Wednesday, June 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, June 19

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was the slowest day. We went to our dental appt., yes we both had one at the same time. There was no receptionist at the front desk. So we waited for a few minutes. Then we kept hearing voices in the back. There were 2 other ladies in the waiting room. I said it sounded like they were having a meeting. We waited a bit more and one of the ladies put her clipboard down on the front desk and kind of dropped it and made a noise and was sorry and I told her that was okay, that maybe it would get some attention out there. No, they still didn't come out. That did it. I got up and hollered back there. Hey, we're here for our appt., where are you. Is anybody here? A new girl came out and said we're having a meeting and it will be just a few minutes. I said how many minutes. She said just a few. I said I'm here for an 8 am appt. and I'm not waiting. That brought everybody out of the meeting and they took us back. I asked my dh what were you going to do, Wait for them? He said he was getting ready to leave. No, you don't leave. You have an appt. and you're the paying customer. If they want to have their meeting they should all get there at 7:45 and get the mtg over before the doors open. I was so upset and I don't think I'll be going back to them. DH could not get a cleaning due to his surgery. It hasn't been long enough. I will probably have to find another dentist. I may have to go out of town to the dental school. It would probably be way less expensive too. So maybe this happened for a reason.

Since dh couldn't get his routine cleaning he walked over to the Publix pharmacy to pick up his Rx. Guess what? They don't open until 9 am, plus they couldn't get the cage open, the code wouldn't work. My dh had to not only wait an hour, and walk over there, but he had to wait on them to call someone to open the cage. He was exhausted. I should have just left when he did. You see, he can't drive yet and that was a hardship for him. That is why I asked the hygienist to hurry so I could get over there and check on him. Yes, I'm now convinced that appt. was not meant to be.

Okay, I've got great news. All this rain has made about a hundred or so Vinca's pop up and I think I saw more Zinnia's popping too. Yippee ki yi ay! It's going to be bloomin' around here soon. I signed up for The National Gardening Association at www.garden.org and I now have a way to look up plants, flowers, weeds and anything related to gardening and plants. They have hundreds of garden forums and you get to look at all the pretty pictures people take of their gardens. I found out what my mystery plant is too. It's a Euphorbia. Who knew! I love having all that gardening info at my fingertips. Most of the posters on the garden forums are so intelligent that I've never heard of some of the words they use, but when you know what works for your garden you can definitely pass on some tried and true info. I did and they have given me a bunch of "Thumbs Up". It's fun.

I finished my book yesterday and started another one by the same author. Charles Todd, he's a good one. He is another British writer and the main character is an Inspector for Scotland Yard.

We had the Black & Blue salad for dinner without the Blue and omg was that good. That steak melted in your mouth. Yum!

Today is Aldi's shopping. I need to dust this house if I feel so inclined. During the weekend 4 dead Palm fronds came down. One just missed a plant of my neighbors very near our property line. She would have been upset if it had destroyed her new plant. It's amazing how far the wind carries those heavy palm fronds.

I still haven't heard from the MRI place, or my pcp, but I did call the PM doc's office and found out they have to have the MRI before they can give injections. So, at least I can get the injections before I see an Ortho doc. That will be my last resort, next year.

That's about it for me. I'm going to go make some grits and bacon. Peace & Plenty.

I've
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...bowling with friends this morning..church this evening.

Comment

Morning! Wow Karlinann your energy is showing in your writing this morning. You sound ready to get up and start the day. I understand about those 'meetings' that leave you waiting. I would have either waited and been mad or walked out and not gotten the service I was there for. You made sure you got attention. I have learned that sometimes the doctor and/or manager have no idea clients/patients have been left sitting. It is rude!

Scattered showers missed us yesterday and it did warm and get humid in the afternoon. Today we are under a severe thunderstorm watch for this afternoon with heavy rain and winds possible. I really need to get up and shower and hit the road. I am very low on laundry detergent! I am the type of person that when you open the last bottle of anything you put it on the store list. For some reason, and I bet I know who, someone picked up the store list and cherry picked what they bought without putting it back on another list. If it is on the list it should be bought with the rest of the groceries if you are the person shopping. Right? Listen, I have bought some strange things that have appeared on the list and things I never would use, ya know?

Our visit with Sierra was nice. She and her dad both came in at the same time from different doors. She is looking forward to seeing her mom so I hope that goes well. Breakfast was a success...we do like breakfast for supper. I forgot to watch the ballgame last night but heard we lost. Was asleep by 9 last night and slept til 4 this morning. You would think I would be brimming with energy this morning...maybe I am, to early to tell.

Karlinann I wish I had half the excitement and joy you get from your garden. Good for you joining a plant group.

Gotta get moving. Have a wonderful day and everyone gets rain but us...had enough!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
        Wow, your dental office was way off track, Karlinann. I bet their work would be as bad as my last dental experience. I still think they tried to sell me someone else’s dentures. Terrible work!

Yesterday we spent the entire afternoon at a lawyers office. He went through a lot of papers for me.
        he was such a nice guy. I got my will updated there. And he cautioned me about a portion of my Senior Living home contract...... the arbitration clauses in particular. DD will be taking me there today I think, to discuss the contract. It takes away Senior rights, basically, if there is a serious problem.

tomorrow, a realtor will stop by in the morning. This guy who we had done business with is previously, is actually in Phoenix, but he recommended a ‘top agent’ in Tucson in that company. But he had sold our house in Phoenix previously, and later was the agent for my DD as well, so now he’s still helping us again.

Yesterday eldest DD came by to get stuff.....again, filling her car to the max. That was fine, I needed to be rid of it. But she came back in while other DD was closing up the garage, and stood over me, asking questions, cutting me off when she didn’t hear what she wanted to, but really shut up quickly when other DD came back inside. But I’d stood my ground. By then I had a headache. So the word will be going through the family to not let her be alone with me. She is a bully.

So thats my current happenings and agenda.
        The weather here remains dry and hot.

Hope your day is a super-duper one.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! good to have the lawyer go over your contract! Take care of you, Jo!

I got to bed by 9:00 but could not get up at 4:00 this morning so I said to myself I will swim after daycare...not always easy to do because today I have last minute things to get ready for a visit tomorrow by a prospective parent. She was referred by two friends and is from the daycare that got shut down. If I had not taken my name off the referral list I would be getting more calls, I am pretty sure, but people still manage to find me. and whatever happens will be ok. My part time chld that used to be full time and has gone back and forth with "we will be here three days a week to now just Monday and Friday so she can swim with her friends..." will be the one I have to tell that July will be her last part time and I am filling her place with a full time. The child is sweet but runs the house. It will be probably helpful to just give the mother a way out and go to preschool fulltime. When that option to the parent is their first choice (for whatever reason) it makes me go into emotional distance with them. It is a scheduling thing with them and they want the longest hours available and for no good reason like work schedule...just not wanting to pick up their child when they can. I am not sure if it a mellenial thing or what. But it is definitely happening way more than it has in the past.

Ok, not a rant, but just letting off steam.
        I turned on the tv without sound so as to see the graphic for the weather today. Hot and not as hot as it could be, so that is all I need to know. I ordered a small inflatable pool and had to YouTube how to inflate it. Nothing came with it and it did not say I needed anything when I ordered it, but I found a few videos all saying the same thing about using your hair dryer and a plastic water bottle to do it. I amfor sure waiting till after the visit tomorrow to start doing it. If all else fails, my NASA brother will be out on the 27th for 2 weeks and I will get him to do it. But I am going to channel my best Can Do buddies here and get it done!

I had two trash cans picked up and now I am ready to start filling again. It takes me a bit to get into the get it done mode, but after visiting my son it feels right to jump in. I took a photo of the guest room to keep myself motivated for how I want my room to look.

I hope we all can get our energy one like Karlinann has. And speak up as needed.
        Meetings should always have an agenda and not allowed to go off and a start time and an End time! I would think they had a camera to see what is going on in the front office. No excuse for such poor client/patient respect!

Take care and do what it takes to stay happy!

Comment

Working...
        X