4/27/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/27/16

Good morning...work has been exactly that this week....will be glad to see Saturday get here...I didn't go to church last night....been having issues with head aches and allergies....

I don't think that cori feels very good either...not really wanting to be away from me and sneezing a lot lately..shaking her head some!

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine...
    I just to pop in..Oh Boy..We are getting some storm..Let everyone know..We are home and safe...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining & we didn't even need a jacket to go out to the bus stop. NICE!

Yesterday was good. I puttered around & cleaned for a bit in the morning until it was time to leave for town. Dropped off the pie at the doctor's office then headed to Arby's to meet Becca for lunch. It's so nice that's she's closer now. It's only about 15 minutes for each of us to meet at Arby's. Had a nice chat, made some date decisions, and gave her her mail that's been coming here still. She decided she didn't want the lamps that my cousin Diane gave to me for her, so I dropped them off at the thrift store, then went in to see if I could find anything I NEEDED. LOL!

While in line the lady in front of me said this was the first she had been out since the accident. Here she was the one in the convertible that the truck hit when it flew thru the red light due to brake lose. The people behind her thought she got decapitated, but here she heard his horn & saw what was going to happen, and leaned over in her seat. God must still have mighty things for her to do!

Blaise decided he wanted eggs with his dinner again, and he was going to cook them, which was fine. Well they were done, and I gave him a potholder to hold onto the handle. Turned my back to get his plate & he started screaming. Here he put his other hand under the skillet to balance it and got burnt. All along the side of his index finger. We nursed it and in an hour he was back to his normal self. This morning he took off the medicated bandaid. I tell young moms that if you freak out, they freak out. You have to be calm, reassuring, and confident.

This morning is Bible Study. I've already loaded the trunk with part of the stuff for Saturday's cooking for the homeless shelter. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring once I get home. There is always something that needs done.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

sassy, cute cats.

We had our deluge of rain yesterday, and this morning it is bright and sunny - but cold.

Glad Blaise made it through his first cooking foulup. Lots more to come if he continues to cook.

Haircuts for both of us today. I found that getting my hair cut at the same time as John works best. Other than that, not much happening = which I like.

Have a great day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning. 😊
          Got my MRI & CT Scan done yesterday. (Will get the results from doc on Monday.) We left mid-morning for the cancer center lab to set up my port. E forgot where Radiology was, and wouldn't believe it wasn't where the GPS was taking us. I reminded him "across Trader Joes parking lot" which was a bit further down the street. When we got there we browsed in Trader Joes, picked up a drink and a small bag of cranberry scones. Had a snack in the car (which was basically lunch) then went across the lot to the Radiology building. I was an hour early, but that was okay. Eventually they got me and had me wearing way-oversized scrubs for the tests. That took about two hours. The hard surfaces did my lower back no favors. The last tester had a bit of a surly attitude, as I wasn't walking as fast as her. Tough, I'm an older woman now.
          Everyone else was very nice. So mid-afternoon had us back in traffic, heading home. We had to stop for milk & bread, and pick up our mail, so we came in the door at just about supper time. I had frozen the meatloaf patties, so that and veggies made for a quick & satisfying dinner.
          Today, back to house chores and stuff. I'm having a wake-up cuppa hot minty chocolate now, and will eat breakfast later.

My middle DD got an extra job as a former patient's personal trainer. She'll be using her apartment complex's gym to work with the guy. He likes that she is a tough Physical Trainer, and really knows her stuff. She's in her early 50's, doesn't look like she had 3 kids, looks like she's in her 30's, and looks solid and very fit. She's making her life a success; despite going through a divorce.

Beth, sorry you're having headache problems.
          Hi Sassy.
          Cookie, you sure handled that situation well with Blaise. You're absolutely right about the freaking-out bit. Must be calm!!!

To everyone, have a super duper day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Rained all yesterday afternoon and had thunder storms last night and rained most of the night...Looks like it is getting brighter out this morning but more rain expected tonight. Cardinal game cancelled yesterday and my Blues lost. Today i must get to the post office and mail off Scott's birthday and Easter...it has been sitting here for 3 weeks! I am not a very good mom to make him wait this long. Andrew suppose to have baseball practice this evening, which I doubt but must be prepared for...so think we will have eggs and pancakes. He gets home at 4:00 and has to leave for practice at 5:00 so that does not leave much time for meals and homework...that does not even leave time to grab fast food! The green menace has stopped clogging the air and now these stringy things are falling everywhere. I stopped sweeping them...why couldn't mother nature find nice clean pink glittery things to pollinate instead of this nasty irritating ugly stuff? Plus it has been so breezy and this stuff just flies. I am with you Beth with headaches and noses. Sorry poor Blaise burned himself. How many of us have put a over mitt on one hand and reached with the other? Sassy, my son south of us says he got hammered last night with hail and heavy rain...stay safe. Elaine nothing makes you feel better than a good haircut. Enjoy your day out. I am off to the post office and pick up eggs for tonight...sky not as bright so maybe everything will be cancelled tonight but I am in the mood for pancakes! Stay dry out there!!

Comment

good morning .

up very early ,thanks to you know who... but took the time to finish a book on the kindle... weird kind of story. and probably won't read any more of that lady"s books.

D. has pcp dr appt. at 1 pm.. will take all afternoon.. as he always runs late. and then the trip to the pharmacy..
              plus some driving Bethany "somewhere " later today.. aren't my days just full of fun?..

Poor Blaise.. lesson #1.. handled very skillfully Grandma... bet he never burns his hand again.. I am glad to hear how he wants to do stuff for himself. good sign!

after 2-3 interruptions from hubby.. I might as well stop.. say hi to you all.. and help this man get ready for his appt.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
              X