• Friday...Sept. 22

Good morning.

Laundry day so enough said.

I believe . . .
    that heroes are the people
    who do what has to be done
    when it needs to be done,
    regardless of the consequences.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Great quote, Jostoy!
    Friday is a welcome day to this week! Too many after daycare appointments that remind me why I should not let my schedule crowd up.

My laundry is done up, but bedding needs to be washed and maybe changed up a bit. I need to add a light blanket; it is getting cool enough at night to need one. And I remembered I donated one last year that I usually put on my bed, so I may be shopping for one tomorrow. Finding a lightweight blanket is not easy.

Yesterday a parent told me they aer signing papers for their refinance after work today and may be late! I said, Only as late as the baby, because I have an appointment and will be walking out the door with the baby and his mom. She just said, Oh. I thought, What? ON a Friday, of all days, you want me to say I will be waiting here for you to sign a bazillion papers and chat away with the office???? I figure if they take their kids that office will step up the pace anyway. But everyone knows my policy is Pick up your children when you get off work! Not after you run to the store, or get your tires rotated or go to the bank. Period. And don't even think about asking me on a Friday! I can remember sitting with our kids in the car and taking turns going in and signing papers at times when we didn't want to take four little kids into a bank or wherever. So, I am not asking more than I have done. I just think most parents don't really think I need a life outside of daycare for their child

Ok, I am off to get the door opened and the lights on.
    Have a great Friday!!!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula, this younger generation thinks the world revolves around them. You can just set and wait for me. Glad you put that out to the parents when they sign with you.

Good Morning, will be going to grandsons football game tonight. Little worried but the Drs say he is okay to play. I'm hoping they put him in where he won't have to much contact.

Everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

Good sunny morning and a hot day to come! Early day for me since Andrew has a noon dismissal. I will meet the bus and try to get him to the Farm Supply store in another town for a winter coat. He likes the Carhartt brand and they do last forever. If we make it a fast trip Sierra wants to ride along for lunch before she goes to work. A person can go broke feeding that girl!! We never have the food she wants here because she always wants a variety. How nice for her.

Paula I agree with you 100%. I to remember sitting in the car while my husband ran in to sign papers and then switching places. Jon with his ADHD was not someone we could take just anywhere but if we kept him in the car with a lunch bag he was pretty happy for a minute or two and had a different parent to terrorize. Andrew's mother is one to take advantage even on a school night when he needs to be in bed.

Yesterday Sierra and I spent a large amount of time watching the progress in Mexico digging out the school children. From what I gather now they are not alive and no rescues will be made from that school. I remember watching that baby stuck in a well years ago and some miners being saved from a cave in. Why do we sit and watch that stuff mesmerized?

Cardinals won last night and are inching up slowly into a wild card position. I do not know how I get so involved in this baseball/hockey stuff. Guess when you get old it is what you do...I remember my grandma taking her little transistor radio everywhere and listening to ball games. How excited she got when my aunt would take her to games and what a feat that was to get her there. Oh, look, I am turning into my grandma!!

I also have laundry to start and a time limit to get moving in. I should change my bed also...maybe tomorrow. Coat number 2 is still waiting on the porch so maybe tomorrow. Jon is working this weekend and no Andrew or meals to cook. I HAVE to do it.. just must get it done because we cannot hang the lattice or get the landscaper in until we do. September is half over and winter around the corner. This heat wave would have been very appreciated in August instead of all the cool and cool we got then. Oh well, have a great Friday...we are running around again. Maybe that is why I enjoy my sports watching in bed at night..only have to get up to grab a snack!

Comment

Good morning, Sunshine!
        Okay, I'm a bit late this morning. Sleepy weather for me, I think, as temps drop yet again. Today 92°, tomorrow only 88° with a minute chance of some rain.

We did most of the laundry already. I set aside new shirts (mine) to wash separately, and hope they shrink just a bit.
        There's plenty enough I can do here if I'm up to it. Mostly I'm looking for things to get rid of. I've put a bunch of favorite tops into the Goodwill Bag, as since my recent surgeries have changed my shape and I need tunic-length tops now to cover the awkward scars and bumps that are my torso now.

I find I'm now about 4 months ahead on my mail-order prescription for blood thinners. I panic when I get down to the last week of pills and there is no word on my next order. So somehow an order came in halfway through my last set of pills (3 months' worth at a time), but why-ever it got sent early, it's okay with me! So I don't have to worry so much when the next round comes in. I doubt they'll make a habit of sending so early again.

Nothing much new going on here. Nothing exciting happening. No interesting movies in the theater lately. Not hearing much from the kids. GD is out of the hospital from the breakdown she had; supposedly she's doing better. We will see.

E visits our PCP next week. Really, all she had to do was give an okay to his surgeon, but I guess she's covering all bases. He really doesn't need yet another checkup before his surgery.....thus, she's delaying the needed surgery with this appointment. Sheesh! Oh well. I think the arm is giving him a bit more pain right now. He's anxious to get it fixed and get into PT.

Paula, sometimes parents forget the rules (some don't mean to be selfish, but some don't give a darn to anything but their own needs). I personally don't think babies are cumbersome, I delight in them. But I know people who just look for reasons to drop their offspring off onto others. I used to take my babies in to work with me on doctor visit days. They could nap in my desk drawer when tiny, or sit and draw or color at my desk while I typed. They never were in bad humor about it. I took them with me every chance I could, even on business, and they'd quietly look at books or scribble on tablets I'd brought, or just hug a soft toy. They were never noisy or try to run around.

Darla, surely the coach will know to be careful and just ease him into the game? Maybe if you shared your concern with him as a reminder?

Hi Maxie!

Well, I need another cuppa.
        You all have a great day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          Jo, I'm sure his parents have talked to the coaching staff and the Drs have sent their findings along with his permission to play. Just I know what having a bad back is so I don't want him to end up with one at 15.

NOTE: Something I overlooked, but my iPhone reminded me ----- TODAY is the AUTUMN EQUINOX !

Mother Natures way of reminding us that Winter is on its way.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thanks for all the back up!
          Love my RT friendships!

Comment

Working...
          X