Quick update: 7.30pm here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick update: 7.30pm here

And Tex is still either in, or still waiting, for surgery. They're all running late.
    I'm to call them back at 8.30-9pm. They will be keeping him in overnight though.
    Gosh.

waiting seems to last sooo long... keep us posted Lisa!!

Comment

I’m back.
      I was up at about 3am when I posted. I did get back to sleep about 4 again, then didn’t wake til 8. So...late start to my day.
      Hope Tex is faring well after his surgery.

Jostoy, I never heard that phrase til I was a young adult., among the young I heard a lot of idioms from my dad about getting things done.
      I mostly remember my mom calling me useless and stupid (because she never explained things and didn’t know I didn’t just “catch on” and do whatever, much less have the strength to do it as a child)......but never anything else from her. Or even my uncles (I don’t think my grandparents allowed such things to be said, even in jest).

Boffler, I think my fingers are getting knotty, too. The last 2 week’s all my hand joints and my wrists have been achy. I soak my hands in hot water when it gets bad.

C gifts are just checks these days. The kids prefer it. The grandkids are picky and want to get their own stuff, too. What the heck. Can I put small C stickers on checks?

I threw together a beef stew, made with the last 2 petite sirloins I had. Hope E is hungry.
      Me, I’m really not supposed to eat beef after that cancer scare. Nor hot dogs or bacon or sausage.
      But I’ll have a bowl of stew with the veggies in it. E should like getting the extra beef.
      I gotta buy more chicken! Or turkey. Or fish.

Later: I typed this, and forgot to post it. Sorry.
      Hope you had a good day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oops, I put my post on the wrong thread.

That is tough, the waiting...and more waiting. Happened to me once, though. My surgery was postponed a week, because they had given "my" blood to a gang member who was shot, then died anyway.
        I was in and prepped at 7 a.m., my family all waiting. At 7 p.m. my family was upset, they hadn't gotten any word. They checked at the desk and I wasn't listed in it as being admitted. Hubby was upset, the desk called security, E called our niece who worked there. She came across town to straighten out what she could. Turned out I wasn't in the computer because they didn't have a room/bed for me; I was in a hallway on a gurney, still not conscious. Only when I got into a room did they have my status and location in the computer. Niece called her boss and got me a room on her floor. There were no openings on the floor I belonged on. When my doc and techs weren't with me, she and her best friend were responsible for me (they had different shifts. Guess who developed C-diff real quick. Anyone entering my room (MED staff only plus E) had to wear biohazard suits. (This wasn't my gall bladder surgery, it was the splenectomy.)
        Anyway, it drove my family nuts, first trying to locate me, then limited visitations.
        Me, I was unaware of the worst of family's worries. And my hallucinations from the meds were nightmares!

I hope nobody else has to go through that kind of waiting.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X