Tuesday Aug 22nd.....I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Aug 22nd.....I think

Good Morning! The sun is shining, but I don't think for long. Rain in the forecast today.

Yesterday was very good, though a bit of rough start. I'm now use to having my pies ready to pop in the oven first thing, and yesterday I had to make them all up. I went to mix up the strawberry rhubarb pie that was ordered, and by golly I had no rhubarb left. Sue picked some up for me before coming out. Thank God for Sue!

We did up a bushel & a half of peaches and half a bushel of nectarines. Made them all up into pie filling. That took up most of our morning. After Sue left, Blaise & I headed out to meet Becca for lunch. Always nice to see her. She's such a strong independent young woman.

Came home and prepped the pies for today. Baked some nectarine pies for today, and took 2 of them down to Lew & Greg at the stand. Their request for a pie each, and my treat to them to get it fresh out of the oven. They treat me well, and I try to treat them well. Came home and Blaise & I went down for a swim. BTW....the eclipse was very anti-climatic around here. The sun shone the whole time.

This morning it's baking pies & making berry fillings. Today is Blaise's last day of summer vacation. He's ready to go back to school and I'm ready for him to go too. As a last hurrah, Cork & I are taking him to see Nut Job 2 later this afternoon once Cork gets home from work. If it doesn't storm like they are predicting, we'll go swimming. The a/c is already on this morning. It never really cooled way down last night. Good night for the tomatoes and other crops that need warm nights. Can you tell I work with farmers?

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine....I hope that did not wake everyone up...With my sewing machine...
    I have supper in the crockpot...I have one project done...I have few more to do...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you sewing?

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookielady,i am sewing baby pillows..

Good rainy morning. Do not know exactly how the eclipse went around here even though Sierra and I were sitting outside under the umbrella on the patio. Clouds moved in and out and we could hear thunder so not the greatest of viewing here. We did feel the temps change but they immediately went back up so that was neat. So now Andrew's birthday and the eclipse are over and it is back to normal. It rained most of the night and into this morning...a gentle rain like we do not see normally any more. Was listening and reading on face book about the horrendous traffic after the eclipse. Interstates heading north were parking lots and the locals were all over fb complaining about it taking hours to get home. Glad I was home...as it was ANdrew's bus was 40 minutes late again and I doubt too many parents will be putting up with that much longer. We never complain because there is always someone else to do it so much better than us. And probably with more graphics! Just makes for a long day for these kids. Do not have much else to say...laundry and find something for supper. Think Jon is going to be late and I need to meet the bus since Sierra is going to work straight from class but since I went to bed before 9"00 last night that was never set up and clarified. I need clarification or it messes up my day. My laundry awaits and the dishwasher needs unloaded so it can be reloaded with last nights snack dishes. We need the rain so I am going to enjoy it...

Comment

Good morning!
      It's a gorgeous, sunny morning here, not a cloud in the sky. It's supposed to hit 102° today....maybe to make up for yesterday?
      E did an experiment with the temperatures yesterday. In the morning he put his iPad outside (in whatever app he'd set up on it). It recorded the gradual rise in temp in the morning. However, DURING the eclipse, the temperature stopped rising and remained stable. Then at the end of the eclipse it began rising again. For some reason it didn't go all the way up to the forecasted temp, but just to a degree or two below it. Incredible!
      Odd, it was also during the eclipse that the sunlight looked a bit diffused to me, just not as bright as it had been. (E has quit telling me I'm nuts --- or an equivalent, not so outright. I can see subtle colors that he can't. So now he chalks it up to my "artist's eyes".) Anyway, yesterday did feel a bit cooler to me, even without seeing the temp. E didn't show me the graph right away because I was a bit busy. Meant to watch Nova last night, but forgot to.

Yesterday I cooked up some really huge chicken breasts which also had "rib meat" on them, used one for chicken salad supper, and the rest was turned into pulled chicken for sandwiches or to go with rice or pasta.

So that was pretty much my day.
      Nothing much actually scheduled for today. But some chores will find me, I'm sure.
      I've already taken care of the dishwasher (empty/refill) detail and washed some pots & pans that E didn't get around to.
      Plus had my breakfast.

Have a great day, everyone. 🤗

Hi Maxie. We've already had some record rainfall here, but I don't think it's really enough. Still hoping for more before the month ends. So you felt the coolness too, yesterday! We can say, then, that the eclipse is "really cool" whether we see it or not, right? 😂
      Last edited by JoGee; 08-22-2017, 09:21 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning,

very warm outside already.. but hey,! its Summer!... got both cars back in our own garage and lets hope they are done being cranky,,, the two of them were a huge bill of expense this month!..
        now if we can just get DAvids kidney stone "problem". resolved.. ..he don't get the c-scan until Friday.. he is still hurting but under control with pain pills. so far..
        ...I am going to cancel my eye exam scheduled for tomorrow..,no hurry to do that.. and I never know when David will suddenly need attention.. .....

be back to read later

~~~~ at SassyGirl. I had crockpot roast beef couple days ago. yummmmy and easy to fix.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye..That sound good..We are having porkchops.....And it is so easy...And clean up too

It was just a little difference in the sunlight during the eclipse but I had family and friends in areas of totality and their pictures were so interesting!
        The two I liked the most were a colander picture from my MN brother and a shipboard picture from the FL brother. He put their name tags in the deck and took a picture showing the crescent shape between them. When cast members saw him they all started lining up to do the same! He and his wife are on a 4 day cruise which is a thank you gift from cast members. When any of the Disney ships come into port they host the church members working on them and take them for shopping, etc. Most are in the entertainment cast. His daughter who worked at Epcot got it started and they just enjoy it!
        Have a great day! Baby just got here!

Comment

Good morning...my week end of ballooning was awesome! The eclipse was amazing! The 4.5 hour trip back to parents have taken an hour and 15 minutes. Traffic was crazy. Finally got back to my house around 1030...cori wouldn't let me sleep
          .going on 3 hours of sleep..hoping dor either a nap or early bed time

Comment

Working...
          X