Wednesday Halfway there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Halfway there

Good morning...work yesterday was ok...I think I am getting a little bit burned out...I still do like my job...I am still extremely thankful for the job I have. I just am a little bit tired of it...Tired of how short we have been working lately...I hate that the volunteer rollers don't always have stuff to roll...when they don't have anything else to do they come and double check my work..sometimes messing it up because of the way it needs to be filed and them not thinking its right so they "fix it" I go behind them the next morning and fix it back...yesterday I finally said something to my supervisor. Not sure if they will explain it to the volunteer staff person so she can explain it to her clients..or not ...

Working today...This afternoon I will meet the person that will be coming twice a week to help me. They will be coming twice a week...one of the times will be spent making sure that I am cleaning the house the way that mom wants it.....The other will be spent running errands what ever that may be...anything from getting groceries so I don't have to call a cab to bring them home to taking corie to the vet if she needs to go...They will even drop me off at church if the times they are here line up with when I go to church..I am very happy about that because I am paying a cab 7.00 one way to get to church every Wednesday.

The same program that will be sending the person to help me also has classes of different types and activities that I can be a part of ....I have been asked to do 2 activities a month. Most of them are evening activities...I am looking forward to learning new stuff....

The thing that I am most excited about is expanding my list of what I can cook and prepare properly.

good morning

Hi Bethina.. you sound so "looking forward" today.. that's great..

Im moving slow this morning . overcast. no trips planned in the car..so its dusting and sweeping .. pulled out some of my summer everyday slacks and they are so big ... .I'm glad for the weight lose... My knees thank me every day. ... so I think I will have a day with the trash bag and just toss them all out.. In a house tho' there is always something that needs done... plus I could spend a day at the computer cleaning out files too... OR..... I could just order a few more books on the Kindle and READ..

whatever I better get moving .. I might be sprouting roots!.Ha.

be back to see what you all are doing .
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Well, the trash cans are back in the back yard and ready to be filled again. I have water going on the grapes and the pots out front are watered as well. the kids had a good time outside yesterday and today should be as active. I actually bought a take and bake pizza last night for today. They have been asking for it for awhile and it just sounded fun.
      Beth, talk about sounding fun: your new helpers and activities sound great! So glad there are programs to help us when we need it. As to work: just keep on doing the good job you do and it will be recognized. If you show up, and do your area, then you are doing your best. If they get understaffed, well, that is sad that others aren't there, but it will be noted that you are always there!
      My mother has been going through old photos and found a couple of a trip we alltook in 1960. We were living in Rockville, Md. and went up to Ithaca, NY so my grandmother could see the graves of the couple who had sponsored my grandfather when he immigrated from Switzerland. their last name was Raub. My dad's middle name is Raub as well as one of my brothers and one of my sons...Anyhow, the picture shows us eating at a picnic table and I am drinking a Nehi grape soda! I jposted the photo on FAcebook, because it showed how much my girls look like me at that age!
      Hope you all have a great day and find a lot to smile about!

Comment

Good Morning! I'm back in again. Crazy

Well, Janet, I am not sprouting roots. Yard clean up is in full swing, and it's a bigger job than John and I can handle anymore. Whew!

Paula, I saw the photo on FB. SO cute.

Better get a bowl of something and head back outside before the heat hits.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Morning...still have the headache but it is not pounding. Andrew had an unscheduled game last night so we rushed around and got there half way through. In time to see Drew score the first of his two runs. We still lost 11 to 7 but closest game we have played in a while! Had a fast bite after the game with Andrew and his mom. Kid was excited with his scoring twice and I am so grateful his mom and dad sit together and talk and laugh. It is good for the kid to see parents can be friends. To bad Sierra never saw any of that. Andrew is suppose to be by this evening to cut the grass and I have shirts for his mom to pack. He decided mom would do his packing and that is fine because none of us will get yelled at. He still needs to find a couple of movies to watch in the car. Sierra came in very late last night and I just told her what we think of her boyfriend is in her hands. These late nights coming in alone on country roads is not making us fall in love with this guy. I hope I made some impression. Lot's to start today. need to try on pants before I pack them. I am not grocery shopping this late in the trip planning so guess it will be a week of fast food. That should help make my pants fit! Think I'll sit out with a cup of coffee for a minute before Sierra gets up. Hope she is in a good mood...We will see. It is hard since this is the first time she has been allowed freedom and she is pushing. I know that but damn I need sleep. Mother's and grandmother's never stop worrying!

Comment

Good morning.
            Yesterday hit 105°; hope today doesn't get over the forecasted 102°.
            Will be getting my hair cut shortly. I woke up with a sore tummy, I'd rather sleep in but it's too late to cancel the appointment.
            I'm also feeling cold and am shivering. Hopefully I'll warm up on the drive to the hairdresser.
            I'll nap when we get back.

Have a good day, peeps.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Talked to Sharon this morning to wish her a happy Birthday. She and Doug are having a wonderful time. Said she is enjoying the trip as it has been a while since she could leave home without the worry of her Chrons acting up.

​Today I am doing very little as yesterday turned out to be no rest to be found. Weed eated my neighbor's yard as he has cancer and can no longer do the yard. My other neighbor was going to do the mowing today. Well yesterday I had just sat down in the swing with a glass of iced lemonade, and I heard Kathy's mower going. So I had to jump up and get back over there to pick up the sticks that had fallen. That always does a job on my back.

Anyway Kathy and I were talking when the wife came out of the house. I told her that her grandson needed to be picking up these sticks. Her reply was that I should tell him. My reply back to her was...I can do that, and don't think I won't. He needs to get off his fat butt and do some things to help out.

But he is just like her...lazy. She won't even go to the grocery store to do the shopping. Roger still has to do it all. I hope she doesn't think that all the work the neighbors do for Roger will continue after he is gone. We've all said it will stop. She has 4 kids who live around here, and 2 of them live about 5 blocks away, and they don't have jobs. So "they" better get prepared as all this work will be turned over to them.

​Ok...;so now that I've gotten that off my chest....hope all have a good day. I do have to go to a visitation this evening before going to Bible study.
              Last edited by jostoy; 06-07-2017, 10:16 AM.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone...

OMG..I can not believe ...i am the last one...

I had morning chores to do..And work on some pillows...Time just flew by...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good afternoon. I didn't go anywhere today. No haircut. I slept instead.
                  From 8am til 2:30pm. I was very cold, and E got the electric blanket set up again. Doing better now.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X