Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ July 2

Good Morning!

Wow, was yesterday something. Rain came and within 20 minutes we had over 2". The pasture looked like a lake. All of the cows were up near the house it was so bad.

And then the power went out. Thank goodness it wasn't so hot in the house we couldn't stand it. We missed the ballgame because no TV, and we nearly missed dinner because no stove. Ha Ha!

Anyway, by dark, everything was back in order. And we lived to see another day.

Have my strawberry pie ready for church and my layered dip ready for company. We've been invited to 2 places today - lunch and dinner. Hope we don't poop out.

Have a lovely Sunday, Everyone.

Good morning, where is everyone? Not sure what is going on today. Kids are sleeping in, both worked all week and Ellen has off today and then will work straight through to next Sunday, they are two people short so she is putting in more hours.

Hello to all who pop in and hope you all have a great day

Comment

Morning! Was here earlier and thought I wrote something but not seeing it. Oh well, nothing important to say anyway. Have spaghetti sauce on but will need to run out for a salad and Italian bread. I think Sierra is suppose to stay home today and do some homework and then eat dinner with us so maybe I can con her to run out....after all I do DO her laundry every single day of her life! And yesterday she had the nerve to tell me her work shirts had grease stains on them....like what?... I am suppose to do a better job on her work clothes? Good thing it is summer and I am having a hard time working up enough energy to even pitch a fit. When a crack like that cannot stimulate my anger you know I am in my summer vibe! ! Neighbors shot their fireworks until late into the night but I have to say that did not even invoke my ire. Actually sounded familiar and peaceful for whatever reason. Must have been nostalgic last night. evidently there have been a bunch of small earthquakes around here lately. Someone on face book even posted the report on how many have happened in the last couple of weeks. I haven't felt anything so not worried. I think I would be more worried with all the fracking going on in Oklahoma than a natural earthquake. Man is his own enemy. The legislature in Illinois may maybe small possibility of a budget. entered year 3 of no budget July 1, and no medical bills being paid for state workers or retired employees. Yesterday was the first of the month so the bills come in again demanding payment. Threats of collection agencies and general harassment. I get that they want their money but suing these working people won't get it any faster...throw them into bankruptcy and they lose everything. Blame the governor...we do! How do politicians sleep at night? On top of a soft mattress of stolen money I guess. Crap in Illinois, crap in Washington...not big on politicians in this household. Sun is shining and the promise of a hot day. If the allergens would clear up it would be a perfect day....

Comment

Good morning.

ELAINE, it looks like we have 2 threads going this morning. Can you merge them?

Well, I'm showered, dressed and ready to go. But E said he wasn't ready to get up. I may just have breakfast at home. But we're off to the movies this morning.

Cookie, what series are you watching on Netflix that you mentioned the other day? We have watched pretty much all the Brit crime series. Crossing Jordan was good. This summer they're shooting more Longmire shows....the last one we saw, it left us "hanging".....looked hopeless for the "good guys". What a downer that was. Father Brown series was good. We're watching Dr Blake (Australian) now. Also, The Last Tango in Halifax. That's a British one, what starts as a sweet old couple who'd lost touch in their teens, they connect and are planning marriage. Now it's filled with his family and her family problems of all sorts. How they try to solve their problems. The old couple are on the verge of eloping.

Elaine, that was quite a storm! I'm glad everything is okay now. Geez, I want a storm like that. Need to cool off this weather, and drench whatever plants and trees we have.
        We have a 20% chance of rain today and tomorrow, but it's a maybe-chance. Mother Nature can be quite a tease about it.

Hi Beth & Darla, and whomever else may be posting today.

Have a beautiful day! ☀️

Hey Maxie, looks like we were typing together! 😄
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-02-2017, 10:41 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. My cousin was still stressing when we arrived for the party just because another person said they heard there was now a 10% chance of storms. Piffle!

Well before we arrived, we had our own drama here. Becca & I decided to take a little nap. When Becca got up she noticed the front door was open and her cat was no where to be found. Oh the tears. We called, and searched, and hunted inside & out and couldn't find her. Blaise & I finally went to the party with heavy hearts. Cork & Becca arrived about a half an hour later and still no kitty. We had a nice time at the party though we didn't know probably 80% of the people. Normally I stay to help with clean up, but I cleaned and organized during the evening. So I left with the kids when the fireworks were over.

We came home and Joy kitty was under Becca's bed...PTL!!!! Don't know where the little turd had been hiding & slept while we were hunting, but at least she was inside & safe. Kathy's vehicle died this week and she's in the process of getting a loan to buy our extra car now that Becca bought her own. Kathy took the car home with her so she can get back & forth to work.

This morning we just went to church. My SIL & her girls are coming over to swim after lunch. I need to make my fried cabbage and noodles for tomorrow's swim meet concession stand. It always tastes better the 2nd day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Bethina's post from the other thread for today: Good morning. My left for home yesterday. It was so nice having them here for almost a week. Miss them already.

Tester my mom sis and I worked together and made an amazing Lunch!!! Mom had brought her smoker with her. She smoked 3 chicken. I made the brownies and baked sweet potatoes in the oven. My sis cooked corn zucchini and squash on the grill. It was all delish..

Today I am working sale day at work.

Comment

Working...
            X