Tuesday January 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday January 23

Morning just want you all to know I am still alive...Trying to navigate this thing they call life! Work is work right now...life is life.

I will take that as a positive, Beth! You are doing what you are supposed to be doing it sounds like. sometimes Winter just seems like we are plodding along, but as long as we keep going in the right direction, that is what matters.

It is supposed to be sunny today and then more storms with a low snow level are coming. When it says snow at 1000', you can easily get snow on the valley floor...

The picture on Facebook of the iris is in front of my grocery store! It is just crazy to see them blooming. None of my mom's are blooming yet..

Nothing different about today, that I have planned. I have a few calls to make and that is always interesting in daycare; the minute I think it is quiet enough to talk to someone about a business matter, yep, someone decides to shriek or tattle. I always ask them if they need anything and tell them I will be on the phone a minute and if they ask me anything while I am on the phone, the answer will be No...It was what I did with my own kids and some kids get it and others do not.

I won't take up anymore of your time. Stay well, or get better and have a great day. Like Beth said: life is life and this is mine right now.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Looks like we had rain last night looking at my driveway. At least it wasn't freezing rain or snow.

​Am looking at getting my car washed today, and then maybe on to get a few groceries. Other than that....NOTHING.

Tomorrow it's the "shot in the back" day. The Dr.'s office called yesterday and moved my appt. up from 9 to 7:45. Now I wasn't happy about that as that puts me on the road before daylight.

Everyone have a good day.

Alligator Shoes

young blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking. After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price!"

The shopkeeper said, "By all means, be my guest. Maybe you'll luck out and catch yourself a big one!"
      Determined, the blonde turned and headed for the swamps, set on catching herself an alligator. Later in the day, the shopkeeper is driving home when he spots the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. Just then, he sees a huge 9 foot alligator swimming quickly toward her. She takes aim, kills the creature and with a great deal of effort hauls it onto the bayou bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures.

The shopkeeper watches in amazement. Just then the blonde flips the alligator on its back, and frustrated, shouts, "This one isn't wearing any shoes either!"

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        Yesterday’s weather was a surprise....we didn’t get out of the mid-50°’s. I don’t know how low the temp ran last night, but it’s a surprising 28° right now, and the weather forecast says it’ll get to the high 60°’s today. We will see.
        But the sun must be peeking over the mountains now, as the rays are very bright.
        Well, another month and the weather should be looking up.
        Our trees are not native to here, so the elms are totally bare now, and the pistach is half bare. I doubt that we will see new foliage before March, but you never know.

We went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. That broke up the days monotony. We pretty much stuck to our list. I didn’t like the meat prices, so we will stick with the meats still in the freezer. Still, the bill was a bit higher than expected. Prices must be up again.

Well, I’d better get to doing something around here. Chores don’t do themselves.

Have a really good day. 🤗

Beth, sounds like you’re either in a rut, or have the winter blues. I hope you feel back on track soon.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

How can we miss the winter blues this year? It is the longest winter ever!! Yesterday was warm but windy and the wind had a bite. Cooler today, not freezer but certainly refrigerator! Had the best text last evening. My niece is taking a mental health day Thursday and ask me and her mom for a shopping day. Breakfast, the mall, lunch, great company where no one watches their mouth or has to be politically correct...I cannot wait! I think all three of us need a mental health day. And since we have nothing special to shop for and no plan, it will just be a day that goes where it goes.

I still have not mopped and I see the sink is full which means no one has emptied the dishwasher so I do have chores to do today. Sierra has a full day of classes but will be around for supper so will plan a decent meal before she goes back in the evening. This semester Tuesday will be the only night all four of us will be around for a meal so I will plan something decent.

Paula, saw the beautiful iris picture this weekend. Gorgeous!! And so springtime... We are so far away from anything blooming around here. Gotta start the day..have a meal to plan. Stay healthy, get plenty of rest .. only 5 months until Summer!!

Comment

If I type fast, it'll still be morning, so GOOD MORNING!

​Yesterday was wonderful. Started the day off taking Blaise to the dentist. He had one cavity. Got home & had enough time to throw a load of laundry in the washer and straighten the kitchen up a bit. My Mom came and then we headed into town. Becca had the day off, so she met us there. Hadn't seen her since Christmas.

​Started off by shopping at a home store...shower curtains, towels, decorations, etc. Mom & I bought Becca matching stuff for her bathroom in her new house. We then went to eat....breakfast food for lunch. We then checked out a new grocery store that just opened last week. I don't know. I might go there once a month. We'll see. I'm still an Aldi's shopper. The store is organized, clean, and I know exactly where everything is and how much it is. This new store has items that are close to expiration date, and a bit mish mashed. It's a great store for big families who will go through food fast and need great prices.

​After that, we headed over to Boscov's to check out more curtains for my Mom's living room. She found some & we got them ordered. The clear was an idiot. Needed to shave and get a decent haircut. They wouldn't take her Boscov's gift card or her cash to pay for it, so I had to give my credit card. I had to give it to the lady on the telephone and felt like I was shouting all my private information to the whole store. While they were waiting on me, Mom & Becca were checking out furniture. Becca found a desk she really liked & it was on sale. She bought it. She had to take it home & assemble it, which she did. She sent me a pic later in the evening of the completed project. She's amazing. Got home about a half an hour before Blaise got home. Cork wasn't feeling good, so he just had scrambled eggs and went to bed. I made a frozen pizza for Blaise & me.

​Oh...had my yearly argument with Kathy about claiming Blaise on her taxes. I told her I wasn't going to argue or discuss it anymore. If she wanted to claim him, fine. She would be the one getting in trouble for doing it since she doesn't have any proof of supporting him. She's also saying she's going to take us to court to get weekend custody so that she can claim him. Good luck with that. She makes more excuses not to get him, than she does getting him. In the meantime, I'm the one doing all this running around.

​This morning we did a repeat of yesterday. There was a cancellation for 8am today, so Blaise got his tooth filled. Didn't want to take a chance that in a couple weeks it'd be terrible weather, so I took the appt even though I didn't want to do it. Blaise has a counseling session at 4:15 today, so I have to pick him up at the school. In the meantime, I'm trying to find my energy so that I can get working on my baking orders. Made a 9x13 carrot cake for a funeral dinner a customer has to take a cake for tomorrow. Need to make a couple pies for tomorrow. Think I'll prep them today and bake them first thing in the morning...maybe. Need to mix up a bunch of cookie dough.

​Tomorrow Sears is coming for my yearly maintenance check up plus repair my stove & oven. Of course they could only tell me btw 8am - 5pm. Great. I just have all day to sit around and wait.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              This is the first year Jon will claim Sierra. It has always been a sore spot around here since she lived with me for 11 years and her mother claimed her and took the child support money he paid while Jon and I got the bills and we are still paying her bills. Jon provided her insurance and mommy dearest made sure co-pays were sent to him. I did not realize how much money mommy made off of income tax until just recently so it was a nice racket...he got the bills and paid child support and Sierra came to me for everything else and mommy got a nice return with her child credit. Kathy should be happy you are raising her child and providing him with a loving, stable home and seeing to his every need. That should be her only worry. Like Jostoy said, I will get off my soapbox now.
          Working...
          X