tgif 7/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tgif 7/28

Good morning all...I am up but not too perky...my mouth is hurting...the tooth they filled is giving me more pain than where they put the screw in to attach the implant too.

I don't remember much of yesterday...I went to my sister's house after my appointment and crashed on her couch...came home late last night and crashed in my bed....

Working a short day today...coming home and crashing.

Hope you feel better today Beth! Yesterday was an on again off again rainy day with a drop of sun mid day...today looks like full blown sun. It turned out to be another do nothing day...got an oil change and tire rotate early then thought I would come home to work around here but Jon ask if I wanted to take a ride and if lunch is involved I am always up for a ride. So by the time we got home it was time to watch the Cardinals. Today's plan is to do some of the things I haven't done all week. Where is the time going? Tuesday is August 1st already. Enjoy your Friday....

Comment

A short work sounds good, Beth! Get rested and take care of healing up your mouth.
      I am looking at a weekend with no funerals! Two in a row these last two Saturdays and this Saturday I need to get a few more things done around the house without the added crunch of being somewhere looking nice. I realize that sounds pretty selfish of me...sorry.
      Ok, nothing crucial on my agenda except keeping the troops happy.
      After daycare Becky and I will take a few more big items to the homeless shelter yard sale which is next weekend. We have two pair of skis, the glass top to the coffee table base that we already took over, and a huge rotisserie cooker. I bought it on impulse and haven't used it once! It is so big and takes up so much space...I just want to donate it and move on.
      I do have one thing I need to get done that I just remembered: mail off the two big dog blankets to the rescue. I will not volunteer to do two again. At least not unless I get two done before they are needed, which is my goal. Just work on them and have a stack to mail as needed....Walmart will not be the source of my fleece, though. the fleece my friend bought for the top and the minky kind I bought for the bottom are too thin and pulled apart when I tried to do the loop style, so I ended up tying them, which turned out cute...anyway, I guess I do have a bit of an agenda.
      I hope you don't have too much on your To do List and hope Maye finds her way back in here.
      Oh! I love how my hair turned out last night at my appointment! I had sent my stylist a picture from Pinterest of a color style I wanted and she was all ready. We are doing it in stages and it just looked dgood last night and still this morning!
      It obviously doesn't take much to put a smile on my face!
      Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning.
        It's good to be home. But I've got dusting and stuff to catch up with now. I did several loads of laundry yesterday. The last load is still in the dryer - just socks and a few tee-shirts to fold. Since I have a few pair of pants in the style I need now, I'll be putting my others that I can't wear into the Goodwill bag.
        Today E needs to drop off laundry, and maybe get more ibuprofen...he did have a bit of a fall last weekend. Bruised his rib area muscles and nerve endings...doc said it'll hurt at least another 5 weeks. No lifting for him. We need to pick up a package from Fed Ex that came while we were gone. 2 dresses that I'd hoped to take on the trip. My meds (blood thinners) also showed up in the mail. They sure cut it close to my running out.

So not much else is going on here. That's a good thing.

Beth, hope you start feeling better today.
        Maxie, enjoy your lunch out.
        Paula, I'm thinking of making a dog blanket for DD's dog. He's an older little guy now, and seems to seek warmth. We don't think he'll be around too much longer, since he's developed medical problems and experiences pain when not medicated. Poor little guy.
        Maye, I hope to see you posting again soon.

Have a beautiful day, whatever you're doing.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

I have not been here much this week. My computer is making such a racket that I have to keep it turned off. I had to order a new door latch online 2 days ago, and it was so noisy that I didn't think I would last long enough to get it done.

On top of that, we have been trying to do yardwork. We have to get out around 7 in order to deal with the heat. We are finished as of today (for awhile). It's been so dry that nothing is growing, including the weeds. By the time we get back in, we throw together some lunch and we've about had it for the day.

Hope all is well with everyone. Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was very good. I didn't feel sick at all, just a bit tired, but nothing a power nap didn't cure. Hope for the same today.

Yesterday I spent the morning making pie filling and baking 8 pies. Cooked Cork a nice dinner. Got a call from the farm stand, and they ordered 4 more pies for today, so did those up before heading down to the pool for a nice swim with Blaise.

My SIL called yesterday to see if we could play cards Sunday AND Tuesday. Sure, why not! Come to find out she was asked to do something else Tues evening, and wanted an excuse that she wasn't available. LOL!

Ooop.......got way laid.....Have two pots of peaches on for filling. Had to run into town to the bank & Giant Eagle. About once a month GE actually has sales that I can match up with coupons. This was the week. Now back to the kitchen. Need to make 12 pies for tomorrow....at this point. They are going to start selling corn tomorrow too, so they are anticipating being busier. I KNOW how this routine goes. They'll only order 12 but about noontime they'll call and ask if I have anymore made yet because they are sold out. LOL! I'll just be prepared.

Not sure what else my day will bring. Working on getting Blaise's stuff ready for camp on Sunday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X