Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...Sept. 17

Good morning everyone.

​Well I got over the "lazies" yesterday and got the garden tilled so I could plant the grass seed. That's right folk's...no more gardening for me. Next year I will plant 2 tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets. Will build a long "flower box" to plant a couple of cucumber plants.

​My back just won't let me do all the gardening anymore. Besides that, my soil just wouldn't produce any more. I had the soil tested and put what they said it needed, but it didn't seem to help.

Today it is S.S. and Church. After that, it's resting time.

Everyone have a good one.

I believe . . .
    that you can do something in an instant
    that will give you heartache for life.
    Last edited by jostoy; 09-17-2017, 06:29 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning.
    Jostoy, I've given up my gardening this past year, too. It's been too much for me, with my health issues.

Well, it's lazy Sunday here for us. I doubt we'll have another overcast day. Will be reading the paper this morning, then
    this afternoon it's a visit to the Gaslight Theater, and dinner out afterwards. A simple day.

Have a great day, everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, almost cold here, but then all the windows are open. Molly didn't want to stay out for long this morning.

Everyone have a great day

Comment

Good morning I am being lazy this morning..my allergies are horrible. I had fun helping at dog park raising for county run animal shelter...so many beautiful dogs. Most were very big we'll mannered dogs.

Off to Bible Study in a bit.

Comment

Morning...oh is my back sore and the back of my thighs and did we finish? NOOOOO! We have one section to go and need to get going before evening showers roll in. We got a late start yesterday because my son finally said he can hang to lattice so we ran out and bought that so it is here without any more excuses. We had to stop for lunch, well that is a given!, and then home to work. It was so hot and the breaks were more frequent and got longer but we were going along until we hit the wasps. We destroyed the nest under the railing but the little guys kept coming back looking for it. We were to tired and hot to fight them. Then, this paint that I bought,,you know, the $50 a can one coat crap? Well, let us just say that I hope the guy that sole it to me has his pants on fire and a nose grown so long he cannot get into his car! But we have the paint and a second coat is nothing after the work of the first coat. Midway through the day Jon looks up and says it may be to much white. What! Just shut up and keep painting and we will sort out to much white later.

So nothing going on around here but paint and sore backs. Much bigger job than I anticipated but then I am much older than the last time I painted a porch. Have several baskets of laundry to do so may start that while waiting for the last side to move into the shade. House is a wreck. Funny how that happens when you are concentrating on something else.

Was reading an interesting article on the New Madrid earthquake fault this morning. My son Scott in right on the fault line in southern missouri and has an earthquake kit. We laugh at him but he is usually always prepared. Not that it would matter if you are on the fault line!

Sierra came in right after work last night and had little to say. My joy level always rises when I hope there is trouble in paradise. Paula I thought that was funny about the Harry Potter books. My husband bought our first second tv so I could go to bed and watch hockey and leave him to whatever he wanted to watch in peace.

Still rioting and doing damage in St. Louis. U2 concert was cancelled last night. Thank goodness the Cards are in Chicago...and lost again. Listened to the game on the radio....remember when you did everything outside with the baseball game on the radio? Did I just age myself?

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday. If we have any strength left we will do a family grocery shopping later on. There is never food in this house...never!!

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            When our Red Bluff Little League went to the World Series in PA (the first time they went), Everyone on our street was listening and had our doors open (screen doors) and you could hear we were all listening on the radio (before ESPN ) and we would all be cheering up and down the block!
            Now that is a great memory! Long time ago, too...1976???? I would have to go to the LL field and look at the huge memorial that was put up in honor of that team to know the actual year. Gary would know it, but I just relied on him for important dates. My mom brain was too busy keeping track of diapers, toys and dogs!

It is a nice cool morning here, too. 70* in the house and the windows are open. I love it when the lows are down in the 60's. good sleeping on those nights.

The charity walk yesterday went well and the park afterward was good. Becky's friend spoke and some of her story I was not even aware of. Becky keeps confidences very well, and some of what Debbie said in her speech BEcky knew from her volunteering at the shelter, working with Debbie as one of the shelter managers. I did not know that she had been one of the guests about 5 years ago. That was before Becky started volunteering.

Today is church and I will be online finding next week's daycare work. I want to use our outdoor space for some learning activities and need to get that set up.

More quilting this afternoon and then I am sending it with the girl's grandmother and not sure if I have any more quilts in me to do. My right hand is either bothered by carpal tunnel or arthritis...either way, it makes holding a needle and doing stitches really hard.

Hope your Sunday is restful and renewing! right now I can hear the chimes of the First Baptist church playing hymns. On a normal work day the noise of cars, buses and kids going to school keeps me from hearing it. Such a beautiful sound!

Comment

Working...
          X