Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LABOR DAY, September 4th

Good morning.
    I hope your holiday weekend is still fun for you.

We have a morning temp of 73° Today, but will get to 104° today. Surely, temps must be going to drop soon here.

I'm doing better today. Never did hear from the doc. Which probably means "go to the ER", which I really hate. But I'm down to the residual aftermath of whatever I've been going through. Just minor discomfort left in my upper torso. But I can take deep breaths without repercussion, today. Which means I'll be up and moving about more today.

No plans to go anywhere today. But I will sit out in the sunshine a bit later.
    Til E awakes, I'll just sit here reading and drinking lemoned tea. ☕️

Have a wonderful day! ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Happy Labor Day..even if it is the official end of summer! Going to be an unexpected 95 today and then a cold front will come in and be in the 70s tomorrow. What a summer for bouncing temps. Jon was off this weekend so working today and I just so happen to have a fridge of leftovers for supper. Need to empty the freezer so the repairman can get to the ice maker tomorrow. Guess it needed a good cleaning out anyway and I know there is plenty of room in the deep freeze. I have a tooth causing discomfort but not sure which tooth it is so may need to call the dentist this week. Always something to spend money on. Glad you are feeling better Jo. Maybe it was just a bug of some type. No plans for me today but sit around and watch the Cardinals play in San Diego this afternoon. Oh my, Paula, saw the wild fires on the news this morning...no wonder you have smoke...they seem to cover the entire state of California. Happy Labor Day and time to change the door decor tomorrow.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Suppose to be 80 here today and then back to freezing again.

Yesterday was good. Came home from church & SS, got pies delivered, and then came home to bake & cook some more. While baking today's pies, I bake us a BIG 10" apple pie for our family picnic yesterday afternoon. Lots of laughs and good food.

This morning I finally got to sleep and not wake to an alarm. Didn't get up until 8:15, which is WAY later then the 6am I've been getting up at for the last 3 or 4 weeks. My feet hit the floor running though. I've lost my keys to my car. I'm using the spare, but it doesn't have a fob. So today I'm cleaning & doing tons of laundry. For some reason this past week I just couldn't get into the laundry mode.

Have had a couple rounds with Blaise. His bad attitude has GOT to change. You can be mad, but don't you dare roll your eyes, stomp your foot, or yell at me. It's not my fault he didn't brush his teeth last night. He's been warned that if he doesn't brush teeth, there is no electronics, then sneaking onto the computer while I was delivering pies just earned him another day of no electronics. The REALLY made him mad. NOT MY FAULT!!!! Kids!

Time to get busy again. Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, he'll learn, eventually. His punishments will definitely make him think twice.

Thanks, Maxie. It's not just a big. I'm not sure what the start of it is, but I expect its anemia. The rest, believe it or not, seems to be allergy based. And the winds here have definitely kicked up the pollens and molds. Trouble is, post nasal drip can cause infection in stomach and or lungs, and fortunately mine didn't. Yay! (I'm glad I looked it up and found a logical answer. It's something the doctors don't seem to give a crap about.)

I have to post a note here that my DD middle girl sent me. Hope it works.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, not bad here but is overcast, kids are planning to bbq today, I will fix pasta salad, DJ bought corn on the cob, not sure what else they plan on having.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Comment

Three minutes till noon, so good morning!
            Yesterday it smelled like everyone at church had gone to a campfire and then wore the same clothes to church!
            And that was before most had arriv d!
            By the time we walked out the air quality numbers ( for particles in the air) had gone up!
            And be the end of the evening I had a headache.
            So, I am not doing much outside today, except watering. 114 on the weekend and grateful fo air conditioning. We baked yesterday and took dinner to a family in town going through some struggles.
            I posted the picture of the grape salad I made and will definitely be making it again! I even found the wooden bowl my friend and I saw and loved in the recipe. Searched everywhere online I could think of, even asked my Disney brother to check their shops, and heard from the food blogger she got it at Target Years ago. I looked only ne at Target and there it was! Still selling the one of a kids no wooden, free form bowl.
            I will post the recipe in the kitchen forum.
            Have a great day!
            Maxie, I saw the Cards were playing the Giants...my kids were A's fans, but Everyone I know here are Huge Ginants fans! Any given day of the week one of my daycare kids will be wearing their stuff!

Comment

Working...
            X