Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ April 29

Good Morning, Friends.

Crazy weather out there but supposed to get much worse. Just looked out to see a large limb from a pecan down.

Yesterday I decided to mow and got myself in a mess. Ran over barbed wire I could not see and it wrapped the blades up good. Now to get help to unravel the mess.

Can't decide on cake or cookies for church but will have to bake something later.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Good morning....my parents are coming today for a whole week...I think I am excited! I only have a couple more things to finish up....I just scrubbed my toilet and put away my clean laundry...I just need to sweep my floors in my bedroom...and wash a few dishes....then I shall shower and get dressed and get under a cover upstairs and read and watch tv while I await their arrival...

I am hoping we can do something fun with my nieces today...not sure though...my sister and her husband and his parents and siblings and their spouses are headed to Europe for a week...the Paris area...I don't remember the exact location...this is the reason my parents are coming for week. To keep my nieces...I could probably do and we would survive barely! LOL They would kill each other while I was at work...LOL The oldest finds the youngest to be super annoying and younger one antagonizes her sister...

I will keep peanut the youngest entertained atleast one evening..she and I will go to the dollar movies. Mom has asked me to start supper most evenings....and Tuesday evening I have to let my neighbors dogs out..and again during the funeral on Wednesday...My neighbor seems to be doing better...still in shock but better.

Off to finish my chores so we can do something fun later.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning!
      Looks like today we have a 10° Drop in the temprtature, down to 73° for today's high. No rain in sight, though most evenings we've been having high winds. So I wonder what that's all about. Tomorrow we'll get our 10° back.

Not much going on here. My weight is up a few pounds, so I won't be baking.

Elaine, maybe a nephew can come over to fix the mower problem?
      Beth, it sounds like a busy week ahead for you. With work and all, I hope you manage to stay calm through whatever obstacles may arise. But I'm sure it'll be mostly fun for you.

Well, I should fix myself a bite of breakfast. Haven't even had my cuppa, yet.
      The sun is up and shining very brightly. Nice!
      Hope you all have a very good day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        that weight thing! I am up a few pounds since the holidays and now wanting to get it off before I go to Maryland...so no weekend indulging for me.
        I am trying to not overstress about it, just not walk down that cookie or ice cream aisle.

I can't believe I forgot to tell you all what I got at work the other day for 6.03. I got a keurig coffee pot!!!! I was/am thrilled! My parents will help me know about the pod things! I am still running vingar water out...then will change the filter.

Any one have one of these have any favorite drinks made with them? I am thinking I want something french vanilla or chocolate today!

Comment

good morning .

my font must be going crazy again,, this typing looks so small!.. .. got engrossed in a book and read until 9.30.. got the morning chores done. dishes, beds, cat fed. dinner planned. etc etc... sunshine right now but we are warned there are to be thunder storms off and on starting soon..

Baby Granddaughter Bethany, look so beautiful as she left for the prom last evening .. so grown up.. sigh.. I guess we have ended the
        "children" stage of grandkids and entered the adult stage... now it will be boy,- girl friends. jobs. marriages, babies. buying houses. etc etc.
        how fast the time went..big big sighs . ......great grandbabies are sweet. but ......we don't babysit them.. ( rarely see them). just love them ..

Bethina,, had a great week.. kind of hectic but fun
        Elaine,, I quit mowing many years ago.. because,,,, every time I did,, thinking I was helping DAvid out... the mower seem to hit something,
        just break down.. etc etc... so , deciding the mowers hate me,, I refuse to mow... now I have two sons who can come and help their Dad..I don't ask David to run the washer. and dryer. or even the sweeper... so I think we are even.

not in mood to go yard or rummage sales today.. next week?

hey got eggs on cooking , see you all later.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

good morning! I am ready to go to a friends' moving sale and see if I can find a small table to use an end table. I prepped my salad last night for the funeral and just got a message this morning that the music will be How Great Thou Art and Abide With Me. That first one is beautiful but can be pretty emotional at a funeral...
          I switched my salad to a pasta taco salad I saw on Facebook. I just want to take something different and even though we love the macaroni salad I was going to take, I wanted something a little more special for this lady's funeral.
          Beth, that is a great find!
          My yard is starting to look really good. All the patios are cleaned up and ready for chairs and relaxing. I found some cut fence posts that have been hidden forever and cleaned them up and I am using them to define the sand area as well as let the kids use them as a balance beam, right on the ground.
          I told JoG I am trying to get rid of the few pounds I have put on since the holidays (starting with that one the end of October!) and so I have been going outside after dinner instead of sitting down and reading or watching tv. The weekend is always a time I kind of let go and reward myself with a doughnut or Starbucks so I am looking to find other kinds of rewards and hopefully by the time I go to Maryland I will be a little lighter and ready to walk all over DC.
          Have a good day!
          Elaine, I always vote for cake, unless I want to stay close to the kitchen putting cookies in and out of the oven...
          maxie, hope your weekend has some winning games in it!

Comment

Paula, my weekend started out with a big win last night...can't wait for Sunday's game! My sister laughs at me for being such a fanatic but I just love this game! Last evening we got an emergency call that Sierra's car had broken down. She was in the area doing paper work at the college and her dad was just getting off work so he got right to her and she is all fixed and ready to go. Lot of money but it should be reimbursed under warranty. We then all went out to eat and, of course, she had that wanker boyfriend with her. I told Jon I am seeing way more of him than I like and he said just wait until she moves back. God give me strength! Today is the family farewell dinner for mommy dearest with her family. I had turned down baseball tickets because of this event and then when I told Sierra she said she would rather do baseball than this dinner. That's my girl...but I did turn them down already. Game probably cancelled anyway since we have had over 3 inches of rain since yesterday with much more to come. We have one way in and out of here with this darn construction and Jon texted this morning that the road out is flooded plus the rain has washed the road fill out and we have huge, I mean gigantic holes to drive through and open trenches we cannot see for the puddles. People back here are livid but kinda stuck...we are way past being told 'it will be wonderful when finished'. It is trying to live while they piddle around to work on it!! Storms tonight are suppose to be strong and we did have hail yesterday. I think this has trained over us long enough and it is time to give someone else a thrill. Weather guy says we have had a months worth of April showers in the last 36 hours....on top of the above average rain we have already had this month! 'Flooding will be an issue'...no crap Sherlock! Happy Saturday all...enjoy your day and sun if you have it.

Comment

Working...
            X