Sunday 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 11/12

Good Sunday morning! I am almost ready, just have to wait for Becky and then we are going a bit early to church. She has some bulletin board stuff to do and needs to run off papers. Sign ups for dinners coming up.

I bought a sweater yesterday and just something as small as that is making me happy...wearing it to church today.

I got one whole corner of the kitchen counters totally cleaned and decluttered. I found better places for things I use and put one blender away in a tub. The Starbucks blender is staying on the counter and the KA is in a tub with some big pots that I use once in awhile...I started working on another counter area, too, and it looks so much better. It was always clean, but when I sat down in the one chair a guest always sits in and saw their view of the kitchen I just knew I had to do something.

I posted a video of my favorite shop yesterday. One of my Utah friends texted me and said she did not see the cute gingerbread house I had mentioned I was considering buying, and did I buy it? I immediately jumped up and went to the shop! Yes! It was still there and it was the only one...I waited to get the attention of one of the clerks and said I wanted it. There are many stories of someone going to find assistance only to come back and the item is gone! So my decorating is done! At least all the components are now under one roof. I won't be changing things out until Thanksgiving weekend. It won't be Black Friday shopping, but Black Friday decorating!

Sorry to be so wrapped up in things...

I am going to visit a friend who got out of the hospital (she had been at UCDAvis) and got home late Thursday. She is like the sister I never had and her health is so fragile. We met when I was working in kindergarten and her daughter was in our class. We count our friendship anniversary every year...going on 32 now!

I hope this day is full of rest and the joy of family and friendship for all of you. We may not be together around the same table, but the thought of you makes me smile and feel good!

Good Afternoon...have spent the morning doing pretty much nothing. Need a smoke detector battery so may venture out later to walmart. If I were as industrious as some of you I would plan a few meals for the week while I was out shopping but you know I will not! I will just stew about what to cook every morning...

Blues lost badly last night but they were due for a loss and I can complain about a couple of bad calls to make me feel better. It is gloomy and cold out and I am wanting to get out so I can get home and relax. Wonder how many bags it will take me to carry in one battery? Hopefully everyone will be shopping at the mall.

And,hopefully, all of you will have a wonderful day full of all the things you want to do...

Comment

Hi, good Sunday to you.
      I can’t believe I slept til noon today. However, about 4am I woke shivering like crazy. I got my big fluffy blanket out and put it atop my Red Cross blanket. It took me ab hour to get back to sleep. Seems when those chills set in, I require a few extra hours of sleep.
      Hate to say I that still feel very tired, but I hope that passes.

Hope everyone else here is having a super duper day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon.

Looks like the nasty fall day has everyone lazing around today. I went to S.S. and Church this morning, then went out for lunch with E. and V. That little girl is so bright and happy that it makes for everyone's day.

​It is a typical nasty fall day here in my "neck of the woods". I will not be going out to Church tonight. Just to blame wet and cold for me. This kind of weather just makes my "bones" hurt.

​Nothing else worth mentioning except I probably won't be here in the morning. Have an early appt. in Vincences.

Hope all stay cuddly warm today.

My mother taught me RELIGION.

"You better pray that will come out of the carpet." ​
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Love that blurb at the end of your post, joystoy. 😄
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X