Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 29th

good morning to you all.

Way too cool for an August morning.. only 58.. please don't leave yet Summer.!!!

a trip to library my biggest deal today..

David's Dr. called last evening about 6pm.. his C-scan and other test do not indicate any signs of kidney stones...altho' the pain in that one spot is still there...not severe but There.... so he wants David to have the lab test.. PHA?..check for prostrate problems?. the c-scan showed an enlargement. altho that would be normal for his age .. OR... he could have pulled a muscle and hasn't left it settled down..... like when he was using the weed eater.... OR he could have started to fall and caught himself. and did not tell me about it. Old guys are Cagey like that.

Granddaughter Carrie stopping in this afternoon.. going to take down the curtain in the living room.. wash the window all around.. its a ladder job .while I wash the curtain. and then get all back up..

be back to read.. have a great day..
    Hi Paula, SAssyGirl
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning....I have day full today...I am working this morning...this afternoon right after work I am going to donate blood...They are asking for blood for Texas. I was a regular donor in the past haven't given on regular basis in years...Hoping I don't faint or anything...Then my helper lady and I will be making a big grocery trip to aldis seems I am out of almost every!! LOL Then we will head home to do chores and cook a good supper with left overs especially if I am going to give blood I need a good lunch and a decent supper...I think that I will get some hamburger meat at the store and make spagetti or I will go with my 2nd plan chili mac...Just so I eat more than a bowl of ceral or something like that.

Yesterday was pretty ok...work and exploring on historical main street...I love historical main street...and will never get bored with it...my friends in IL think that I am crazy...but oh well....I had a guy from IL and old friend ask me if I wanted him to come see me.....or if I would ever date him...I told him I didn't know about the visit and NO about dating...I can't trust who he might bring with him or what he might try while he was here....both reason I wouldn't go to his home in IL much and he never was allowed to come visit me in IL.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a pretty sunny one.

Yesterday was a bit discombobulated, but that's a typical Monday. Had Sue & Aunt J here with me in the morning. Blaise was off school for an Act 80 day, which I'm not sure what that is. During the afternoon Blaise & I went into town. Finally got to the library. Only missing one book now. Then it was off to pick up a few groceries.

While in town I got a call from a friend needing cookies, so once I got home, & organized (sort of), I started making up her tray. She came just as I was pulling out all the cookies from the freezer, so she got to create her own tray. She got tempted by all the pies & bought one too. Once she left, I got to thinking about dinner. I put eye glasses in the dishwasher after dinner, and got those washed & I dried them while watching TV. One more box to do. Need to have them done for tomorrow morning when I go to Sandy's to help sort & separate more eyeglasses. She has a request for 6,000 pair to go on a mission trip in October.

Today is more of the same, except I'm home alone. Sue is here working outside. I'm trying to find my energy. Got the pies baked, but now I have to think about a bunch of PB pies & carrot cakes.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning Rounders. To clear things up. I am with my oldest daughter Candie, the house has an apartment in the basement that my son DJ and his "wife" Judy live in it. Her daughter Krystal is in the bedroom up here but eats with them. So when we cook upstairs it would be Candie and me, downstairs is DJ, Judy, and Krystal, sometimes Krystal will eat with us. I'm here because Ellen and Larry are having some problems with the fact that his job has been cut way back for a bit (he delivers food to schools and colleges so until they all restart his hours are cut back).

This evening Candie, Krystal and I are going to the state fair for a bit. Told her I can always find a place to sit and people watch if I get to hurting to bad to walk.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds like so fun, going to the State Fair! I haven't been to ours in years and our little county fair is nothing like a state one.
          have fun!

Well, the temperature is going up again, so no problem with having summer here, Maye! It will be 111 today! It was 75 when I went out at 5:00.
        I forgot to tell you, Maye and everyone else, that Saturday I did go to the open house for the new library a nd it was packed with people! I had to drive around quite a bit till I found a place to park. Then I went back later with Becky. I checked out two books and signed up to join the Friends of the Library...Our old library (which was a Safeway store before it was the library) was sold (taken over) to the county for added jail space (!) and the new library is the former newspaper building that has been remodeled. funny thing is I remember when the newspaper office was new and the open house we went to there! And the open house grand opening for theSafeway store when it was new and one of our friends was an assistant manager...I have been in this town a long time. and considering my growing up years were all over because of the Navy, being in one place for 44 years means I have almost too many stories I could tell.
        I am certainly keeping Texas and all in the path of this hurricane in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how those people feel and how long it will take to recover from this.
        Hope you all are doing well and the medical issues get some answers that can be worked out. I am hoping David has a kpulled muscle and is on the mend soon!
        Better go; the dogs are barking to go out!.

Comment

Good morning, early birds.
          Actually I've been up for a couple of hours, but didn't feel too good. So I sat and read for a while, then had cereal and my morning meds. Doing better now.
          Today I get my hair cut. That'll feel good.
          Don't know if E will want to do anything after that, or just come home. Doing his arm exercises, his arm has been bothersome more than usual. But at least he's off his pain pills.
          Otherwise, it's just another day. And it'll be another hot one.

Am concerned about the people in Texas. So many homes lost. So much destruction. Hurricane Harvey was likened to Katrina...remember that one? I still remember Camille! I was reading today that with climate change actually upon us now, these weather disasters can be expected to be more frequent now. 😳

Beth, the blood donations aren't difficult. After they get a unit of blood, you will get a snack and drink to renew your energy, and you sit there for 15 minutes so they can determine that you won't faint. You will be fine.

Hope you all have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Janet! Hi Donna! Hi Paula! Hi Jo! Hi beth!

Not too much to report. We have 4 nephews and 3 nieces and their families in the storm area, but thankfully, none of them are dealing with flooding. Still raining, however.

We, on the other hand, are dry dry dry and hot hot hot. Crazy!

Working on Retired Teachers Yearbook, and this will be my last one until the next newsletter comes along. Thankfully, my nephew in Dallas ordered me a new fan for my computer, and my nephew here, Frank, installed it. so as of now. computer is up and running.

Hope everyone has a good day. I hear my washer calling me.

Comment

Another sunny cool morning..guess fall is near and summer heading out. Almost September. Made my phone calls yesterday and things settled for a couple of days but seems something is always popping up that needs attention..or money thrown at it! The hairdresser was not in yesterday so need to call her again this morning because a haircut is crucial!!! Jon is not coming home after work and Sierra not until 5:30 so it will be me meeting the bus and trying to find a snack that is healthy enough to classify as supper. I will not run a cafeteria and Andrew must eat immediately! He is a growing boy. He said yesterday that the entire class has computers but they are staying at school. I am wondering if that is why we have not had much homework? It is being done in class? He did say he will not be bringing home spelling this year. WHOOPPEE!!!! He also brought home a band slip and acted like it was a disease someone wanted him to catch. His dad, sister and I all tried to talk him into band but he is not an extra circular kinda of guy. We even have a trumpet...but if Andrew cannot beat it with a stick or use a power tool on it he is not interested. He is his own man for sure. Sorry David is still suffering but doctors love to run test and hopefully they will find the right one. Smart girl Beth! If you do not trust a guy then take no chances. Cookie you just keep going and going...This old gal is upset because Sierra just left and I have to carry groceries myself this morning. tomorrow I have a bone density test and have no idea what to expect. it is because of my para thyroid problem. Oh that Texas flooding is so horrible!! Weatherman was quick to tell us the pop up showers we had yesterday were not from Harvey but they will be coming this weekend. I read grocery stores are opening their warehouses to dispense what items they have in stock free. Wonder where FEMA is? Always last to show (and I did not make the crack I was going to make). Darla, then all your children are close? Think I will grab another cup of coffee and then a shower. Time to think about what to feed the masses!

Comment

I wouldn't date him or play his games when we lived in the same town...why would I now. There is an extremely short list of guys I would trust.

Comment

Working...
                X