Tuesday, June 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, June 18

Good morning Rounders! We got rain yesterday evening. Doing the happy dance. I've seen more Vinca's popping up, but they are so tiny. It will take them awhile to grow and bloom, but the rain will make that happen. They are self sowers and you know how some people plant the Impatien's en masse, well that is what happens when you plant Vinca. It drops seed and the next year you will have hundreds of plants to pop up. The thing to do is to plant them all over the place and just let them go.

I told my neighbor about the poisonous Angel Trumpet, but she said her dog didn't eat plants like that and she is not worried. Whatever!

I called my pcp and asked for the referral for the OT, but they didn't call me back yet. Maybe today. We both have dental check-ups this morning. Ugh!

I made French Onion Soup for dinner and it was so good. I think tonight will be Black & Blue Salad, but I don't have any Blue Cheese Dressing. Shucks. Maybe just steak and salad.

I will put the trash at the curb tonight. I'm almost finished with my book and DH is finishing up the puzzle. That's what's happening in our neck of the woods. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning....nothing happening from around here. The sun is out for a minute but scattered storms predicted for later. Weather guy said out of the last 17 weekends we have had rain 16 of them. Yesterday we had no sun, rain and a high of 71*...in june! Not much of a summer around here yet.

Sierra has already texted bright and early that if she was not needed at McD's she would be by for supper. It will be nice to have her drop by alone even though she is killing time but a maybe I will and maybe I won't does not make meal planning easy especially if cooking was not on your list of things to do today. What I need to do is run home to do some banking, get gas, run into the grocery for asiago and stop by the dollar store for laundry detergent. Guess I can still do all that if I get moving. That means drink coffee faster! Jon is back to work today so I can't push cooking off on him. Bummer...the one time I needed him!

I have been piddling around here. Straightened the linen closet and put my clothes away. Changed my bed. I seem to work at things but never finish things. And just why are there so many things that I need to do? I have two books started Karlinann, one is a real stinker and the other seems to be starting out ok but I am also not in the mood to read. I don't think we have started our summer schedule just yet...and I have lost all interest in the yard work. It is constant weeds and bugs with this darn weather. The yard only looks freshly cut for one day with all the rain so you cannot even enjoy that. The leaves on the tomato plants are curling in and google says it could be inconsistent watering. Can't fix that so wonder if we will get a tomato?

Well, I do have things I need to do. If we do breakfast for supper everyone pitches in. In fact I think that is one reason I like cooking breakfast for supper. Even Andrew would come in and flip pancakes...guess I'll have to flip my own tonight. Have a wonderful day all of you...hope it rains where it is needed and sun shines HERE!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      Just checking in this morning. Just another day here packing stuff, same hot temperature, etc. Hope you all have a super-duper day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good Tuesday! It is starting out great: I got up at 4:30 (thanks to going to bed by 8:00pm) and went swimming for 20 minutes. Rfreshing and then I was ready to hit the shower and get moving. I cleaned off the bedside table and the "stacking area" next to it (you can only stack so high on the table if you want to turn on the light) and half way did that job, so maxie, I am in leagues with you...I did fill some space in a garbage bag and have a few purses to decide where to store or if to store! The one I really like for the way it has different compartments and all is black leather and just doesn't look summer to me. but it also doesn't say "go buy another one" either...maybe if I listen harder?

My yard is giving me nothing but grief and I am struggling to stay positive and patient. And struggling to not give up on the sprinklers. And not get crazy over what I have paid!
        Ok, I have cooled down a notch...

We are into Hot weather and that is all I will say.

going to put in some laundry now and figure out what to feed the kids for lunch. Breakfast is Mickey Mouse waffles. One of my pickiest won't be here today.

I took the sheers down in the daycare room to wash and decided I like the room better without them. I have sunscreens on the windows and that helps in keeping it cool and without the sheers it seems to enlarge the space. I like seeing the trees in the neighbor's yard.

I hope you all have a good day. Stay hydrated out there, Karlinann and all who venture out. I guess if you are getting rain you will be hydrated...

Comment

Good morning not much on my agenda for today.

yesterday was good..

Comment

Afternoon! Where's the rest of the gang? My excuse was I was working all morning & my new helper started.

Yesterday was good. Once I got Blaise to day camp, I came home piddled around. Made 8 cream pies. Met my SIL for lunch at Mel's...her first time. Got the crusts made before meeting her and then came home from lunch and filled them. I needed more of them premade for the freezer, but didn't have the supplies. Left early to hit up Aldi's for those supplies before picking up Blaise. Of course I had to hit a bunch of red lights. Squeaked in there right at 4pm, but couldn't find him where I dropped him off...he was on the other side. He was worried I forgot him. Had leftovers for dinner and then off to karate. It was the late evening one & we didn't get home until almost 8pm. I read all evening & went to bed early.

This morning my new helper was starting, and I always get nervous with a new person being in my kitchen. Stopped at DG to get SOS pads, a new broom & dust pan, and new scrubbies. Had the kitchen looking presentable. We then made 10 more cream pies from start to finish in 2 1/2 hrs. She'll get quicker. I've got her coming for a couple hours tomorrow again & maybe Thurs morning. Good time to get her trained before the busy season. She's already found a possible craft show to take my stuff to. That's her desire for me/us. She has to do the leg work, and work the event.

I need to mix up some cookie dough & pie dough. Have to start getting my thoughts for the farmers market organized.

Have a good one all! Maxie...how do you know she won't be bringing the BF with her? Does he work?

Comment

Yes she is coming alone straight from work and since she is not working McD's tonight and he is working she did not want to be home alone. Heck, I would think living with him would be like living alone since he is so self centered. But I say nothing and am grateful to get her alone. Mommy dearest is coming to visit Friday for a few days from Minnesota. We won't see her but we won't see Sierra either so this is nice.

I made my bed and did a couple of loads of laundry. Talked with my sister a long time. She is camping at the old house since they had to open the pool and my bil refuses to leave the house empty with an open pool. He would not even open it and the realtor insisted and paid for the opening. So my poor sister took the dog and her sleeping bag. They close next week thank goodness.

Tomorrow I will drive back home for sure. Sun is gone but it did get humid. Ballgame tonight...doesn't sound near as exciting as 'hockey tonight' does it? Believe me it isn't either!

You people are all so busy and productive. Maybe that will be me tomorrow...or maybe not. LOL!

Comment

Working...
              X