Thursday, March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, March 21

Good morning Rounders! I just went outside and saw the last Supermoon of 2019. Boy is it super big, and close to the earth. Everything on our street is lit up like Christmas. Oops! Sorry Aunt Maye.

I was wrong about the Sago Palms. They are not dead and I'm not moving them. I had a neighbor over and mentioned that I was thinking they were dying and we both went out front and looked at them and I noticed right in the center they are getting new growth. She said hers looked like that once and she cut them back to the ground and they came back. Hers are over my head and look beautiful now. She brought me over some food made especially for palms. Wasn't that sweet? So I put food on all my palms, I think there are 10 left and I'll be patient and let them grow. After all they are a prehistoric plant.

I ended up not going to Aldi's. DH said we didn't need the shower spray. He practiced showering with his leg out of the shower and it didn't get wet so maybe he will be ok. I'm just not so sure about the pivoting he is going to have to do in order to get in and out of the shower, but he is adamant about it.

I have only had one California Poppy to bloom so far. It is not a good year for them here. I don't know what went wrong, but I sowed the seed and it didn't come up. I think the ground moles must have eaten my seed. Those varmints. I bet they eat all of my seeds that I sow cuz all those other seeds I sowed in the garden are not coming up, but what is coming up is the seeds that dropped off the plants from last year. This year I will just leave the CP seeds alone. I do have a few plants here and there that have not bloomed yet.

I don't have any plans today except to gas up the car and stop at the thrift shop. I know I won't be able to go shopping after the Sx and anyway it's going to start getting hot and I won't want to get out too much. All of DH's F/U appts. are in the afternoon except for one. The poor man has to go from midnight on the 27th to 1 pm surgery time without food or water. He is diabetic and I am worried about him. Why can't she do Sx in the morning? If he bottoms out on me I'll have to call 911. He has come close before and he's never had to wait this long without eating or drinking water. Like I said, I'm worried. After discussing this with DH this morning he seems to think he'll be ok if we eat at 11 pm and have a good protein like steak and some brown rice. Maybe I'm over reacting.

That's it for me. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 03-21-2019, 08:06 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning work yesterday was ok. I am ready for my week end.

Comment

Morning! Typing on my new computer. Sierra finished doing her thing on it last night. Naturally I did not know my passwords so she set up new ones and then put them in my phone so I wouldn't forget them. It was so easy for her and here I could not understand what they wanted. I do know I have to get this font bigger or go blind!!

Off and on sun for today and rain tonight but mild temps. Maybe the back of winter has been broken. Jon is going to grill something tonight. Andrew had a great dentist appointment and will not need braces. Saturday he has an appointment with the eye doctor so lets hope he gets the same good news. Jon is working this weekend so Mom will deal with that. I need to make myself an appointment.

Have things to do today...never did look at rugs yesterday so guess I'll just wash these. Going to look up the vac Karlinann recommended. Those docs have all your hubby's info and will monitor him. Don't worry. With Sierra wearing dress clothes 3 days a week I now have another load of laundry for her tops. Just what I need...another load of laundry! Think I will make another cup of coffee before starting in..if I do not do something with that kitchen floor it is going to grow things to eat us!

Have a wonderful day people!

Comment

Good morning! I just got a package ready in record time for Becky to take to the post office today. She has some errands for my mom and has to go to Chico for some school related things.
        Last Friday when I had an activity with the younger girls at church and we made fleece dog blankets?
        Well, a picture of a dog came up on our groups's facebook page asking for a blanket and I knew this was the blanket for this sweet dog. She will be big and it will be a great comfy one for her.

I am tryingto be positive and not give into the negative stuff today. So far, I resisted reading a news (?) post that came up when I got to my home page and I am adjusting my attitude about some things that I let upset me yesterday. I need to work on my frustration with this ink color changing back to black, too!

I was up early enough this morning (ya! I got it to go blue again) and now have time to start a wash I need done. Those throw rugs sure get dirty quickly with the rain we keep having. Today is not a rain day, but since yesterday was it is really messy outside. I will hope that by 11:00 am we can go out for a bit. The kids just need to get out and run.

I hope you all are finding some fun things to do with all the work you are doing. Bless you all! With sunshine, health and a positive attitude!

Comment

Good Morning! No sunshine. But the birds are chirping away.

Yesterday was good. Went with Mom to her Neuro appt. Then off to lunch at Arby's. Returned the rugs & such we got her last week for her newly remodeled bathroom. She brought a color swatch this time & we got items that matched it. Quick stop at Aldi's. She was so ready to head home, but the Neuro doctor gave her a paper to get a handicap plaque so we stopped to get it notarized. Funny thing....we couldn't find my car in the WM parking lot. We wondered around & around with me pressing my red button hoping the alarm would go off. Well here we came out the other entrance. My car was exactly where I parked it. LOL!

Cooked a decent dinner. Made mac salad. Boy it tasted good. Haven't made that in quite a while. Yesterday DQ was offering free sm vanilla cones. We went about 8pm, and the line of cars were out their parking lot & down the main road. After about 10 minutes Blaise & I came to a compromise & left. It just wasn't worth the wait.

This morning was a string of errors. I woke up at 8am & looked out the window just as the bus pulled away. Had to take Blaise to school then. I went to bed at 10:30pm last night, so I must have really needed the sleep. Stopped at DG on the way home. Was next in line when I looked for my Discover card & couldn't find it. Parked my cart & had to come home. It was left in yesterday's jacket. Went back & got checked out. Outside I was checking over my receipt & noticed a couple errors. Back in I went. Saved myself $7 by having it all corrected.

Now to get started on the 3 pies I have to bake today. Got the fillings cooked last night, so I just have to pour them into the shells & bake. Not sure what else I'll get into today.

Paula...did you check out Vitacost?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
            i slept in late again. Still have a cough, a hoarse voice. I’m so tired of cough drops....they really don’t help that much. I think E’s cold lasted for 24 hours, two days at most. His energy is mostly back. I catch myself holding my breath to prevent coughing. This is wearing me down. I guess it’s my “Impaired Immune System” at work.

We had a lot of cloud cover yesterday, so we didn’t get to see the moon at all.....again.
            yesterday we did hit 82°, but today will be 71°. Most days will be partly cloudy ahead.

So that’s the bulk of what’s going on here.

* Karlinann, what with your gardening and taking care of hubby, your hands are full. But you are so organized! I’m impressed.
            * Maxie, it takes time to get used to new computers. Hope you enjoy yours.
            * Paula, some days we need to pause and regroup our thoughts and feelings. The news is no help these days. Time to let common sense sink in.
            * Hi Beth. Hope your day goes well.

To everyone, have a beautiful, smooth running day. ☀️

Hi cookie. We were typing together today.
            Last edited by JoGee; 03-21-2019, 10:06 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Karlinann is that vacuum an Oreck? When I looked it up the reviews were for orecks.

Comment

That sounds like a good name on a vac, Maxie.
                In any case, I do not recommend Dyson. It’s to heavy to navigate with. Plus they cost a small fortune, even with a discount.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jo I may have spelled it wrong...I do not want a Dyson for that very reason..being heavy. I like my shark but it is more for dirt from normal people not track in the barnyard of the people who live here but I do not want a big canister or heavy upright. Jon has my electrolux in the cave and I loved it but I am not hauling it up and down. No carpet up here so no reason for a big vac.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jo I may have spelled it wrong...I do not want a Dyson for that very reason..being heavy. I like my shark but it is more for dirt from normal people not track in the barnyard of the people who live here but I do not want a big canister or heavy upright. Jon has my electrolux in the cave and I loved it but I am not hauling it up and down. No carpet up here so no reason for a big vac.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

The vacuum is a Riccar SupraLite made by the Riccar company. You have to look up Riccar and it will tell you where the nearest Riccar dealer is. It is not an Oreck and I hate the Oreck vacuum. The Riccar is like the ultimate in vacuuming floors, has a HEPA filter bag, is so light you can take it anywhere and it has a plug in cord. You will need to buy bags for it, but I'm tellin ya it's worth it. Riccar is a trusted name in vacuums and they are sold all over the place. Do not buy an Oreck. They are worthless and so are the Bissel's. Now the Electrolux is a great vac, but too heavy to cart around. You will love the SupraLite.
                "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                X