Tuesday 10/2/18 Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10/2/18 Good Morning!

Good Morning! It's cloudy now and perfect temps outside.

Yesterday was a busy one, and I didn't bake a single thing. I was lacking energy, but I got some things organized and even got one of the freezers defrosted. Did mix up 5 kinds of cookie dough at the end of the day, so my goal is to get most of those baked and decorated by days end tomorrow. No Sue until Thursday....not my choice...hers.

Testing for the next karate belt(s) is coming up next week. Two of the moms that I chat with, their boys probably will be moving up to the next belt which is a different class. I'll miss them.

I have to get 3 of the 5 kinds of cookies baked off and get them completed because I have an order for them tomorrow. I really need to cook a decent dinner tonight since we don't have to go anywhere this evening.

Have a good one all!

Good morning...One word for yesterday..roller coaster crazy! I walked into work to learn of 2 call offs one being the girl that I share my station with..I really hope she is ok and that she isn't in much trouble but she has called in once a week for the last weeks and we are hardily into the school year. The other girl that serves breakfast and lunch mon wed and Fri has had a schedule change and didn't show for her new schedule so I don't know whats going on....but I had two good people on the line with me. We had a very low student count...I don't know how or why that happened but I will take it.

Went to the mall after work and walked around for a while.....I bought some smell good girly stuff from bath and body works...was home in bed by 8:30. I didn't want to get up this morning...I am thinking that I might be a little bit depressed. I am not sure why.

Fingers crossed as the cubbies play for the wild card today....sorry about the cardinals maxie.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, we tried Beth. Saw that the Cubs lost to Milwaukee for the division title. Maybe they can advance and play a while longer but I am finished for the season. Let's Go Blues!!

Morning Cookie! Going to be sunny and hot today. Just heard this morning that the first half of October is going to be hot around here. I love the heat but it is time to move this season stuff along.

Today I have no plans to do anything because I never get it done anyway. The laundry is finished but the only ironing I have done is Sierra's work shirts so that has piled up. Pots still need to be emptied and cleaned up for next spring and after all the groceries I bought this weekend I have to go to the store. We need milk. Suddenly they are drinking milk! Scalloped potatoes and pork chops for supper tonight and everyone will be home. I like those nights because they do not happen often. No one had time to haul out the Halloween decorations last night so maybe tonight when both kids are here.

Cardinals lost over the weekend so their season is over...so is mine. I cannot cheer for Chicago and have no interest in Milwaukee so I am on to Hockey. Go Blues! Two more nights until opening game!

Nothing going on around here but all the stuff I do not do. That is not even new anymore...it just doesn't get done. Hoping someday I will get this burst of energy and be a tornado around here. Thank that will ever happen? Have a great one all of you out there!

Comment

Rain! Rain! Rain! Yay! It sprinkled a bit while we were outside yesterday, but not enough to make us come in. Then it stopped. But this morning I could see it had really rained during the night and now it is again!

I have soup on the stove, a turkey vegetable soup for Becky and me, and the daycare will have one of their favorite meals: corndogs, baked beans and applesauce.

Maxie, can you put out the new coffee pot and see if it gets used? For sure you could use it, but seeing you get your cup so much faster might persuade someone else to Let it go...

Beth, I hope your work goes ok and you find something to lift your spirits. Bath and Body Works is one of my favorite shops when I go to the mall. I bought the wallflower holder that looks like a little town (?) with buildings and the one that looks like a fall tree...

Jo, hope you are having fun and today find some interesting living options.
      Donna, I second everything everyone says: you are amazing, you work too hard, and take a break whenever you can!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have to do that with the coffee pot. This morning I had to run it twice to get a full cup. He is so proud that he got it running and will not give an inch and I like and need my coffee to much for this morning aggravation. He only drinks tea and does use the Kuerig but when in a hurry he can also heat his water in the microwave...I think he is still mad I threw out his nasty tea kettle and thinks he is getting revenge...

Good morning.
      i slept in a bit late, but I was too chilly to get up earlier. I sit here in my nightgown and a sweater now, til E wakes.
      I imagine it’s cloudy out, possibly raining. I can feel the humidity, and it’s gotta be high. A news article says the rain might be flooding parts of Arizona. Well, we will see. The Phoenix temps have dropped to the low/mid 80’s (so has Tucson’s) for the rest of the week.
      geez, I just got a Flash Flood alert on my cell phone!

yesterday we didn’t see any places. E talked to someone who has access to the Senior Living groups for a good 2 hours. The person he talked to needed a lot of information. So today we are set up to see 3 different groups, and others through Thursday. Then we return home on Thursday evening. We will have a lot to discuss, I think. We are on a calling list so any of the groups can contact us.
      One group left a message for “Grace & Joe”. I am disinclined to go there, if they get our names so badly mangled. It means they insist E’s name is our surname.

I guess it will be a busy and interesting day today.
      When E is up, I will turn up the temp here a notch. He is a hot blooded person. I’m not as accommodating as I used to be, because I get chilled more easily these days.

Thanks for the encouragement in our search for Senior Living places. I appreciate that so much.
      Sounds like E is ready to get up. Early for him. Good!

maxie, I agree with Paula on the coffee pot.
      Paula, I love corn dogs! I made some once and added a bit of powdered mustard to the batter.....big improvement!
      cookie, you have more energy on a bad day than I do on a good day!

hope you all have a zippity-do-da day! (Love that song!)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Did you get the heads-up on the Emergency Test Alert from the president tomorrow? Every American with a cell phone, world wide, will receive the test alert, and nobody can opt out of it.

Don’t panic. It’s only a test. And it doesn’t mean we will get the president’s tweets all day every day.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew it was coming but had forgotten when. Sure do not want that guy to have any access to my phone and am sorry he has access to my life at all. Ugh! Good luck with your visiting senior places.

thanks for the reminder. I better remind my mom so she doesn’t freak out.
        i wonder if I keep my phone on silent if it will help ignore the alert?

Comment

It probably will, Paula. But if he sends in in early morning, our time zone will probably get it before we get up, so don’t have your cell phone in your bedroom unless it’s totally turned off, not just silenced.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X