The Weekend is HERE! Sat the 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weekend is HERE! Sat the 28th

Good Morning! It's a dreary one here as was half of yesterday.

​Yesterday wasn't super productive, but that's all relative. I spent the entire morning going to several yard/estate sales. I was please with what I got. There was only one lady who wasn't any fun. She wouldn't budge on her prices, so I paid full price. It was jeans for Blaise. I went to one sale and got lg rolls of Christmas wrapping paper for $.25 each. Met some nice people too.

​Took Blaise for karate then after I got the guys to bed I baked off the two kinds of cookie dough...FINALLY. It was coming down to the wire since he was coming this afternoon to get them.

​This morning we are going to the one sale I was at yesterday for Blaise to check out the tools. The goal is to eventually end up at the Chinese restaurant to take Blaise for his birthday...his request. Laundry needs done...AGAIN!! Actually, I stripped the beds and want to wash all that stuff. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I really need to sit down & pay some bills.

Have a good one all!

Hello!

Hi Donna! Chinese - my favorite

I have another shelf cleaned and waiting to put stuff back on. Eliminated 2 large jars, so I'll have more room.

Cooking simple today. I have a slice of prime rib to cook for lunch and supper is always insignificant.

Beautiful days here. Must enjoy them while we can.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Morning all to come...headed to my sister's with breakfast..not sure what the rest of my day will be

Comment

Morning...a sunny and warm day ahead! Going to be beautiful!!!

Today we are suppose to buy mulch and potting soil and a shepherds hook (to hang a Mother's Day gift from last year) and look at plants and pick out porch deck stain. Now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that it actually happens. Andrew has his first ball practice tomorrow so we will get nothing done in the yard and that makes today the day. If we just get it bought and stored where I can get to it I can plug along and work at it all week.

Yesterday was a boring day where I pretty much only did laundry. The guys came in and cooked whatever they wanted and went fishing. Jon dropped Drew off on their way home so I only saw the back of him yesterday..his back at the fridge, back at the microwave and back as he went out the door.

Going to get dressed and ready to head to the nursery and Home Depot. The fox urine really has deterred the rabbits. We did pull up the dead lantana and plant the hibiscus in its place. Want to find a couple of variegated clematis to fill in with the solids I have. I have always liked two colors mixed in climbing. Anyway I have a list and am itching to get started. May is coming and it is about time to move winter out of here!!!!

Comment

good morning

Elaine, we do the same,,, all good nutrition in a good dinner (mostly., sometimes its frozen pot pies). and late afternoon is whatever is in fridge or , breakfast food. ...David is not a big eater anymore... and I can't afford to gain weight. Knees object !!,

Donna, when you see estate sales. let me know please .like to shop them too.. we don't take local paper anymore.. so I just have to read signs posted along the road..

Hi Bethina

.overcast, rainy looking day.. so looks like book reading time and crocheting time ... Have the afghan.. for Donna's Becca started,,starting to take shape.

hi to you all .I will return to read. so be sure to post long interesting reports....

Comment

Good morning.
            I woke about 3 this morning, got up to use the bathroom and went back to bed. So it’s nearly 8 o’clock and I’m now up for the day. Fortunately, we don’t have anywhere we HAVE to go, so I won’t be late for anything.

Yesterday I had the stupidest Senior Moment. I was doing laundry. We have a stacked washer and dryer. I took the washed load from the washer,and stuck it in the dryer which is the top machine. Threw the next batch of dirty stuff in the washer. Filled the little container with the liquid soap and turned back to the machines. Both doors were open, and thinking I should have closed the top door, I poured the soap onto the wet clothes in the dryer. Ahhhhhhhh! So I just put the wet clothes back in the washer atop the dirty ones, and hoped none of the colors would run when I washed them. It turned out okay, thank goodness. Thankfully, the soap was only on the clothes, and none dripped into dryer itself.
            I still need to wash the sheets, though.

Allergens are still high enough for weather warnings. I’ve been sneezing a lot for the last few days.

We will have 94° today. The temps are starting to inch down toward the 80’s now. Wednesday it’s supposed to get to 79°, before the mercury starts inching back up again. We will welcome the temporary relief. There’s still the threat of fires, since we have had no rain for quite a while.

I know that my weight is up. Part of which is due to my new medication. But I will have to go shopping for some more comfortable clothing. I’m not sure of my sizes any more. But different brands use different sizing charts. I just filled out an order, the chucked the idea. I need to try things on. And I need things that don’t button or snap where I have surgery scars......that tends to hurt.

And that is about all that is happening here.
            So.....til later.... You all have a great day! 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell me about..Alot of yellow pollen..I sound like Minnie Mouse.....It would be nice to have some rain..To wash this yellow pollen away.

Good afternoon everyone...
            The day just flew by..I been working on some hats for winter..And give them too the homeless..
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              that is awesome! We are buying some more new socks and giving out.

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank-you..I did not think of socks..that is good idea..
              You have big heart...To give out socks..

Sassygirl, you are always making things for people, and do not neglect the needy people either. What a very nice person you are!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoeGee,They help us went we down on our luck..When my mother was sick..With all the help..So i am return the favor..
              Thank-you..I will not forget..You might changed that one person..When they need it the most..It might changed there world...
          Working...
          X