Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...June 18

Good morning ghosts.

Boy these halls are empty. Wonder where everyone is. Tell your fathers or husbands Happy Fathers Day.

I'm off to Church in a bit.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Well, it is a hot good morning from me. I got up at the usual time around 5:30 and it was already 80* outside! We shut the windows right away. It usually cools down during the night, but not enough last night. That, plus the wind, will make for a dangerous fire situation is anything starts one.
    Becky and I went back to the Farmer's market on our way to a barbecue (which because of the heat, turned into deli sandwiches and salads) to buy peaches. I had bought nectarines for daycare and Beck decided she wanted to make a peach cobbler...as we were picking them out, the owner heard her asking which would be good to bake with and he said, Here I will give you peaches for baking today...and gave them to us for free! It is my favorite fruit and vegetable stand. the yellow plums at the end of the summer are my favorite fruit! And I have not been a plum person before. Anyway, it was just a nice gesture and it does pay to go to the market 20 minutes before closing!
    Today is church and then taking flowers to the cemetery. I also want to see what the storage unit looks like. I remembered one container of Christmas ornaments that I am storing (term loosely used!) for a friend and I want to see if they are still around. I hope Becky didn't take them to the shelter as a donation. My friend didn't ever put them on her tree, but they were Hallmark ornaments her late husband had been collecting and I thought her daughter might like them. The two weeks I would be storing her things has sure turned into a lot longer...5 1/2 years!
    I hope you all have a good Sunday. I know the air will be really going today. Becky bought a nice lightweight blanket, more of a throw size, for an older lady at church who is always chilly. I had said at my Utah friend's church there is a closet with lap quilts for those who get chilled. So, from that remark Becky went to Walmart and got one...we will see if anyone needs it today.
    Happy Father's Day to all the men in our lives. I have such great memories of my Dad and my wonderful husband. Let's make some good memories today!

Comment

Good morning.
      Not many posting today? Well, it's Father's Day, and I hope all the dads out there have a great day.

It's supposed to go to 108° today. Even if we don't get winds, there are breezes tickling the trees. No rain forecasted til about month's end. We have no plans today. I woke at 5a, and the air conditioner was already on. It hasn't quit yet.
      To me, it's too much, too soon in the day.

Today's the last day of my low-fiber diet. Tomorrow it's all liquids. I did precook a package of petite serloin steaks for E. All I have to do is come up with side dishes for him. Easy. Actually I slow-cooked the frozen steaks in onion soup, put the exta steaks in the fridge, then added hash browns to the broth to simmer til cooked. Could have added veggies too, but opened a jar of pickled beets for him instead. He loved it.

Am SO not looking forward to the colonoscopy on Tuesday. But won't think about that today.

Emily, our autistic great grand, had a pretty nice birthday at DD's house yesterday. She got a multi-neon colored ball, a birthday sash, and a giant card with Disney's princesses on it, plus a check she gets to spend at Toys R Us....from us. Someone gave her a spinner thingy that she loves, too. I don't know if her other grandma is having their "family" party for her as well.....she's a very mean, disagreeable person. (Yes, the kind who WILL take candy away from children, for herself to eat it, despite her diabetes and side effects.).

Well, I finished my cinnamon toast and tea. Time to start my day, I guess.
      Hope you all have a marvelous day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! We got back in the wee hours of the morning after deciding not to stop for the night but drive on through. Holy cow...am I stiff and sore! We had a great time but I gotta admit that this family can fight, snip and get pissy over just about everything that happens....seems someones nose is out of joint about something. I love reading how families live in peace and harmony for a week of heat, walking miles, standing in endless lines, eating and sleeping in the same room...we were at throats on minute then amazed at how wonderful things were the next. About midway on the trip down Andrew got car sick....after his mother swore he did not, but here we were, one scrapping down the kid and the other hosing out the backseat. Since Sierra does get car sick we had a barrel of motion sickness pills and had not other incidents of that nature. I did every ride the kids did and riding home yesterday Sierra looked up the pictures and in each one I am holding on for dear life with my eyes closed. The highlight reel this year is grandma on the roller coasters. Hey for a 69 year old grandma I did pretty darn good...those things scare me to death but I will have my grands remembering me as the fun gram and I hope they forget about all the moaning and groaning and the at one day my ankles looked like watermelons! It rained every single day we were there but you just keep on going and it cooled things considerably. Sierra is already off for the day with her boyfriend and Andrew's mother just picked him up for Father's Day with grandpa. Jon is off yet this week and we will celebrate during the week. I have bushels and bushels of laundry and there is exactly zilch in the pantry. I am tired and broke and ready for an afternoon with the kids gone and Jon in his boy cave. Great time, lots of laughs now to recoup. Concrete guys suppose to come tomorrow but I see JULIE has not been here to mark the utilities. Oh well, coffee and an afternoon of catching up on the news. You don't miss what is going on in the world while gone but I have a feeling of urgency to now catch up. Good to be home!

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome home, Maxie. Your sense of humor was missed. I hope my family gets along week after next. AND it will probably rain all week on us as well.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Becca's BF Carissa came up for the day just in time for breakfast. The girls went out swimming and once Cork arrived home, Blaise got to go down so that Cork & I could go to a few garage sales. Some people just over price their junk. Apparently they like packing it back up. The last one we went to was a great one. There wasn't much left there, but that's because she priced stuff to sell. I picked up 8 books for $.25 each. 3 were for Blaise & I'll keep them to give as "rewards". I gave the lady my card & ask if she would call me next year since she sells a bunch of boys books every year.

After lunch I went down with the kids to the pool to swim for a while. The water was perfect. We then all came up and got ready to go to my niece's grad party. It was great seeing family & friends. My SIL cousin Donna and I did a lot of the clean up after dinner. We worked very well together. Besides, it was cooler in the house. We left about 9pm and went down for an evening swim since it was still in the 80's. I had never done that before. Nice!

This morning was church & SS. Came home & got 2 pies in the oven for a customer. I told her I'd make them fresh. While in SS, the restaurant texted and wanted 3 more cream pies, which I already have made in the freezer. Will be picking up around here to get ready for company later. My family is all coming for leftover food from the party and swimming. Becca will be heading back to her place in the early evening. It's been nice having her home.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
        X