai because it can't tolerate the brutal sun. It's an annual and I've had it 2 yrs.

Aunt Maye I found several Louise Penny novels at our library and I'm going to give her a try after I finish the Charles Todd book I'm currently reading. Thanks for telling me about her.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning ,
    Karlin try to get the earliest book you can of Ms Pennys.. each book is self standing but main characters are easier to understand in later books if you meet them earlier.. ...Her books are "clean" books .. no deliberate sexy sex scenes.. happy hunting and reading her.

HEY , I"m still in the neighborhood........it seems everytime I start typing on here.. my "patient".. needs something.. I will now appreciate those peope who work as caregivers to some elderly person....it doesn't seem like much "work"... but my guy keeps me hopping... somehow he knows when I have set down to rest... He is trying to staying active.. by moving about the house a lot.. good idea, but he is
    not always using a cane or walker.. and that's bad... his balance and equilibrium is so bad that he's going to fall one of those reckless moments.. sooo... he is sleeping right now..... he was at Dr. pcp today.. and he did finally order him stronger pain med.. I guess I should quit grumbling... he is only doing what he can do . and it must be so frustrating to him to not be in control... ..... so I will be thankful for life as it is right at the moment.

hope to get some cleaning done today.. company gets here Sat. evening..to spend the week..

will check in later to see what everyone is doing...

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Bless you! Yes, you can now add Patient Sitter, Patient Caregiver, and Patient as an Angel to your life resume!

Good Morning! Boy did it RAIN last evening & into the night. We were fortunate to not lose our power as others not far from us did.

Yesterday was good. Becca breezed thru her removal of her 4 wisdom teeth. All 4 were grown in. She was eating regular food by lunchtime. Headed back home here around 330. Took me a while to get my energy & get motivated. Caught up with all my correspondences, then made dinner. I had leftover sugar cookie dough in the refrig, so I made 5 doz grad caps. Most will go to my cousin's for her daughters' grad party/4th of July party coming up next weekend. Can't believe it's going to be the 4th of July already. That usually signals the middle of summer, and summer hasn't even got started yet.

Kathy called last night so that Blaise could tell me goodnight. We joked around like we usually do. Kathy then told me that I spoil that child. LOL! Isn't that what grandparents are suppose to do? I think it's funny he's doing what she did, and she doesn't like it one bit. The pot calling the kettle black. She informed me that he's going to learn to eat what's put in front of him. Fine. Go for it. I did that with my girls. I've tried that with him, and there are certain things he'll gobble up. I understand not liking something & not wanting to eat it, but it's his attitude about it that gets me all mad. I said it doesn't help that his grandfather is the same way....picky and mutters when he doesn't like something or refuses to eat it. That's why I sometimes make 3 different things. Blaise wants absolutely plain things, Cork wants just chicken & veggies, and occasionally I just want a casserole.

This morning Theresa is coming to work. We are then heading towards Pittsburgh to go to lunch at the famous Oakmont Bakery that everyone talks about around here. People will travel for miles to get their stuff. We invited Sue, but she's busy. On our way home, we are going to stop at Stover's and get my supply of frozen berries and 100lb of lard. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Think I might pop over and visit my Mom.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning on my calendar a pedicure. A work meeting. Nothing else

Comment

Good morning, everyone. ☕️

One more medical exam today, plus another referral. Earlier appointment today, so I hope I’m out earlier.
        Still have much to do, but more hopeful of leaving here on the target date. I may have to come back one day to get the big pieces of furniture taken away, hauled off. Then everything else is in the realtor’s hands.
        My ride will be here soon. Im already winded from taking out the trash bins....my neighbors have been doing it for me, so I guess they forgot.

It’s going to be sunny and dry today. The weather report says there’s a chance of rain sometime next week. They’re guessing. We also are scheduled to see a couple days of 106° this weekend.

Hope you have a warm, lovely day, ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Sunny and dry here, too. It has been breezy which makes outside time feel good and our temperatures are actually going down this week!

I was up to go swimming this morning and then got the living room floor cleaned while I was waiting for Becky to finish in the shower. We have 1 full bath and a half bath, so we have a schedule for the shower on the week days. Works well and she is out the door already.

Donna, I understand different tastes for different people: our four kids were all different and had their own likes and dislikes. In my Mother's Day gift, a plaque with 10 Things I love About Mom, Stuart included in his ten things how I always made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when he didn't like what we were eating for dinner. (And I thought they didn't notice!) It just didn't bother me.
          When my brother is here I will be making enchiladas and hoping he makes his great carbonara. He lived in Italy for 2 years and learned some good cooking! I prefer my lasagna to anyone's but I really love not having to cook so we will see what all he wants to do.

For the 4th it will be jus the 4 of us but I am going to make the whole picnic bbq style food we always had when we had a bigger bunch.
          My friend always made her wonderful zucchini bread (no matter how hot it was outside) and since she passed away from cancer in 2001, I have made it and tried to not complain about the oven in the summer.
          So I really admire you, Donna, for the way you bake all the time and never complain!

I need to go change out the laundry load: towels are an everyday thing around here. ANd daycare bedding...

Take care and stay hydrated.
          I forgot about all the extras our libraries have besides books and tonight I plan on going to ours for some kids activities...themed boxes with science or other things and books and games.

Love sitting here with all of you and hope you are all well.

Comment

good afternoon everyone. It has been a circus around here lately. On Saturday I lost power and I didn’t have a clue what day it was. I thought it was Saturday evening and it turned out it was Sunday morning at 5:30 and I called my friend in New York. Luckily she loves me and understood I was disoriented. LOL

I have been having a go round with my pulmonary doctor trying to get a stat CT scan set up. I finally gave up and went through the Augusta imaging Center. I now have a CT scan set up for Thursday. My pulmonary doctors office tried to tell me I needed to have a prep before I had my CT scan. I thought that was ridiculous. It turns out it was ridiculous. I do not need to have a prep things are just really weird.

One bright spot was that a few of my friends and I took one of our priest to dinner last night at Longhorns. We really had a good time. I just could not believe how exhausted I was. Having a blood clot really is no fun.

Today is the first day that it hasn’t rained buckets in a long time. I have gotten drowned several times in the past few days. We really do not need any more rain.

JoG I am so sorry that you are going through so much. And I hate that your temperatures are in the triple digits. I can’t breathe when the temperatures are in the 90s here. How is Ellis doing?

I hope everybody has a wonderful day. I’m going to. Alexa just told me that it’s not going to rain at least today tomorrow and Thursday! I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. LOL
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Hi Punkin. Ellis passed away in late April. I’m still working my way through that stress, while I’m moving to a small Senior apartment.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X