Thursday 7/27/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 7/27/17

Good morning...up and dressed and waiting on my parents to get ready....Will go with them this morning to care for the goats but I won't be helping this morning...I have to stay clean to go to the Dentist to have the first step of having a fake tooth put in it. I also have a cavity to get filled and will be fitted for my bottom partial. I am pretty nervous...once I get to the dentist I will take valium. I won't care about anything after that from what I understand.

Will come home and rest the rest of the day or go with my parents to my sisters couch and rest..depends on if I feel like being left alone or not.

Good morning!
    Well, I did try to post yesterday before leaving WA. I got the notice "working", but it never 'took', I guess. Then when I tried to post again, it just disappeared. Really odd.
    It was a great visit, but the week just whooshed by before we knew it. WA is so beautiful, and in the area we were in it looked like Forrest as far as the eyes can see. Mostly evergreens, but maples, and red maples, and some I can't name. One of my favorites is Alderwood trees......the way the sun hits the leaves, one side of them will shine and look silver, or icy, or like they have white flowers.....depending on the time of day, I'd guess. It looks almost magical.
    And one of the very nicest things there, is that it looks so clean! No highway trash in sight. No one dumps ash trays or used baby diapers, or any litter in parking lots, either.
    Remind me next time we go there to take long sleeved shirts. And more socks. I get chilly too easily these days. I grew up in MI, but I'm just as chilly there, too, these days.

Oh, when we boarded the plane for home, there was another couple I barely recognized....they said "Hi.......were your neighbors across the street! Well, across the street and down 2 houses. Not that we hardly ever see them. (The only time I spoke to the wife, introducing myself at the mail boxes, she was pretty snotty to me. He's much friendlier, but in a way that makes me nervous. He wanted to come in the house when no one else was at home with me.) Then another guy who worked with E said "Hi" to him as he walked toward the end of the plane. How often does that happen?

So, it's good to be back home, though. Home Sweet Home.
    There's so much to get done here before we can actually move anywhere else. And both of us are finding it very difficult to keep up with keeping up a house & yard. E had 2 falls in the last week, and I am concerned for him. Am having him call the doc today to get a quick check. And I'll be watching him more closely. Also, he has started getting a bit forgetful.
    Most of the time he is fine, though. But, as he says, he's getting to be an "old dude".

Time to unpack, sort laundry and do that, and get busy around here. We finished our meatloaf patties, but I still have plenty of pulled pork in the freezer. So cooking won't be difficult. Might make egg salad for sandwiches. Then make a shopping list.

Have a great day. Hugs 2 U all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

A rainy morning here. If it stormed I slept through it but a slow rain is coming down right now. Yesterday was hot with a triple digit heat index. Did nothing of any importance yesterday and went to bed early to watch the Cardinals play. Today looks like a laundry day. Should run the vacuum since I have been spot cleaning with the dust buster...I know, it is as pathetic as it sounds. Nothing going on around here to either complain about or celebrate. Beth hope you recuperate quickly from the dentist. everyone enjoy your day.

Comment

Jo, other than when I was in college and flying home, I have never seen anyone else on a flight that I knew!
        Good Thursday morning, Everyone! I woke up in the mood to get things done. WE will see how much I can do before that feeling runs down.
        Only half the kids here again today and that means half the little girl drama so that helps. Yesterday one of the toddlers loosened the water spigot on the Mt Shasta water I have delivered and I didn't kow until another child said, Paula, there is water all over the floor! It was still running out, as I tried to figure it out. finally realized what had been loosened and got it closed again. so much for baby-proof controls! Three towels and a lot of exasperated sighing on my part to not say anything I would regret and it got cleaned up.and we went outside and I was able to calm down. Both toddlers will be her today and I will be on alert to see that neither goes near the water!
        I hope all your schedules are good and no chaos comes your way!

Comment

Good Morning! Feels like summer again.

Yesterday was another so-so day. The morning was great. Sue & I made up tons of pie shells and I think I'll be good until next Tues. On the way home from picking up Blaise, I started feeling sick to my stomach again. I was down most of the afternoon. I had a tough time keeping my sugar level up. Felt better by supper time and made spaghetti. Ran to Saxonburg afterwards to pick up a few things. Blaise & I watched Coraline. I did get my laundry all done last night. Now to put it all away now that everyone is up & out.

This morning I scalded a half a bushel of white peaches and I'm making up peach mixed berry pie. After dropping off Blaise at VBS, I went to have my labs drawn from next week's doctors appt. Thank goodness I have an appt, or I'd be calling and making one. I don't have time to be feeling lousy. Dropped off the pies at the stand. Now I'm home & getting pies ready to go in the oven. I hope I feel OK this afternoon. I'd like to take Blaise down to the pool. It really cooled off those few cooler days. Cork said the water was only 82 last night compared to 87 last week.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
          X