Up & At-tum......Sept 21, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up & At-tum......Sept 21, 2017

Good Morning! Summer is back....a little late though.

Yesterday was good but very busy. I'm ready for life to slow down a bit. Only 8 more days I think, and then I'll be done doing pies for the stand. I love doing it, but everything else suffers.

Yesterday morning I went to help do eye glasses. I requested and got trained on how to "neutralize" (means figure out the Rx) glasses. She has the newer machine that finds the Rx and then prints out a label. I'm getting the old machine that you have to line things up right, and then write down the Rx. Did that until noontime and then took the pie into the doctor's office and did my grocery shopping at Aldi's. Got home & started baking the pies for today.
    Took Blaise to get his hair cut. He looks so cute with it buzzed all around with it a bit longer on the top. After dinner we watched Inside Out...cute movie. Then I spent the rest of my evening making fillings and drying washed glasses.

This morning is Bible study. I'll have all my pies baked before I leave for that. I had a customer stop in yesterday asking if I could make some cookies for her daughter's BD that's tomorrow. The girl wants my sugar cookies instead of a cake. I feel honored! Anyways, I'd like to get those baked this afternoon. Really need to sit down and pay some bills.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 09-21-2017, 07:20 AM.

Good morning.

Yep...it looks like the A/C could be turned back on today. Getting it cooled down before I get back home today.

Today is "shot in the back" day. Getting so tireds of these...especially when they don't last as long.

Everyone play nice today.

I believe . . .
    that either you control your attitude
    or it controls you.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...today is the day that I speak to the group at my friends work. She is working from home this morning...I am being slow about starting my day..cori is loving this slow start day. She is asleep on me...my friend and I will have lunch on the way to bring me home. I have no plans for the rest of my day..mayb a nap...I drank a big glass of tea too late in the day. So I was up and down all night.

Comment

Good Morning. Hi Donna! Hi beth!

Whew! Early start. Cat. Got lots done, even cooked bacon and waffles for John. Loaded a couple of cases of water into the refrig.

Been fooling with this darn printer. Need to print out vehicle registration payment online, but printer is not feeling it.

Trash Day! Gonna fill up that dumpster with something.

jostoy, sending good wishes for your shot today and hope it lasts a long long time. Hot here, as well. 90's.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
          Yesterday we went to the bank and closed my accounts. I can't believe that if we don't add to the savings account every month they'll charge us $10 a month for keeping my account. Thats a new policy. That's crappy. We're retired, I'm no longer working, so there's nothing to go in regularly. So maybe today, or in the very near future, we'll go to another bank. This is my personal "emergency or rainy day" account, partly from when I did work umpteen years ago, and partly my inheritance from my mom, also many years ago.

So today remains in the 90's here, but will drop to the low 90's tomorrow. The weekend should be in the 80's, then go back up a little bit.

This morning I feel off.....dizzy, actually. That's odd. Guess I'll close for now, maybe post again later when I feel better.

Have a good day, everyone.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I think around here with the senior accounts I am ok but I know Sierra had a terrible time picking a bank with all the petty fees. Even for a student they want balances and account action...and they do not care if you close an account and move it. Remember the good old days when there were no bank fees?

It was 56* when I went out to the freezer for baby milk this morning. Yesterday was our coolest day of the week: it got up to 72*. And then the wind came through and blew my blinds around in my bedroom window and scared the cat! It also rained yesterday afternoon. What a great surprise. One of the daycare moms was soaking wet form being out on a run when it started to rain.

So today is more of the same. One child may be home with Grandma, but both toddlers and the baby will be here. Next week one toddler is going on a trip to Iowa and that will lighten the diaper load...some days!

My meeting last night went too long and too redundant. Too many remarks and questions by a person at my table that just seemed for attention more than needing information. I got the information I needed, namely, read the restraining order I was given by a daycare parent to see that it is current and includes the daycare, and there are many providers dealing with some issue in this area. I was the first to leave when the final remarks were said by the three LE people who came (who all had their sidearm on!). I did not wait to see if my name would be drawn for any of the attendance prizes. I was ready to go home. I doubt that I will be going to the out of town meetings. I get up too early to stay up that late and still drive 35 miles home...ugh. I used to do that sort of thing all the time 10 years ago!

No more complaining. I will check back and see what the rest are doing.
          I agree with you, Jo: the banks are not working at all with that money so why ding your account???

Have a good day, Everyone!

Comment

Morning..overcast this morning but still suppose to be hot. Yesterday my knee ached all day...acted like it didn't want to hold me up. Well something to needs to hold me up and it better be the knee whose job it is to help. A year ago it bothered me so bad I had to turn down a week at the beach with my sister and her family and still the doctor found nothing wrong. Now it is back and I am almost afraid to go back to the doctor for fear of another bunch of x-rays for a 'nothing wrong' diagnosis. You know, some times a nothing wrong can be pretty darn painful!

Here is a believe it or not for you...the birthday cake is still uncut!!! We sang and made all the birthday jokes but no one was ready for cake. I am thinking of having some for breakfast then for lunch and if son does not take his turn to cook today, we may all sit down to making it our supper meal! 3 more birthdays this year! Gets expensive when they cluster.

Andrew has a social studies test today and we studied hard. He sat down to tell me he knew nothing about the Indians and he didn;t even remember talking about them in school. Once we got into it he did remember some things and actually knew a lot. He cracks me up when he thinks telling me he doesn't know or care will deter me in any way. Not having math homework this week has really left time for other homework. We need more time (and a better attitude would help) but sometimes he is actually willing to put in the work. That math just sucks the time away and makes everyone frustrated.

I had thought about painting this afternoon but with the overcast skies and my aching knee guess I will put it off another day. Jon is off today but he and Andrew have some project going in the basement so I expect he will be playing down there. Pool needs to closed and grass cut but he will get to that. See how he started another project without finishing the porch? He bounces like Trigger from project to project.

Cardinals won last night but time is running out for a playoff position. Blues were tied in their exhibition game but I did not catch a final score not that it matters. Opening day is coming up in a few weeks!!

Jostoy hope this shot gives you relief and lasts longer. Cookie, always busy. Elaine you start way to early! I'm still in my jams sipping coffee! Have a great day all.

Comment

Good Morning. Not bad here, at least outside, kind of chilly in the house. Not sure if we are going to the store tonight or not.

Comment

got booted out. try again

Comment

i must have put something in post that was illegal. ha.
                  Paula, you gotta have spunk to run a business. i hated all committee meetings so very seldom let myself be talked into serving
                  JoG. i came very very close to closing an account at a bank when they wanted to charge me a $3 fee to make me a paper copy of my monthly statement.
                  wanted me to do it online. I refused. the account has a goodly amount in it and I was ready to write a check and take my money out but wiser managers
                  cancelled the fee. a lot of fuse for $3 but they are using MY money. all I wanted was a piece of paper. they are making up the same thing that I could have printed off the internet and I said no. see my advice to Paula, spunk. lol

have lost this once . will now try to post.

Comment

There was no negotiating with this guy, Maye. Rules are rules, and that was their policy. So I got them to write a cashiers check for the whole shebang. Even cleaned out the security box we had there, before they started adding fees to that.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X