Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, Oct 24

Good morning, everyone.

Lisa, I’m sure Tex is doing very well after his surgery.

It’s a chilly morning in the house today, but temps are receding again and will be in the 80’s again by the weekend. I’m a bit sensitive to temp changes. I have a fluffy blanket on my footstool to keep warm when I need it.

So I’m waiting for E to get up...it’ll be a couple of hours yet. But he wants to go out to breakfast today. Then we need to get some staple foods at the grocery store. Maybe I can talk him into a trip to World Market/Cost Plus, to see what their seasonal offerings are.

Otherwise no plans today, except maybe a load or two of laundry. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my hairdresser. Saturday, niece’s first wedding. The groom is the father of her 3rd child. I told E that there were no “It’s about time!” sentiments in the Wedding Card rack.

Well, off to enjoy a cuppa tea.
    Have a good day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good morning..work is going not fast enough if you ask me. I am spending the rest of my day at my happy place saint elizabeth!! I will end my volunteer shift being reunited with a very good college friend!

Comment

Morning...guessing this is going to be my normal wake up time from now on. Maybe I am shifting to winter time? It is sunny and bright and windier than heck outside. By the feel of the house it must also be pretty darn cool out, too. I did venture out yesterday and we have groceries which I think Andrew tried to eat entirely in one evening. I saved the turkey and Jon grilled hamburgers and hot dogs instead. Today Drew has early dismissal for parent meetings...Jon and Drew's mom have a 5:30 conference so a meal will be a whatever affair. Andrew is very happy with mac and cheese and a corn dog but his father is on some type of self imposed diet that I don;t understand. When he called the doctor for something unrelated yesterday he was told the doctor would be contacting him about some blood results. I am thinking he has high sugar...we will see.

So tonight is parent conferences at the school. Andrew brought home his report card on Friday and he did great. Better than I would have suspected after doing homework with him. I have a few questions I want Jon to ask. He has been doing enough homework lately to know what type of answer to accept...I hope! His mother will say nothing but take credit while this household suffers nightly. Spelling, freaking spelling, last night had me leaving the room and letting Sierra finish. Plus we work 4 nights on spelling every damn week and have not had a test returned. How we doing for all these weeks? Who the hell knows...I really want Jon to jump that teacher for that. We work our butts off and see no returned test paper...I don;t think so!!

Anyway, no homework for us tonight since they will be leaving almost after getting here today. That is a holiday when we have no homework and I do not have to cook a full big meal. Sun is gone and wind died down so some type of change is taking place out there. Just for general info...porch is not finished but work is being done slowly. I really wanted the deck stained yet this fall but may just have to settle for lattice hung. We only had all summer to do this....but what is time ? These people do not worry about time or projects. I may just have to run away. Anybody in a warm climate have a spare room? I'd be such a great guest...if you just do things my way!!

Comment

Good Morning, sunny windy and chilly out there. Krystal is home sick today. She brought me up some banana and walnut pancakes for breakfast. Candie made extra supper last night so have leftovers for lunch, she said we are having chicken and asparagus for supper tonight. She has been using the heck out of the little George Forman grill I bought, heck even if it dies tomorrow we've got the $6 out of it.

Hope Rex is going great after his surgery.

Comment

I need tech support for this keyboard! It is covering my type space.

Yesterday's high was 92! More of the same today. I may take a blanket off...

Normal day here. Kids, dogs, and meals. The brownie cookies turned out great!

Your dinner sounds wonderful, Darla! I love asparagus.

Take care and I will post on the desktop tomorrow.

Comment

Hey all! It's a cool cloudy wet day around here.....BLAH!!!! Two days in a row of this crap, so I'm ready for my sunshine back.

Yesterday I was still dragging butt. Make the rhubarb pie that was ordered, and once he picked it up, I headed into town to go to the bank & Aldi's. My cart overfloweth with baking supplies. Once I got them unloaded & put away, I took a nap. Made a nice dinner, which hasn't been the norm around here lately. Actually sat down & watched 2 episodes of Bull.

This morning I was dragging butt again, but Sue came at 8:30, so there was no lounging. We mixed up 6 kinds of cookie dough, which doesn't sound like much, but some of the batches had to be doubled and made 4x. So the rest of my day will be spent rolling balls & baking them off. I started with the flat cookies. I REALLY need that 2nd stove.

Blaise requested soft tacos for dinner, so that'll the one meal, and for Corky I have to figure out something else. I think I still have soup left from last week, so that may be his dinner.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X