Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday Sept 19th....Let's get it started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Sept 19th....Let's get it started!

Good Morning! I keep peeking in to see if anyone has started this, and it's just not happenin', so I'm starting it & I'll be back to finish my post later.

Yesterday was good. No brain fog. Lacked energy for a while, but it eventually kicked in. Sue & I made & rolled a bunch of pie dough. She then went out to putter in the dirt, and I kept working in the kitchen. Made & baked 6 pies, 2 carrot cakes, and 4 PB pies. Doesn't sound like much, but it all takes time. Plus I prepped the 6 pies for today.

Aunt J came and scooped almost an entire box of lard into 1 Cup blobs. We had a nice chat. Uncle Dave slept the entire time she was gone. Had to get dinner ready early because Blaise's soccer practice was at 5:30. Had a chat with the coach & informed him that if Blaise's unsportsmanlike behavior reared it's ugly head again, that I was yanking him from the game.

This morning I've just been puttering along cleaning this & that. Went to the pool place after dropping off the pies & got the algacide for the pool closing. Think once Blaise gets home, we are going to the library.

Oh....Cork fixed my dryer, so I'm back in business!

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 09-19-2017, 10:43 AM.

Good morning.

Gosh...where is everyone.

Nothing on my plate for today.

I believe . . .
    that you can keep going
    long after you can't.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

Cat in trap out under pecan trees prompted a neighbor to stop in this morning at 7:30. Totally slowed my momentum for the day.

As to the cat, we could not take him to animal control yesterday because of our afternoon tied up at center, but this morning we will take him in. He is definitely feral and is the one who attacked our cat. King has no means of defense, and he had to make a trip to the doc for antibiotics, which he just LOVED.

So this morning is mapped out, and we'll see how the rest of the day unfolds.

Hugs to All !

So happy to see noggie and jostoy posting.

Comment

Good Morning! Finally got a little rain last night. Actually I think it was more show than rain but any precipitation is appreciated! It has been so horribly dry.

Yesterday was a good day. Cleaned up the house and found Jon had brought up pork steaks so put them in the oven on low all day. Baked a potato and made a big salad and all four of us were home. It was a very nice meal. Andrew gave us a demo on how to correctly hold his drum sticks then had to go through all the ways NOT to hold them. Why do kids do that? He spent more time on the wrong way than the right way! No homework so yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today Sierra and I are going for our flu shots and need to stop off for a gift certificate...tomorrow is Jon's birthday and I forgot. Sierra ask Andrew what to get dad for his birthday and he said I already ask him and he said gift certificate. How could the kid remember when the adults forgot? However, last night was the only night this week we will all be together and this is his weekend to work. Looks like it will be an incomplete party list. Should pick up a cake while out too today.

Read this morning that Toys or Us is going bankrupt. How sad. I hate to see all these stores close. I order a lot and more and more on line but I also like and need to get into the stores. Especially for clothes. I buy clothes in stores because I need to try them on and want to see how it looks besides making a return by mail is not easy. I know Jon does most of his toy shopping at the toy store because he can see it all together and how it runs or works or if it is cheaply made. We are going to miss our stores when the malls shut down. I actually like the shopping experience...it is therapy for me!

More hurricanes coming and read that the world was ending Saturday. That gives me less than a week to clean up my act. Not enough time to do the internal cleanup I will need. To late now so off to be my normal self today...maybe it will be good and maybe it won't but I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Comment

Good Morning, slept in, actually fell asleep on the couch, woke up shut everything down and went to bed, didn't even hear Candie's alarm go off.

Dr appointment went fine, no sign of the AFIB yesterday.

Then stopped by the clinic and dropped off the application for patient assistance for my lantus, had been going around with them about it. Talked to the Sanofi rep and and told them what she told them, they said they would send it in.

They had a bunch of veggies sitting there and the girl said to take what we wanted so the didn't go to waste, so I got a small watermelon, a bunch of yellow tomatoes and some red ones (Candie doesn't care for the yellow)

Have a super day everyone

Comment

Good morning! Nice cool
            Morning!
            No baby today and only one toddler so I am taking it as a rest day!

Feral cats are a huge problem here. People try and catch, neuter and release, but it is hard. Sorry that King got hurt, Elaine.

I cleaned floors and the bathroom this morning. I also took down a summer floral picture but need a sturdier nail to hang my Fall picture. Such problems, right?

Gotta go, kids here!

Comment

Good morning.
              I woke at just before 7 this morning. I seldom sleep in that late.....must have needed the sleep.
              Looks bright an sunny out this morning. It's going to get to the high 90's.

Went to E's orthopedic surgeon yesterday. He has to get the PCPs okay today for the surgery that the surgeon wants to do ASAP. I requested that when it's scheduled, to please have it early in the day, because by the time he'll be leaving the hospital.....well, I'll have to drive, and I can't drive in the dark. So she made a note of that and said it'll be her first surgery of the day. And his arm will be totally immobile while healing, which will take 8-12 weeks. So I'll be doing all the driving then. I hate driving! I hate being in traffic with the large numbers of crazies out there. And I'm not too happy that he is critical of me taking my routes instead of his, or him judging every movement I make at the wheel. (Often I'll just say "shut up" and try to ignore the little grunts or noises he makes when I'm doing something he thinks he'd do better.). Oh well. We'll get through it.

We stopped at The Black Bear for a small meal on the way home. There really are no "small" meals. What's listed as "less" still makes at least 2 meals. Maybe I just don't like the country cooking style all that much. I wanted to see what the to-do was about for the chicken & waffle meal. The waffle was larger than expected....the little "shot glass" of syrup didn't cover half of it. The chicken breast was pounded quite flat and deep fried. A bit over fried. I had 3 bites of it. I brought it home to remove the breaking and dice the chicken for soup. The fruit cup was good. I guess when we go there again, I'll stick with breakfasts or salads. And forget desserts. They serve twice as much dessert than what is healthy. It fills a soup bowl.

Today, no particular plans, except maybe drop off the letter to the PCP about the surgery. Might enjoy a jaunt through Target if E feels like it.

Maxie, if Saturday is the end of the world, we can go off our diets and binge on whatever we choose! We can max out our credit cards....get more credit cards and max out those, too. Take a trip to some exotic place we otherwise wouldn't! Yay!
              😄😂🤣

Good luck Elaine in giving that cat up. I hope Animal Control will take it without a fuss. We caught one in Phx, years ago, wild and loud. What we ended up doing is driving way out in the country and letting him out there. Enroute he made such loud, nasty noises, and I wasn't sure that cage was going to hold him. But the animal shelter didn't want it. He was just horrible in our efforts to get him anywhere.

Hi Maye....hope you'll be back here soon.

Wishing you all a super-duper day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
                determined commented
                Editing a comment
                I hate to drive in traffic too. My answer to the side seat driver is to give fair warning that I will just stop the car and get out and walk away. Of course they all know I'm crazy enough to do it.

Good morning everyone..

It is nice day..Did my morning chores...Was the jeans & mop the kitchen floor..Oh boy..It was dirty...
              I miss you Maye.!!!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Rant: Today is trash pick-up day here. Apparently someone had switched out our recycle-blue barrel and left us theirs with the bottom smashed out. E called the city trash customer service and reported it. We'll be getting a new one. But still.... you know? Sadly, from a receipt that E found in the trash barrel, the culprit is a military person. We just don't know which neighbor it is. I'd guess it'd be within 1/2 a block. They certainly came onto our property late at night to make the switch. How stupid is that! All they had to do was call the city to get a replacement.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good afternoon

I set here holding my breath wondering if it is possible I am really here...typed in new name, new password and have fingers and toes crossed it will post this.

had great day making grease balls. at donna's.. she is such good company.we are on the same wave length.

have missed you all so much.. but .... I have been able to READ the Round table ,, just not post.. so all of you cross your finger that when I hit "post reply " it does. here goes

Comment

it did !!!!!!!!!!!! someone , somewhere is to be thanked for getting me HOME...

Comment

• determined
                      determined commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hip hip hooray, Aunt Maye is home

• noggie
                      noggie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hooh-rah! Hi there..

Wheeeeeee! Welcome back, Maye!!!!!!!! I'm so glad this is working out for you now. 🤗
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X