Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday,,,July 13

Good morning.

Had plans of sleeping in this morning, but got a text at 6 saying my cousin had passed. Just glad that hs youngest son flew in from Fl. to be with his mom.

​Today the plan is to do very little except to grocery shop. Have a few items on my list that I need.

​Maye, you asked what I was going to do withy all those turnips....well I haven't been able to raise any for several years, even though I have planted them. This year I planted by the sign for root crop, and IF I get any, some will go to my cousin as she and her husband like them also. I love them cooked in bacon grease and then mashed up with cornbread. Put a dab of vinegar and you got some good eating.

Everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-13-2017, 08:14 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Wow...where is everyone? Well, since I have nothing to do again today I will stick with my routine and drink my morning coffee with you or myself if no one else shows up. Looks like rain today and we do need it after all this heat. The potted plants are not healthy at all. The dwarf lilac is trying to produce blooms but they are not looking pretty. This bush is suppose to bloom three times and this is the first time it has tried to bloom twice. I may go out for bread and milk and cereal. We are all suddenly on a cereal kick around here. Well,guess I will be quiet and let you all sleep in.

Comment

Can't believe it is Thursday already! Two kids stay with Grandma today so it is a little quieter...
      I have been busy helping my mother count up and document her food and freezer losses from her power outage. I got it printed off and she will take it to the insurance office today. I have to take her to buy new phones this weekend, as hers were wrecked when the power blew...Two TV's also. Becky wa saying we could probably find better deals online but I just want to get it done and have her receipts in hand...one brother has already texted me thanks for all I am doing. I just am not a paperwork person, but she does not have a computer or email...so, it is a little longer process.
      Hope all of you are having a good day and avoiding the heat.
      Take care and thanks for the information on the grease balls! I like the coffee filter hint!

Comment

Good morning.
        I was awake at 3 again, read for a bit, went back to bed at 4 or 4:30'. Got up again at 6:30, here I am with tea and graham crackers.
        We did finally get some rain yesterday, after dark. About 8:30 we heard it starting, not sure if it stopped or slowed down after that. But st 9:30 E went into the yard to check the rain gauge, and it showed we got 1/4" --- better than nothing! But it didn't soften the ground st all, and there were no puddles. The air smelled good!!!
        It's funny, the weatherman must not be able to keep up with the weather. It changes overnight. Now with the rain, it may change a few times during the day. Guess Mother Nature likes to tease him. 😏
        Today we're returning to 100° for a few days, or that's how's it's looking right now.

Well, no real plans for today. E will be out for a haircut today. Alone time for me.
        Nothing spectacular going on, just the usual everyday stuff.
        Need to make a point of using our treadmill every day.

Maxie, I had ordered dwarf lilacs, and planted them in large garden pots, because our ground is hard clay. They lasted maybe 3 years, with attention and covering them in winters. Their blooms were not spectacular, but looked sparse and weak. Then came the winter (short as it is here) where plants and native trees just froze and gave it up. Those dwarf lilacs gave up, as did our trees. We have replaced all of our trees. But lilacs do beautifully in the Midwest, and not so much here in the SW.

This week seems to be scooting by. I need to sort my toiletries for travel next week. I managed to get a haircut appointment on the day before we leave on our trip. Still need to hem a pair of pants.

Have a very good day, everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Afternoon all! I slept in this morning until 8:40am and Aunt Maye was coming at 9:30....I had to hustle!

Yesterday was good. Puttered around until Becca came, got her stuff, and headed back up to her apt. We left almost right behind her for town. Got the pie delivered, went to Aldi's, stopped for a quick bite to eat, and then onto the thrift store. While there it reminded me that a friend of my SIL & brother offered me to go through stacks of boys clothes before she got rid of them. So we went over there once I got the groceries put away. I came home with a ton of clothes 7 & 8's mostly and some 10's & 12"s. Not many play clothes, but they'll be good for school & church.

The official swim team season is over, but they are still practicing this week for those that are in championships, which Blaise isn't. Everyone though is welcome to come practice and since it was a hot, muggy, nice evening, I took him to practice. Gave me a chance to chat with the ladies & him some exercise.

Like I said, I slept in this morning. While Aunt J scooped grease, I mixed up and baked 2 carrot cakes for the freezer. After lunch I think Blaise & I will go pick up his pictures from the studio. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Got a few texts from Becca. When she got home yesterday, she only had 2 fleas jump on her. Before leaving for work she sprinkled salt all over the carpets. When she got home last night only one flea jumped on her and this morning none. What a HUGE relief! Either Saturday or Sunday she'll come pick up her kitty and take her back home. Then MAYBE our Missy cat will come back inside. She doesn't like Joy.

Kathy texted me last night & she got turned down for her loan, so they've referred her to another place that gives loans to people with bad credit....I call them legal loan sharks. Whatever. She'll pay through the nose, but that's her problem. There are consequences for your actions, and not paying bills has big ones.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning been sorting mu haul from yedterday. Son took me to the goodwill up here, for the most part I found them a little pricey fir goidwill, of course I wasn't really looking for anything. At the regular store I did find the mother load of crichet/knitting supplies. Bunch of crochet hooks (some still in package) knitting needles, afagan hooks, 6 packages of stitch markers unopened, Something called a knock (with instructions) looks like a crochet hook on one end and a knitting needle with a hole through it on the other, and a small loom. Whole bag was $6 then we went over to the salvage store where mist things are sold by the pound. Bought a shower bench for hear at Candie's for $1. D.J. was almost as excited about the "craft" stuff as I was. The ones who taught me to crochet and knit told me you can never have to many hooks or needles.

Everyone have a great day

Comment

Working...
            X