Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday April 14th

Good Morning!

I've been meeting myself coming & going, but it's all going fine. I just wrote out a list, and keep crossing things off as I accomplish them.

Yesterday I made a couple batches of homemade marshmallows. Some I made into 8" layers for the cake layers and some I made into swirls for the decorations. It started out a bit rough, but the second batch came together quite easily. This is NOT a cheap or easy cake, I tell you. We went to church last night for Good Friday service. Good end to the day to remind me what this is all about.

This morning I've already got the 2 peach pies baked and the two cakes assembled. Decorated the one & now waiting for the second to chill before putting on the ganache and decorations. Will clean up the kitchen & myself, then start calling customers. Then it's onto decorating the cupcakes that a baked & froze earlier in the week and those are for the restaurant's buffet tomorrow. Then I have to start thinking about my own Easter preparations. I won't assemble my cake until tomorrow morning since it has fresh crushed strawberries in it. I think I'm going to have leftover strawberries, so I think I'll make a strawberry pie or two tomorrow. We'll go to sunrise service at 6am, so I'll have plenty of time to make & assemble my stuff tomorrow.

Had a nice visit with Becca. She had to leave early because of work. She got there for the 1pm Unit meeting onto to find out it was canceled the day before. She wasn't the only one not notified. Some poor guy drove from Erie. Then she found out they found another replacement for the person she was suppose to be working for last night, so she ended up going home & relaxing for the day. She needed it. Chatted with Kathy too, and she FINALLY found a PCP and started getting issues addressed. Whew! There is hope that she's growing up. She had to get a check up to prove she wasn't on drugs or alcohol because someone unnamed reported her for such. Out of spite. Her drivers license was going to be suspended if she didn't get this check up signed by a PCP. Always something with that girl.

Have a good one all!

Good morning.
    I woke a bit after 4 this morning, so I went back to bed and woke up 2 hours later. Just finished a bowl of cereal and am enjoying my mocha. I need to cook & color my Easter eggs today. We may or may not have to go to a store or two today.

You sure have an early start, cookie.

Where is everyone on this beautiful Saturday? 😄

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, hope you have a super-duper day. ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning....I am enjoying my visit with my parents and uncle..We went their most favorite coffee shop for a delicious big breakfast and coffee. I shall have a nap now then meeting friends for lunch. I feel like all I am doing is eating and relaxing.

Comment

Good morning! Going to have to turn on the air conditioner today I think. Yesterday i pulled out my capris and you know it has to be hot for me to give up the sweat pants! After Sierra left yesterday I did some yard shopping and today we will plant the pots and place the lights. Will be so happy to get the front going but not until June. I don't know why Jon said after vacation when we could have had it done BEFORE vacation. Sierra and her boyfriend brought in some things yesterday then left. He is so immature that I can hardly stand it. Looking for love and comfort in the wrong place is just going to make for bigger and complicated problems down the road. Maybe when she gets back into a fairly normal family she will look around. Be so glad to get mommy dearest out of here and far away gone. I look at that woman and could care less what happens to her and I mean I do not give a Christian care about her. But onward with the day. Jon is now watching his sugar so he wants to grocery shop. I should feel guilty because if I cooked more and healthier he may not have this problem and I will try harder but still will hate cooking. But on the other hand his cholesterol is excellent. Blues won last night and the next game they play I will be seated at. So darn excited! Sun is shining so bright and birds are singing...going in to slather up with sunscreen and sit on the patio until time to head to the grocery then the yard. 87* for today and warm all next week. May even take the flannels off my bed! Have a beautiful weekend all.....

Comment

Good bright, sunny Saturday! I can hear doves outside here, maxie.
          After taking the dinner to the shelter (and getting off early from daycare!) I had a hair and nail appointment. I wasn't tired for a change and just enjoyed my time with Lynn, my stylist. She is one of the two friends I cook with...but when her schedule is like it was this week, she buys the food and has her sister cook it.
          Donna, I have never made homemade marshmallows...are they like divinity and need a dry day to work?
          Maxie, if Jon is wanting to shop for the food, maybe he will enjoy doing some of the cooking...or putting together salads or whatever he thinks will be healthier?
          I have a morning appointment and then just the regular grocery shopping and a good floor cleaning in the daycare.
          I hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Got busy doing laundry and house cleaning this morning. Never really had time to check in this morning.

​Tomorrow is Sunrise servive at 6 A, so won't be checking in tomorrow.

Thought I might see where Sharon had maybe checked in. Guess she isn't home yet.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw she posted on Facebook they are home but getting back into her time zone and unpacking.

Good evening ... been a busy day... sort of... getting things prepped for tomorrow morning cooking session... since we have resumed regular church attendance. and I will be playing organ//piano duet as part of the prelude music.. (2 whole mins.)... we have leave for church a bit earlier than usual.. so will hopefully have my alarm couple.. David and Kat.. wake me ... the pie crust and filling , just so I don't burn it... the will put the pretzel salad together. which is time consuming .never made it before so will be slower and careful..

Easter is my most loved Holiday... it is so Joyous!.... so much meaning !.

I will be back in in the morning ...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
            X