Wed, the 17th..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed, the 17th..

Hi, yeap it is me... got the door slammed shut yesterday,, but this morning I got welcomed with open arms... am starting to believe the problem is with my keyboard.. its old. and I thing the keys are not always responding correctly when I type in password.??????? . have a new keyboard here .. will have to plug in and hope it works without needing to call in one of my smarter relatives. .

hopefully the road are scraped clear , it never did stop snowing yesterday.. just kept drifting down lightly ,.. but steady... never got to Donna's.. but have hopes to go over this morning ... just can't wait to make them grease balls!...... and have a hour of chatter with Her!... she makes me feel so darn good.......and pray this old stubborn gentleman that lives here stays in the house.. leaving the snow alone.!!!. we have a neighbor who has made a deal to keep the driveway cleared.. and is going to get insulted if D. keeps going out and "shoveling"...

I did get in and read .. so I am caught up with what you all are doing ..so be nice , I am watching you.!

Good morning everyone.

Welcome "home" Aunt Maye !!!

Will be leaving here within 20 min. So don't have much time to yack.

Everyone have a good day.

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut . The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.

He says, 'Sir, have you been drinking?'
    'Just water,' says the priest.

The trooper says, 'Then why do I smell wine?'

The priest looks at the bottle and says, 'Good Lord! He's done it again!'

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning and sorry I missed checking in yesterday.

I go t a text that the MD boys are home today with a snow day, but poor Nikki, my DIL, has to go to work. Spencer's boss, the CFO, tells all of them to work from home when the roads are covered with snow.

I am having vegetable beef (really ground turkey) soup for breakfast this morning. I had a meeting last night that I had to leave almost right after daycar and didn't get home until 9:30-ish, and I just went to bed. And woke up Hungry! The meeting was out of town so that is why the long time...

There isn't much that is new or interesting going on, so I will tell you all to have a great day. Aunt Maye, enjoy those grease balls! You are one in a million for many reasons, but that is high on my list of why I wish I had you closer! Becky doesn't even like to grease a pan and I use paper towels because I don't really like the feel of shortening coating my fingers and then scrubbing to et it all off.

My timer just went off, I better go check the bacon I have in the oven.

Comment

Good Morning! The snow is still floating down slowly. Another 2 hr delay this morning....GRRRRR!!!!!! Oh well, we got to sleep in then.

​Yesterday was good. I got all the laundry done & actually put away....that doesn't happen all the time when I'm baking. They are lucky if I get it washed & folded. Got my new calendar out and wrote in appts and made several new appts. The big one was for Sears to come out and do their yearly inspection of the 3 appliances we bought from them. The stove & oven is giving me problems, so they'll get fixed under the warranty. Made a beef roast for dinner & I was the only one that ate any of it. Oh well....more for me! It was so good.

​Called the doctor's ofc yesterday and ask if they wanted pie or a tray of fresh cookies & some homemade hot choc. She chose the cookies & hot choc. So I got the HC mixed up and will rewarm it before taking it in and the cookies baked last night.

Once Blaise goes to school, Aunt J is coming to scoop grease and I'm going to bake off the rest of the cookie dough. Once she leaves, I'll be taking the HC and cookies to the doctor's office and then stop at Aldi's & the bank. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring.

Time to eat and get this lil boy ready to go out the door. BRRRRR!!!!!

Have a good one all....stay warm & safe.

Comment

Morning! Today is haircut day!!! I need this so bad and maybe it will lift the gloom I have been feeling. Cold but the sun is shining and it is suppose to warm up today. For how long this time?

Winter is so boring...nothing happening around here. Andrew will be back today and I miss him when he is gone for a long weekend then we had an added weather day. But that also means I have to cook so back to normal but only for one day since I have another doctors appointment tomorrow and if I make friday a carry out day I may only have to cook one day this week! That does brighten my outlook a bit!

Again, stay warm and watch the germs out there!

Comment

Good morning.
            Sunny day ahead. Good chance of rain on Saturday, though, as the temp drops this weekend.
            It sure was windy all day yesterday, and during the night as well. I see trees still swaying out there, so more of the same today. Geez. 🙁

E had a quiet birthday yesterday. A couple calls and an email from some of the daughters. I imagine today will bring birthday cards the other kids may have sent. He just took the day off from everything to relax, so he was happy with that.
            He had steak, cheesy potatoes, and green beans for supper, which he really enjoyed.

Today is laundry day for me. Will make chicken soup today...I have leftover chicken and veggies to use up.

So good to see you back, Maye!
            Jostoy, that’s a funny one!
            Cookie, how do you transport hot chocolate? Individual drink cups, or a single container.

Just had a waffle and some mocha.... time to start my day.

Have a great day, whatever you do. Stay warm and well. 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X