Tuesday 7/25 Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 7/25 Where is everyone?

Good Morning can't believe there isn't anyone here yet.

Yes, I was wondering where everyone is. I am up and almost ready to shower and start the day. Still have a load of laundry to do and probably can find enough from last night to do yet another. Read this mornings local news and some people are still without power but Ameren hoping to have all restored by today. I am so glad we came back home to power...the older I get the less I like to be inconvenienced. Going to peel peaches and make a pie today. Did not have time yesterday so instead of a meal we will eat pie. AND I have ice cream!! Man am I looking forward to supper! Hoping everyone is delayed getting here for fun reasons. It's kinda lonely this morning with just determined and me.

Comment

Why wonder, as I am here as usual. What do you want to talk about?

Comment

Good morning.
        Today is the last day visiting DD & family. Tomorrow we catch an early flight home.....and a triple digit heat.
        We will have a nice mid-80° temp here today, though. Although her house stays cooler than that. There are lots of trees shading the homes in her area.
        E is up already. Time for breakfast and starting our day.
        You all have a good one!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I had so much to do this morning I just found time to sit down and post.
          The fleece for the dog blankets is so hard to work with. I finally have one done and the other trimmed and pinned. Walmart will never be my source for fleece again! My first blanket I got the fleece from an eBay fleece store and it was so much better!
          But this was cute and my friend bought the top
          And I bought the bottom to go with it... I guess it is a learning experience.
          I think we have sent all the necessary forms to
          AAA for my mom... I sure hope they don't ask for
          anything else...
          My goal today is to keep down the drama in daycare and stay cool! Later I will be filling the garbage cans to get rid of more of my clutter .
          High hopes!
          Have a good day!

Comment

Hey all! I'm here.

Yesterday was another busy one. Thank goodness Sue came. She mixed & rolled pie dough, and I worked on making filling out of the peaches plus making & baking a few peach pies. After picking up Blaise from VBS, had a bite to eat and then headed to Stover's to get supplies. Now I'm ready for Aunt J to come and do grease balls again. Came home and baked 9 more pies for today's order.

Becca came after her eye appt in town. She said I held her captive and MADE her eat dinner with us. Yea, right. She enjoyed every bite. Her & I then headed into Aldi's. I needed to go because I had used my last bag of flour. I was in bed by 9:45. For a midnight person, that's extremely early.

This morning we dropped off the pies early because I had plans after dropping off Blaise. I went to a friend's house and we sorted through hundreds if not thousands of donated eye glasses. I brought home a bunch that I'm going to run through the dishwasher then hand dry. They'll go back to her, and she'll then figure out the Rx. We'll then go back again and sort according to Rx. They eventually go with Eye Doctors when they go on mission trips.

Not feeling 100% right now. Stopped by the stand on the way home to get paid & pick up my pie baskets. I see they had pies left from yesterday, so at this point I'm not baking anything for them tomorrow, which I so glad for. I need to rest today. At least a bit. I've got peaches that need made into filling. It's very cool here today, so no swimming.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Have my peach pie in the oven although I have to say I lost a lot of interest while peeling those peaches. I do not know how you make dozens of them!

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              First off.....I dip all my peaches in scalding water so that the skin just slips off. I do at least a bushel to a bushel and a half of peaches a week during the "season". I then cook the filling so that I'm sure it will turn out nice & not possibly runny.

Good afternoon all.

​Sorry to be AWOL, but life gets in the way. I can't begin to tell you what all I've been doing. I also peeled a peck of peaches last Thursday to put in the freezer. I was glad just to get a peck peeled little lone a bushel that Donna does.

​Just as I was going out the door last Friday at 7:30 A, my neighbor asked if I wanted some more peaches. She bought a bushel when I got my peck. So as soon as I got back from taking E. to the Drs. in Vincennes , I started peeling peaches again. Since I had all I wanted in the freezer for me, I froze these and gave them to E.

Then Sunday morning, it had just started to sprinkle when I got in the shower. Well all HELL broke loose and I lost a huge tree limb out of my tree in the front yard. So I called E. to tell her that I probably wouldn't be to S.S., but would try to get there for church. She said she was out of power and since she lives about a mile from the church, we figured there wouldn't be any church. So I went on out to work on the tree that what part-way in the street. My neighbor used his truck to tie onto the limb and pull it down.

​After we got it out of the road, we started sawing it up and stacking it for the city to pick up on Monday. There was a lot of storm damage all over town. We even had 2 houses on fire at the same time Sunday. They thought 1 was caused by lightening and the other one is under investigation by the state fire marshal.

​Anyway, yesterday I went out to E.'s house to help pick up her limbs. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get her yard in shape so we could mow. Then it was time to deal with the kitties after I did the trim work with the push mower. I told E. I was changing the 1 kitty's name to miss Hudini as she keeps escaping out of the pin. Haven't talked to E. today to see if I finally have all the spaces of escape plugged.

​Today I got my own yard mowed and the sticks, the city didn't pick up, put in the garbage can. So that is just the last 5 days that I've told you about. There was a lot more, but enough is enough.

​Hope all have a great afternoon. Me....I'm putting my feet up for the rest of the day. It isn't my feet that are hurting, but my back. Will really be glad when Thursday gets here as I will be getting an injection to relieve some of this pain.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
            X