X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...Oct. 1st

Good morning.

Church day for those of us who go.

Maxie, sure hope you get that porch done today. Old man winter will be knocking on our doors pretty soon.

Everyone have a good day.

I believe . . .
    that sometimes the people you expect
    to kick you when you're down,
    will be the ones to help you get back up.

Last edited by jostoy; 10-01-2017, 07:07 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Oh, I am on to old man winter and he will not beat me. As soon as the sun dries out things I am ready to head out and paint until it is done...or I am dead! Jon will be out taking down the pool and he is trying to get Sierra to stay home a while today to help. I am not sure calling her his daughter that works like a son is the right compliment!

we had an absolutely wonderful day yesterday. Did not get home until 10:30 ish and I fell right into bed. Those 3 hours are hard on my back. The 3 hours driving down both kids slept but coming home for some reason they were awake. And traffic was horrendous coming through the city heading down and then they had nighttime road construction coming home. Oh well, take the driving time away and it was a great day with family!

There is a pile of laundry but that may wait until tomorrow when it will just be a bigger pile. I am dead serious about heading out to paint. Take the last of the dose pack today so am ready to take on any wayward wasp with a can of spray in his face. Sunny out but the house is really cool this morning so temps must have reached pretty low. I know I slept great snuggled under my blankets.

Well,no more wasting time...I have a porch to paint. NO EXCUSES!!

Comment

Good morning. The old man at work yesterday did not happen 🙁 I woke up with very sore throat and even worse ear aches. I finally found a ride to urgent care. I have a sinus infection and double ear infections.

This morning the ears seem better but not the throat.

Comment

Good morning. HAPPY 🎃CTOBER!

Had a lovely visit with 2 DD's yesterday. Today may be more difficult. The DD is bringing her "broken" daughter to breakfast this morning...I hope the girl stays under control. DD originally said not a good idea to bring her daughter, so I don't know what to expect. Then tonight, Son and his wife are coming to dinner at a restaurant.

I will be glad to go home tomorrow. I'm already very tired of going hither and thither. But the highlight, is that other granddaughters have said, "we don't see you guys too often any more, and we'd like to see you more!" That alone plucks my heartstrings!

E is managing the trip beautifully. Everybody cautions him about his bad shoulder. Sure don't want to open another can of worms with that! But I see he's tired, too. Gees, we're getting old!

Well, we won't see the kids til after the holidays. Unless they decide to visit us. Which I doubt. E will probably be in a cast after his surgery, as his arm must stay totally immobile. 8-12 weeks! I won't drive this distance...far too many crazies on the roads out here. I will be doing all the driving after his surgery, but only in Tucson.

Well, E is nearly ready to go to breakfast. I hope this goes well this morning. Cross your fingers for me.

Happy Fall, Y'all. 😄
        Have a great day today.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, no idea what is going on today.

Hit some yard sales yesterday found some bargains. First one was my kind of sale, lady handed a bag and said whatever you could fit in it was yours for $5, a nice Chrismas (sorry Aunt Maye) sweatshirt, Fire king divided dish, Molly a stocking shaped like a bone. Best find was the 1892 cookbook, isn't in the greatest shape but fun looking at the instructions like put in quick oven for so many minutes.
          Next one got Candie a bunch of the "C" village stuff, 2 complete ones and some extra houses, lady saw us discussing, came over and made a deal $15 for the lot, small George Forman grill for $6.
          My body was rebelling by the time we got home.
          Well that's it for here. Everybody have a super day.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Love those kind of yard sales! You scored!

Good too breezy to paint day! And that was yesterday, too. Lots more hammering yesterday but I am still so impressed with all the work these two guys are doing. They were up on ladders scraping off old paint on the patio roof and doing more base work out back.
          I bought soda and doughnuts and popsicles for them.

Elaine, I say Do it while I work and can afford it! I keep checking to see how my expenditures fit my retirement income and have decided there are some things I can do without...but I always want to be able to give service and visit kids and family.

Church is broadcast on tv today, so I am not doing all the hair and makeup I usually do. I have chicken breasts out but not sure what I will do with them. Daycare food is so much easier to think up and make. I did have to really look around the cold cereals yesterday, because starting today we are now not allowed to serve any cereal with more than 6 grams of sugar. Honey Nut cheerios has 9. Finally saw that Multi-grain Cheerios has 6. I am hoping they like it, although in the cool months I don't give them much cold cereal. We have to feed them one whole grain a day and that can be the bread, so that will be easy to do. I don't care if they eat it; I always have bread they like for snack sandwiches. Talking to other daycare providers we all have our way of feeding the kids the good food that they like and still staying in compliance with the state. One time when I had a Federal visit (!) one woman actually asked to see where I cooked the food and the package for the chicken nuggets. I always buy the Tyson breast meat ones, so I was good, but my food agent said they were way out of line and using center based rules on my home visit.

Ok, I better stop and let you all get on with your day. Hope the paint at your house gets done, maxie. Your family get together sounds like it was really fun!

Enjoy this lovely Fall day!

Comment

Well, the morning went nicely enough. The "broken" GD was having an exceptionally good day, so DD informed me. She spoke so softly I could barely catch everything she said, so I'd smile and nod. She gave me kisses & hugs...something she hadn't done much of before. But the poor girls hands shook a lot. Her nervous energy, she said. I knew she was medicated because looking into her eyes, I felt she was only half in there. But the med's do help her, and I'm hoping she'll get well. Breakfast lasted an hour. She barely ate, but she seemed to be trying. DD didn't ask us over, nor ask to come to the apartment. I surmised she had her hands full with her girl. The only thing I questioned was how often GD went outside to smoke. 3x during breakfast, and then another as we were leaving. I want to ask later how GD lost a front tooth. Hard to ignore.

Darla, what a fantastic bargain you found! I've never seen a garage sale like that.
            The ones I've visited were pretty costly, the offerings were pretty much crap, and some not even cleaned! I quit going to them. The best bargain I got were books @ 25 cents each....one was from a set I'd started collecting, which I hadn't gotten yet.

Paula, I think they'd drive me nuts with tracking nutrition. I love Cheerios, especially multigrain. I know generally good foods, and not-so-healthy foods.
            What do they consider potatoes? I remember when I put my youngest girl in a Jewish preschool. Kids had breakfast and lunch at home. I know on days I was a volunteer helper, they had crackers and peanut butter for snacks, or crackers with something's top it. Come the Jewish holidays, it was the only time they separated the kids. The Jewish kids had matzo crackers. The Gentile kids had their choice of trying the Jewish snacks or their regular snack. One day a teacher brought in her electric skillet and made latkes. Exactly like my mom made potato pancakes. Geez, probably one of my most favorite foods of all. So simple to make, and I'd snitch a few pancakes as they were cooked.

Well, lunch time.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X